It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trash We Look Up To

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh Sharon... What an Example... What a Hero... What a Role Model... What a person to look up to. What a royal P.o.S.!

Do you ever wonder about the current state of the country we are living in? What about the world? With so many 'good' people to look up to, it's amazing that we're such a mess. These... These are the people we let determine our opinions. These are the people that your family watches often and says "you know... she's right. She makes such a great point". These are the leaders of our great day-time comedy, our opinions and our moral compass.

I only have one question.... WHY?

You sir, are about to burn to a crisp, risking life and limbs for my pets... However, you do not have sense of humor about it all, so... You're Fired!

Sharon... Ozzy very well may have meant you when he made Crazy Train. You wakjob! You waste of life! You cruel monster of a woman! Maybe Ozzy should have bit the head off of this old bat!

Yahoo

“The Talk” host Sharon Osbourne told a bonkers but apparently true anecdote on a British game show about firing an assistant after he saved her dogs during a house fire.

The reason for the pink slip? Looking back on the incident ― in which Osbourne says she took an oxygen mask off the man’s face, put it on a dog and ordered him back into the building to retrieve paintings ― the employee just didn’t find the whole thing very funny.

In a segment from “Would I Lie To You,” where panelists try to guess if a celebrity’s story is real, Osbourne said that she and rocker husband Ozzy Osbourne were burning a Christmas candle they’d received as a gift. After they went to bed, a fire broke out. Ozzy tried to put out the flames, Sharon said, but only succeeded in getting some on himself.

She and her husband made it to safety, and then Sharon summoned the staffer. She ordered him into the burning house to find their dogs and retrieve some art, and became annoyed when the worker hemmed and hawed. Ultimately, he did save the dogs, and firefighters arrived on the scene ― but Sharon grew peeved when she saw one of them giving the assistant oxygen.

“How very dare you!” she remembered telling the employee. “You work here and you get more paintings out right now ... I took the mask and I put it on my dog.”

Osbourne said she and her husband later laughed about the blaze, but the assistant saw no comedic value in what he believed might be potential lung damage.

Watch above to learn of the jaw-dropping way in which she canned the staffer.

Just wow! And we value and worship these 'icons'. And... And she has the audacity to say "but you see in america...", quick to put down this country with her snide remarks... As if she was any better than the disgust she has for a country she apparently loves to live in and influence in her show, "The View".

So remember the next time you see the 'lovely Sharon Osbourne'...

YOU are worth less than her dogs
YOU are worth less than her precious paintings
YOU should burn yourself alive protecting her belongings
YOU are not worth the air your breath and it would be better off given to her dogs

DOGS! What a bitch!

edit on 30-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Disgusting!

But just a reminder, just because someone's on TV or of popular interest, does not mean they're worshiped, liked, or looked up to. If anything, TV shows us that audiences prefer to gawk at the trash and that's why it's there in the spotlight. That's how we got shows like Maury and Jerry Springer.

edit on 30-12-2019 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Most famous people are abusive garbage. Over the years I've read many books about the famous. They treat everyone around them terribly because they think their money or power allows it.

We need to stop giving them attention. It's their manna.

Guess who is incredibly abusive to everyone around her? Madonna.

DUMP. HER. A**.
edit on 12/30/2019 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Sharon Osbourne is actually on a different talk show than The View.. but they’re all the same.
This is a really disgusting story.. and definitely shows her in a bad light. I’ve never looked up to ANY of those talk show hosts or reality stars and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thankfully, I never cared about, or worship "stars".
And seriously, how sad is it, that most, not all people with lots of money, are total #s?

edit on 30-12-2019 by chiefsmom because: spelling yet again

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I feel sorry for you or anyone that idolizes any celebrity. They are no better than anyone else. The Osborne's are old school junkies, ozzy put out some of my favorite songs but I never idolized him or any celebrity that I can recall.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

I feel sorry for you or anyone that idolizes any celebrity. They are no better than anyone else. The Osborne's are old school junkies, ozzy put out some of my favorite songs but I never idolized him or any celebrity that I can recall.

