It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found this awesome structure in Australian bush - is it Yowie or natural fluke?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi all!

As usual, seeking other people's opinions on something I found last weekend. In the middle of the Aussie bush and there was a tree resting 'stonehnge style' on another tree. It was very cool to see in person. But was it a natural fluke or is there a chance it is some kind of Yowie super structure?

Im leaning towards natural fluke, but am not entirely sure. Let me know your thoughts or theories.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: srsen

Why didn't you get closer?

Pretty cool tho, I've seen some strange stuff hiking here in Canada, tress fall ontop of each other and make the most bizarre formations. I've seen a tree growing around a dead tree, wonder what it will look like when the dead one is rotted out.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Why no direct sight? Seems like all the captures of it are behind bushes or vines. Get up close to it and show it from below so we can see if the tree just fell over or if it was done by man hands.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
With full respect, this is completely natural and very common in dense bush. Then denser the more chance of it happening.
Big tall trees roots die, tree falls, tree gets stuck in others on the way down.
In the vid we cant see both ends so it is possible there is also a rise where the base/roots are as and they may even still be on or close to ground. Alternatively they may have decay and seperated from the part being held up.
edit on 15-11-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Indeed.

I live in the woods and it is an ever changing landscape. I hear crashing noises all the time, to find a branch or a tree that has fallen, often in some of the most peculiar of positions.

I really don't see anything that I would call unusual in the video.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Looks like a tree that's 'barberchaired' naturally IE failed on one side possibly due to rotting allowing the tree to hinge over with the healthy fibres still intact. Unwary tree fellers have been killed by this phenomenon when it happens accidentally or due to bad technique.

Not to downplay the yowie stories though as I've been trekking and camping in areas known for reports of strange things. Certainly increases your awareness of every sound you hear in the bush at night.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

I always laugh when people comment about how peaceful and quiet it must be for me, when they first find out that I live in the woods.

I laugh and tell them that they need to come and spend the night on the sleeper on my porch. It is screened in, and very comfortable. When the weather is cool it is a perfect place to sleep. Quiet will not be one of the words they use in describing the experience. Especially if it rains.

Between this:
www.youtube.com...

And the two of these that come to visit, they will drive them insane.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Absolutely
The bush is far from being a quiet place at night with hordes of nocturnal critters on the loose looking for food. Here in Oz, a kangaroo hopping around quickly makes thuds that'll wake you up if sleeping on the ground - startling if you've never heard/felt them before.

I've slept near sandstone cliffs (not too close) in near freezing conditions too. What happens is moisture within the stone freezes and expands cracking off slabs of stone of various sizes and they'll get your attention when they hit the ground. Never set up camp at the foot of rock formations on cold freezing nights is the rule.
edit on 15/11/2019 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have a few broken trees balancing on other trees on my property right now. There is one sitting along side the road going towards town too, it is still on the stump a bit and if the snowplow pushes the snow hard into it, the old stump will break off and the tree might just hang there or it might kick back into the road.

Those hanging trees up high are not that rare around here, I have had logs up in the trees here twenty feet long, six inches around, and fifty feet up in the air. You must be observant when walking in the woods, it is common to have dead wood balancing in trees that wind can knock down. In the big oak tree in my driveway, you could not park under it a few years back, there was a branch weighing maybe a hundred pounds balancing on two little branches. It fueled my woodstove for a day when it did fall, it was still great firewood.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It took seven minutes of video to spin up to actually showing the thing? Oh brotherrrrrr.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: srsen
Hi all!

As usual, seeking other people's opinions on something I found last weekend. In the middle of the Aussie bush and there was a tree resting 'stonehnge style' on another tree. It was very cool to see in person. But was it a natural fluke or is there a chance it is some kind of Yowie super structure?

Im leaning towards natural fluke, but am not entirely sure. Let me know your thoughts or theories.

@2:44 + is that clickbait to his left side waving a fern branch at us all?

BTW....lots of Bigfoot sign in that area and perfect terrain and vegetation.
edit on 16-11-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Why didn't you get closer?

Pretty cool tho, I've seen some strange stuff hiking here in Canada, tress fall ontop of each other and make the most bizarre formations. I've seen a tree growing around a dead tree, wonder what it will look like when the dead one is rotted out.

brutal honesty... the area just screams brown snakes and death adders. I was nervous about getting tracking through there. Though i have thought of a way i can trek through there relatively risk free and will atempt it when i return.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Why no direct sight? Seems like all the captures of it are behind bushes or vines. Get up close to it and show it from below so we can see if the tree just fell over or if it was done by man hands.

I will be returning and attempting to do just that next time i go there. which will be in 2 weeks

originally posted by: byteshertz
With full respect, this is completely natural and very common in dense bush. Then denser the more chance of it happening.
Big tall trees roots die, tree falls, tree gets stuck in others on the way down.
In the vid we cant see both ends so it is possible there is also a rise where the base/roots are as and they may even still be on or close to ground. Alternatively they may have decay and seperated from the part being held up.

Man, zero disrespect given or taken! THis is exactly what i wanted - opininos of others. ANd i tend to lean towards natural too, though i would love to find out it wasnt hah! In the next trip there i wanna try and reach the other end and see whats happening there.

originally posted by: Pilgrum

Looks like a tree that's 'barberchaired' naturally IE failed on one side possibly due to rotting allowing the tree to hinge over with the healthy fibres still intact. Unwary tree fellers have been killed by this phenomenon when it happens accidentally or due to bad technique.

