It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, negotiation units in Putnam County spend hours dealing with 'individual in crisis'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
westchester.news12.com...

been going on for a few hours now ,i had first seen the post on FB about a veteran live streaming his stand off with police in NY either over him being redflagged or possibly over him posessing a 30 round mag

hes posted a bunch on istagram but i dont think i can link that but hasnt updated in over 5 hours and had said police were gonna turn off the net and cell service in the area

they dont think he is armed but not much confirmed as the media just started covering this which is odd as it started at 12pm ny time

Police swarmed a Mahopac neighborhood Saturday afternoon to deal with what they call an "individual in crisis." Carmel police tell News 12 that they do not believe that the individual has a firearm or that anyone else in the community is in danger. Neighbors say police started coming into the area around 12 p.m. and some streets in the community have been blocked off.
from his istagram he gave out his address and apparently requested "aid" with several people saying they were on the way to support him, from the twitter and discord threads covering it some are claiming with out so far any evidence that between 50 and 75 others have shown up but are out side the permeter (no photos or links to support this yet)but the same poster stated it was turning into another "bundy situation"

twitter.com... twitter thread on it from the guy that had been covering it and a link to their updates discord thread

still breaking with no clear updates but hopefully it ends peacefully

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Carmel police tell News 12 that they do not believe that the individual has a firearm or that anyone else in the community is in danger.

Weird how they parked an armored vehicle in his driveway then, isn’t it?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

from twitter feed they are making all the media on scene leave , and from 4 chan posts apparently people ordered like 50 pizzas or something and sent them to his address via delivery drivers to troll the cops......hopping this ends peacefully but if half the stuff ive seen get tweeted out this could be going bad

edit to add one of the reporters covering its twitter feed twitter.com...
edit on 23-11-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well this is confusing isn't it. What did the guy do to get "Red Flagged" by someone? If it's all about him just having a 30 rd mag, then there is something else going on.

Any new info other then media being told to leave?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

from what the guy barricaded says his buddy reported him for the mag and the ptsd and some how cps got invovled so then his wife left with the kid like a week or so ago lead per what hes saying and whats getting tweeted out from him

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

There’s a screen shot of him explaining what happened. A “friend” of his red flagged him. Told LE he has ptsd, drinking problems, etc., and has high-cap magazines. LE went to his house while he was at work and threatened his wife with CPS involvement if she didn’t let them in. They found mags, went and arrested him. He got out yesterday or this morning, now there’s a standoff.

That’s all from him, supposedly. Supposedly there’s been allegations of domestic violence made, also.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
unconfirmed reports of arrests being made at the cemetary of armed people who showed up to help...... and still no real media coverage i can find which seems really really odd twitter.com... apparently confirmed now
edit on 23-11-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Still a bit of a head scratcher. That makes more sense though, but the radio scanner said that the situation has put a massive hamper (my words not theirs exactly) on 911 operations. I would say that might be a little too much, but I'm not there so what do I know?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

yeah it seems 4chan gave out their phone number or something so every one is calling them and i guess 911

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

and still no real media coverage i can find which seems really really odd

For the best, perhaps.
For all concerned.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It’s all over anti-red flag law twitter and Instagram. People are calling just to tie up the 911 lines.

Supposedly his wife and kid left the residence after LE came and collected his firearms, which is how LE knows he’s both a) alone and b) unarmed aside from knives.

At the same time, his wife and kid leaving doesn’t look good as to the DV allegations. Who knows at this point though.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
westchester.news12.com... 09PRvsm_AEZk8Cs5gsPrC4T5I0KYmXS5iiI_zhkJe3r6Oa5MCoY apparently its over

A Putnam County standoff ended peacefully Saturday at around 9:30 p.m., Carmel police say. They say a man had barricaded himself inside a home for nearly seven hours before he finally surrendered. Police say it started after 2 p.m. when they went to speak with a 28-year-old man about a domestic incident involving his wife earlier in the day. They say he then barricaded himself in the home. Police say they don't believe he had a gun and no one else in the community was in danger.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Around here it's just a couple of cops at best in that kind of situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The standoff is over, ended peacefully around 9:30p.m. and they expect he will not receive any charges due to the standoff. Apparently he has some mental issues.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

There’s a screen shot of him explaining what happened. A “friend” of his red flagged him. Told LE he has ptsd, drinking problems, etc., and has high-cap magazines. LE went to his house while he was at work and threatened his wife with CPS involvement if she didn’t let them in. They found mags, went and arrested him. He got out yesterday or this morning, now there’s a standoff.

That’s all from him, supposedly. Supposedly there’s been allegations of domestic violence made, also.

This. The whole ordeal is a damned setup.

#whiskeywarrior556 on twitter for more information.

Lots of people on top of this one.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The whole ordeal is a damned setup.

To do what, exactly?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

According to what's been put out, the cops showed up while he was at work, and demanded to search the house, looking for the magazines. They threatened to bring CPS in if his wife didn't let them into the house, so she did, and then left with their kid.
edit on 11/23/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That seems heavy handed.
But we don't know much about history. Or do we?

edit on 11/23/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

yeah ,no major updates for a while , some on twitter think hes not in custody but if they werent charging him and thought it was a mental health thing id say hed end up in a hospital vs jail and that will be at least 72 hours if not a week ,scanner has had a few interesting things mentioned but nothing major and seems to have died down a bit again

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw quite a few people saying that the scanner was still going off related to this well after he had supposedly surrendered. A lot of people aren't convinced that it's actually over, and it's only being reported to be to deter people from showing up to support him.

<<   2  3 >>

join