I didn't say that I idolized anyone. I was making a point. Many in this country do. Look at how many people couldn't do without one day of Opra for so long. For all I know, she could be eating babies in her spare time. They give advise that people take as law. Look at how many people will watch Dr Phil and think he's the best thing since sliced bread. People use the words of these people and raise their children accordingly.

The point is... People look up to these a-holes and follow their word like they're the authority on everything.

edit on 30-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well, you came off talking like everyone was of the same mind. So i had to make my reply to that post .

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Most of these people are idiots, and you couldn't pay me enough to watch them.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There are a lot of people who idolize trash like the Kardashians, most of Hollywood, many athletes and musical "artists" and none of them deserve our time or money because of who they are and how they act. Part of the problem is it takes a type A personality to do what these people are doing, you have to have the drive and a strong personality to put yourself out there like that. Along with that usually comes a brusk attitude, partially out of self-preservation and partially because of all the attention they get. It's a double-edged sword.

I prefer to look up to people who do for others, who are good examples of how to live right. I don't idolize anyone and only got star-struck twice in my life - once as a kid, once as an adult. I have seen how some famous people (and some not-so-famous people) treat others and I don't want to be like that. That's not how we're supposed to treat each other. So to the point, I don't watch people like that. I don't want that negativity in my life.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

If I ever idolized (strong word) any of them, it was for specific skills they had. I wish I could run like ... or I wish I could act like ... That kind of thing. I don't recall ever wanting to actually be any of them.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
There are a lot of people who idolize trash like the Kardashians, most of Hollywood, many athletes and musical "artists" and none of them deserve our time or money because of who they are and how they act. Part of the problem is it takes a type A personality to do what these people are doing, you have to have the drive and a strong personality to put yourself out there like that. Along with that usually comes a brusk attitude, partially out of self-preservation and partially because of all the attention they get. It's a double-edged sword.

I prefer to look up to people who do for others, who are good examples of how to live right. I don't idolize anyone and only got star-struck twice in my life - once as a kid, once as an adult. I have seen how some famous people (and some not-so-famous people) treat others and I don't want to be like that. That's not how we're supposed to treat each other. So to the point, I don't watch people like that. I don't want that negativity in my life.

Wow.. very insightful post ! You’re full of wisdom today.

I have a bit of a personal pet peeve that when a “celebrity” dies .. whether a musician, actor or whatever that so many people scramble to start threads online glorifying their lives and thanking them profusely for what they did for society.

Makes me want to start a thread for all the really good “nobodys”.. who have helped their communities and served others selflessly without ever so much as a thank you or accolades online.

yeah.. those RIP threads for celebrities are not for me.. though I can appreciate the talent of these people and I honestly do hope they RIP like everyone else.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have a friend that played with Ozzy briefly and was also a member of a band that toured with Ozzy. He pretty much backed up everything I'd heard about her. Basically the C-word was to kind for her. Most of the bands that toured with Ozzy and many past band members can't stand the evil biatch. (Sharon is Ozzy's Mgr)

Sharon Osbourne Messed with Iron Maiden
Sharon easily took her bitchy self to new heights during the final Ozzfest show of 2005 at Glen Helen in California.

On that day, after Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson slagged the corporate crowd in the front rows and Ozzy's use of a teleprompter, Sharon admittedly ordered the Maiden P.A. system to be cut (three times) during their set, and then had members of Maiden pelted with eggs and ice.

Sharon finally admitted she was responsible, arguing "(Dickison) didn't realize who he is messing with", adding he got what he deserved and from there, one of rock's biggest feuds began.

And in keeping with being the ultimate shyster, she lied to former Ozzy Guitarist Jake E. Lee when he joined Ozzy to record 1983's Bark at the Moon.

According to Lee, he was promised credit for helping write on the album, but as soon as he'd finished the last track, Sharon offered him a contract that stated Ozzy wrote everything and would get all the publishing royalties.

And in keeping with being the ultimate shyster, she lied to former Ozzy Guitarist Jake E. Lee when he joined Ozzy to record 1983's Bark at the Moon.