Not to downplay the yowie stories though as I've been trekking and camping in areas known for reports of strange things. Certainly increases your awareness of every sound you hear in the bush at night.

Great input! I can always rely on ATS to get that knowledge i just dont have. Im going to have a closer look next time but this seems highly plausible. It would still be a wicked balancing act though! But yeh, not everything can be a Yowie

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have a few broken trees balancing on other trees on my property right now. There is one sitting along side the road going towards town too, it is still on the stump a bit and if the snowplow pushes the snow hard into it, the old stump will break off and the tree might just hang there or it might kick back into the road.

Those hanging trees up high are not that rare around here, I have had logs up in the trees here twenty feet long, six inches around, and fifty feet up in the air. You must be observant when walking in the woods, it is common to have dead wood balancing in trees that wind can knock down. In the big oak tree in my driveway, you could not park under it a few years back, there was a branch weighing maybe a hundred pounds balancing on two little branches. It fueled my woodstove for a day when it did fall, it was still great firewood.

yeh fair enough man - in all my years i have never seen such a thing - not even a small scale version! This is a large scale occurance, but i would believe it to happen every now and then. I put this out there to get all those differing views, and led with the Yowie angle to welcome that perspective too. So far, consensus is natural

originally posted by: one4all

@2:44 + is that clickbait to his left side waving a fern branch at us all?

BTW....lots of Bigfoot sign in that area and perfect terrain and vegetation.

nah mate, just wind.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Looks like a mate waving a branch of vegetation....no other vegetation is "swaying in the non-existant wind".....what do you really think it is now that we can agree that no other vegetation is "swinging in the wind".....lol.....great fun......you aren't commenting on most of the Bigfoot signs you are cruising past....and I don't think the moving vegetation is one of them...lol....some of us have a fine eye son.Thanks for the kicks and giggles.
edit on 16-11-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

vid was 10 minutes of spurious garbage - and in the end you " somehow " failed to advance the last 100m to properly investigate

you promise to go back - but whats the point - you were there - and failed

all hype - no usefull action

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Probably natural.

I love going to the woods during the early spring...right around the first thaws when trees are crashing down freely. It's a pretty cool experience and the deadfalls can be pretty interesting at times.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I just got back from taking a walk through the woods with my Husky, Goliath. He likes to walk with me, the others like for me to walk with them.

I was smiling at all the examples of the barber chair tree falls I have out there. I never heard the term barber chair as a term associated with trees before the post from Pilgrum, now I know what it is, it seems like I am seeing them everywhere.

Today is a cool day for Florida, ranging from low 50s to low 70s, and the wind is a bit gusty. Perfect day for a walk and perfect conditions for tree falls.

I have mostly oak, pine, and acacia. Anyone that knows anything about acacia, knows that it is invasive, you can't kill it, and it is very brittle, so with a little weight and a gust of wind, and you will have a split or topped out tree. The perfect tree for creating the barber chair effect.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I don't know.... he did say he wanted to come back and camp to see what happens. And if I recall he said that no one knew where he was at so if something happened with an injury, he'd be in a nasty situation. And that terrain with a large looming tree was probably worse than what we can speculate by video.

Besides if he were able to get into a suitable looking spot for 'something' to happen to him, then I'm willing to sit here at my desk just as you are doing & since neither one of us can go where he's at then let's rally for the adventurer.

To me watching his video's have been two-fold because he's into Bushcraft and Camping and was long before any strangeness started up. So he's exploring these new avenues and taking us with him to observe.

Give the guy a break!
Johnny

edit on 11/16/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Looks like a mate waving a branch of vegetation....no other vegetation is "swaying in the non-existant wind".....what do you really think it is now that we can agree that no other vegetation is "swinging in the wind".....lol.....great fun......you aren't commenting on most of the Bigfoot signs you are cruising past....and I don't think the moving vegetation is one of them...lol....some of us have a fine eye son.Thanks for the kicks and giggles.

whoa whoa wait a sec. are you actually suggesting i had a mate tag along, hide in the bushes and wave a plant at the camera? Thats literally laughable. I have no time for BS mate. If you wish to believe that, have at it. But for the record, one more time... its wind.

the other signs... i didnt comment as it is an old logging area and theres no discernable way of knowing if yowie or past logging activity. the tree 'bite' was the closest to activity in my opinion and im not even sure bout that.

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

vid was 10 minutes of spurious garbage - and in the end you " somehow " failed to advance the last 100m to properly investigate

the reason for not going further... i live in australia, home of funnel webs, black snakes, death adders and brown snakes. the terrain under that tree was prime habitat for all the above. and all the above will kill me. given that no one knew where i was i wasnt ready to take that risk. ill be heading back next time when my missus knows my whereabouts. Its just common sense imo

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

I don't know.... he did say he wanted to come back and camp to see what happens. And if I recall he said that no one knew where he was at so if something happened with an injury, he'd be in a nasty situation. And that terrain with a large looming tree was probably worse than what we can speculate by video.

Besides if he were able to get into a suitable looking spot for 'something' to happen to him, then I'm willing to sit here at my desk just as you are doing & since neither one of us can go where he's at then let's rally for the adventurer.

To me watching his video's have been two-fold because he's into Bushcraft and Camping and was long before any strangeness started up. So he's exploring these new avenues and taking us with him to observe.

Give the guy a break!
Johnny

thanks for the level headed approach mate
and yeh im still new to all this and learning as i go. I do my best man and hope thats enough! hope youre well

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join