It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time itself....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Okay is it or just me or has time been going by pretty fast?? i mean faster than usual. It's already march!!?!? I swear it feel like it's only been a week. but it's been two months. even my dad has noticed he's like time is going unusally faster than i have ever noticed in my life. Could this be the start of the "new way of being"?anyone agree? disagree?

[edit on 8-3-2005 by TheBadge]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The 9.2 EQ in Indonesia decreased the length of our days by 3 microseconds. You may be noticing that. I don't know about you, but I need all the microseconds I get get!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
::::sigh:::: you may want to read the two links below....and then un cap your title...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
oops sorry about that!!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Actually yes, i have noticed that... a minute ago it was january, now its already march?? My girlfriend and her mother also agree with you on that one... pretty strange.

Vorta

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree 100%...i was even thinking of this this afternoon. My school year has been going by insanley fast. It definetly just seems faster than normal...perhaps it's part of me getting older (15 now)...I don't know, but I don't mind it, it's kind of nice not to have every day/week/month/year drag itself out

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yeah,

Have you noticed, it really took only a second for us to evolve from single cell organism to multicellular organism?

My point is that as we get used to things, we tend to think time as moving fast. For example driving from work to home for 2 years. After two years it would seem that it takes lot less time than it seemed 2 years ago.

It is because the way we perceive the environment around us. We can subconsciously alter stimulus in such a way that we see new things more often than others, which is what we are doing in this case. As we travel each day to work, we become familiar with work and we notice that stimulus less and less and concentrate on other stimuluses. Since we concentrate less on that stimulus, we see it taking less time, which is the reason time seems to be flying, when in reality it take the same time for each second to pass.

Same thing with music. As we listen more and more to one song, it seems as if the song gets shorter.

Surf

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
::::sigh:::: you may want to read the two links below....and then un cap your title...

Lady V you must leave people alone and stop being so damn proper.. lol hehehe

always with the obvious advice.. uncap your title this, most your post that... theres already a post there, theres already an answer here...
maybe people just like asking and answering because they want to hear themselves speak .. perhaps after the individual gets some attention the caps will cease... your always so in your face with peoples wrong doings, stop obsessing with it... We all enjoy your input but could use less authority ..
I've noticed this for awhile and haven't said anything... just trying to help, not trying to be rude... I always click to see when you've answered someone, and always get disappointed when your just being MOMMY... and telling them how to operate on the board instead of giving us some insight as to what you think... have patience with people... just like children when they fall, if you mention it they'll cry louder and longer... if you leave it alone they continue normally..

as for the time thing.. it's because we've all been put into a mind-frame where we're waiting for something...
the horrible thing with this use of energy is that we're anticipating something bad...
it speeds our daily lives up because we don't notice the small things.. (the things that matter) because our body is in anticipation contantly.. because of the media..
and our biological clock notices the smallest variables, so as Geneticus said, ... we'll be noticing any effects the tsunami had on the planet as well...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Time does not exist. It is a way for us to measure change. So if the environment begins changing more noticeably, we would perceive an increase in the velocity of time...but it is an illusion. It is corruption, malleability, and the propagation of the unknown that dictate how we perceive the passage of time. The amount of change is the real temporal spedometer.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus
Time does not exist. It is a way for us to measure change. It is corruption, malleability, and the propagation of the unknown that dictate how we perceive the passage of time.

Time does exist.

The definition of time is that An interval separating two points on this continuum;

Two points in the continuum are mostly likely actions or changes in environment. So time is basically change. Since changes exists, time exists too.

So if the environment begins changing more noticeably, we would perceive an increase in the velocity of time...but it is an illusion.

No, that is not true. We could be watching a boring movie that has really fast moving pictures, but still think that it is taking forever for the movie to finish. Time is relative.

Surf

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know the older I get...the faster time seems to go
when one is busy, it seems as if time goes by faster, because, well, we're busy. In todays world of meeting ones self coming and going...it seems as if time is going by quicker....we're just too busy today!

Posted by dnero6911Lady V you must leave people alone and stop being so damn proper.. lol hehehe

No...
believe me, I don't mention nearly the things I see.

misspelled words, improper Command of the English language by Americans that speak the language, no punctuation, no spaces after the end of a sentence, no paragraphs....all I really harp on would be capitalization..so
no..

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Why must you be so stubborn ..
fine, continue to nit-pick ... but the older you get the more you'll notice by you mentioning it all the time the problem never gets solved...
instead of the war on drugs it'll be the war on capitals.. lol

hehehe, I don't mean to poke fun at your expense.. just trying to prove a point..

time is quite the symbol... time is the one symbol man worships wholly too much... which is why it will always be the one to murder him where others have failed.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No...
believe me, I don't mention nearly the things I see.

misspelled words, improper Command of the English language by Americans that speak the language, no punctuation, no spaces after the end of a sentence, no paragraphs....all I really harp on would be capitalization..so
no..

I know you are going to get mad at me.

But it seems ironic to me that someone who "harps" on capitalization, fails to capitalize the first word of the sentence: misspelled and referrs to Americans as that, instead of whom.

The list goes on...

Told you, you would get mad at me.

Surf :@@

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

I know you are going to get mad at me.

No...I'm not mad. Take more than that to make me agree (that's the proper word by the way, not "mad"
) That's fine...I do make mistakes....we all do, just some more than others. The all caps bother me because it is a regulation of the board...a rule that is to be followed and one that annoys me..

so again..
No

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ahhhhhh so your a security guard.... a cop with no authority .. .lol
all joking aside... become a mod or leave them alone.. it really isn't your business if they don't follow board rules... unless you're a MOD.... Apply already ... stop being a security guard cops get paid more.. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Ahhhhhh so your a security guard.... a cop with no authority .. .lol

No....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Same here. It seems to be pretty fast. But that's probably a good thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
yeah maybe it is cuz im getting older? im 21? but it seems like this year is just whoa. im kinda surprised im already 21 . it seems like a blink of an eye. maybe thats what it all is. the whole concept of time is mind boggling. thanks for the insights im glad im not the only one who noticed this.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Time is speeding up, and will continue to do so at a more noticeable rate in coming years.

Urn

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
im kinda surprised im already 21 . it seems like a blink of an eye.

easily fixed.....stop blinking
......time feels like it lasts fore ever when your eyes are burning

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join