According to Lee, he was promised credit for helping write on the album, but as soon as he'd finished the last track, Sharon offered him a contract that stated Ozzy wrote everything and would get all the publishing royalties

No doubt Ward wanted to play on the 13 record, then play the tour. But, according to him, he was never offered equal compensation back in 2012 when the ball got rolling to cap Sabbath's distinguished career.
At the time, the drummer was presented with a take-it-or-leave-it "unsignable contract", which he did not sign. Now who was the one behind the scenes managing Black Sabbath's affairs? You guessed it - Sharon Osbourne, even though she's not Black Sabbath's de facto manager, she still has a huge say in the goings on of the band.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
She really does sound like the ultimate biatch... that sort of stuff eventually catches up to you, I would hope.

That’s pure greed and manipulation on her part.. ugh.. I know I can seem difficult at times.. but dayum, I’d have to get a lot worse to even come close to that. 😂

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
These are the people we let determine our opinions. These are the people that your family watches often and says "you know... she's right. She makes such a great point".

Speaking only for myself, I form my own opinions. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. Everybody can make a solid point once in a while.

These are the leaders of our great day-time comedy, our opinions and our moral compass.

Also for myself, my moral compass is mine and mine alone. Very few people get to be leaders in general, and even fewer are actually qualified/good at it. Sadly, celebrities and their ilk often are "leaders" to the masses in general.

I still agree with your sentiments 100%. S+F

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
And therein lies the problem.

Looking up to anyone is shallow, naive and outright materialistic at best, this frame of mind is exactly why society is a swamp.

People only need to look within to get ahead.

So basic yet seemingly so foreign to humanity.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I find the celebrity death threads interesting because they were a part of the culture more than anything.

I don't know them. I do sympathize with the idea that they had family and friends who will miss them, but more than anything, it respects that a part of the culture is gone.

For example, when WIlliam Shatner dies, or George Takei, those will be losses, not because I am honestly mourning for either man. How could I? I didn't know either of them, but Star Trek was a part of my growing up life and inspired lots of flights of fancy and imaginative adventures for me. I still enjoy Trek here and there.

Star Trek would not be what it is without those two men and their contributions as Sulu and Captain Kirk. They were very much a part of making it what it is. And when they pass on, parts of my childhood die them.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess I just don’t see them as special for being paid handsomely to act in something I may have enjoyed. I don’t feel like a part of my childhood has died.. just another death of a human who I have absolutely no idea what was like in private. He did a job.. got paid well.. nothing heroic about that.

Would rather start a thread honouring Mrs. Davies from down the block as a child, who always had cookies and a kind word.. and nobody paid her to be such a memorable part of my childhood.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Everyone keeps harping on Sharon, but she is in the music business. She is on the business end, a business woman in the music industry (and not a very good one it seems).

People in the music business, outside of most musicians and those who do actual production, are slimy, belly crawling, low life scum that are completely unscrupulous and out to screw you out of every penny they can. Signing a record contract usually screws you from the get go and royalties are not going to be much or more likely nonexistent. Hell, you may end up owing the label money when they get through trashing your band, it's music and your image to the public.

So, I agree that a celebrity like Sharron is not someone to look up to, even if you want to be a low life in the music industry.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

But Mrs. Davies was a par to fyour childhood in a similar way. Without her, your childhood would have been different. Without those two actors playing their roles, Star Trek would have been different and my childhood would have been different.

Did I have my Mrs. Davies also? Heck yeah! Do I miss her? Certainly, and when she went, a part of my childhood died with her. It's the same thing. In the case of the block granny, there was more mourning, and I certainly wouldn't make a random thread on a random forum. That's far too personal for me to expose her like that. She was special. Kirk and Sulu are not, but they are a shared part of many other people's childhood in ways block granny (your Mrs. Davies) wasn't, and that's fine, perfectly OK and normal in fact.

We can really mourn those people like we don't for Kirk and Sulu. For them, we simply acknowledge how much we enjoyed their cultural contributions as fans.

<<   2 >>

join