It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminems new video - Las Vegas shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Has anyone saw this video yet??
Eminem dropped a new Album - Music to get murdered by.
On the album is a song called Darkness which happens to have a music video
That video is from the Los Vegas shooter - Stephen Paddock's perspective.
Then it goes on to show news clips from school shootings and other attacks.
I love Eminem's music and I can see this video is supposed to advocate for gun control, but I can see some people getting up in arms about this any minute now.

Thoughts?

edit on 17-1-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

And this.

Eminem has been called "disgusting" and "pathetic" after rapping about the Manchester Arena bomb attack, which killed 22 people in 2017.
The lyric comes in a new song, Unaccommodating, in which the star boasts about his impact on hip-hop

www.bbc.com...

I won't bother to post the music video.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Eminem is one of the GOATs of hip hop. Brilliant lyricist. I don't necessarily agree with his perspective, but won't deny the talent. He has always been shocking... it is his shtick, even when he was still underground on mixtapes.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It is going to take me a while to forgive you for luring me into listening to that ......, I swear I can't call it music.

People actually pay money for that?

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Has anyone saw this video yet??
Eminem dropped a new Album - Music to get murdered by.
On the album is a song called Darkness which happens to have a music video
That video is from the Los Vegas shooter - Stephen Paddock's perspective.
Then it goes on to show news clips from school shootings and other attacks.
I love Eminem's music and I can see this video is supposed to advocate for gun control, but I can see some people getting up in arms about this any minute now.

Thoughts?

If he rapped from the perspective of one thug killing another thug, no one would give two sh*ts about it....

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Oh I get it.
And the message is a strong one.

But kids are to fragile these days to understand the actual meaning behind this stuff.
These "too woke for their own good" kids are gonna see this as a praise for the shooting.
Not the message that he's trying to give - stronger gun control.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It is going to take me a while to forgive you for luring me into listening to that ......, I swear I can't call it music.

It is music. You just may not know how to listen to it and appreciate what goes into it. Granted, a lot of commercialized hip hop nowadays is auto-tuned garbage (as far as the actual rapper is concerned) but Eminem hardly fits into that category.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Oh I get it.
And the message is a strong one.

But kids are to fragile these days to understand the actual meaning behind this stuff.
These "too woke for their own good" kids are gonna see this as a praise for the shooting.
Not the message that he's trying to give - stronger gun control.

Exactly. I've always appreciated MCs who can rap from a different perspective while telling a story. Nas's "I Gave You Power" where he raps from the perspective of a gun. I forget the name of the song, but Gucci Mane has a song where he rapping from the perspective of money and it is compared to a drug.

Here in Chicago, the was a song recently released called the Melly Story. It is shear brillance. Chicago ganster rap is called Drill. Anyway, a known gangster (not a rapper but widely respected in streets) was killed at a house party several months ago. His name was 051 Melly. The guy was a basically a street serial killer supposedly, but widely liked. Respected and feared by other gangs... kind of had a really calm and nice personality when you see him in videos. Kind of a baby face, but supposedly a straight demon.

There was a lot of speculation about who killed him and why. Several deaths supposedly associated in the wake of his death. Just go to youtube and google 051 melly and you'll see..

Anyway, a RIVAL gang member and rapper (THF Billa) released a song basically rapping from two perspectives. One perspective is Melly's at th party in which he was killed... the other perspective is from the killer.

edit on 17-1-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Wow, this guy really sounds like UGK

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Wow, this guy really sounds like UGK

Yeah, he does sound a little like Bun B now that I listened to it. Can't quite flow like Bun B, but similar voice tone.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

YES, Bun B!
Dont know why UGK came into my head.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

YES, Bun B!
Dont know why UGK came into my head.

Bun B is one half of UGK... Other half is Pimp C (rapper with the strong country drawl)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
He made an entire album(Relapse) that fantasies about being a serial killer and touch’s on some pretty dark notes including murder, rape and cannibalism. Possibly his weakest album its certainly weird but I don’t recall anyone getting upset about the content only that it sucked and he used a weird accent.

edit on 17-1-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
In latest news.. water is wet

Eminem has made a career off of shock value.

I was a huge fan back in the day, he newer stuff though is hea ily commercialized and poppy.

I really wished his angle in this song/video was less gun control, more... the shooter actually was in the CIA and the what really happened was covered up.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Its crazy isn't it?

I mean, I totally understand why his been my hands down favourite music artist since I was a 19 year old kid. But damn, his like the 30th top selling music artist of all time.

You've got to give to him though. Most people in his shoes would've just accepted there fate as another white trash loser, who washes dishes for minimum wage. But he refused to accept it, coordinated a plan to get ahead in life and succeeded... beyond what he probably ever could've imagined.

Here's a song from his first ever album before he even hooked up with dr dre. The album totally flopped... but it gives a deeper perspective of what Marshall Mathers is really about.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

In a way, I can see what he's doing here but at the same time, could bring a lot of bad memories back for some people.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My thoughts are his anti-conservative rhetoric coupled with portraying himself as someone who shot up a country music festival speaks volumes to his mentality.

Honest I stopped paying attention to him when he got political.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It is a dark world, for those that can identify with the words of this song

you should reach out for help.

Remember the world is a huge place to find your reason you don't need to do something so selfish as to destroy others because you give up finding your reason.

I did see the politics of gun control in the video, but the bigger one that is so blatant that it blindsides the masses is the need for prescription control and criminalizing doctors who are willfully complacent in contributing to someone's darkness.

In addition, another reason for the wall and all-out war on whoever poisons the masses.

In the 1980's I remember war was declared on drugs well i must say we have got our ass whooped and have lost millions of loved ones to it.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
My thoughts are his anti-conservative rhetoric coupled with portraying himself as someone who shot up a country music festival speaks volumes to his mentality.

Well, that just means his holding true to the persona that made him famous, yeah?

Ain't exactly like Eminems ever gone out of his way to portray himself as conservative or mentally stable... lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well they did blame him for Columbine, and hurting women, even though the b***** still love him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join