It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Needs Fewer People to Beat the Climate Crisis, Scientists Say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's obvious that climate change fanaticism is the biggest threat facing humans today. It seeks to control every aspect of human behavior in the name of saving the planet. It wants to tell you what to eat, what kind of car to drive, how many kids you can have and yes, even kill you in a humane way of course.

Now, four decades later, a larger group of scientists is sounding another, much more urgent alarm. More than 11,000 experts from around the world are calling for a critical addition to the main strategy of dumping fossil fuels for renewable energy: there needs to be far fewer humans on the planet.

“We declare, with more than 11,000 scientist signatories from around the world, clearly and unequivocally that planet Earth is facing a climate emergency,” the scientists wrote in a stark warning published Tuesday in the journal BioScience.

The scientists make specific calls for policymakers to quickly implement systemic change to energy, food, and economic policies. But they go one step further, into the politically fraught territory of population control. It “must be stabilized—and, ideally, gradually reduced—within a framework that ensures social integrity,” they write.

ca.finance.yahoo.com...

Years ago, I use to joke and say if there's an Antichrist he or she will be a climate change fanatic because what can't you control in the name of saving the planet?

So if I give all of my money to AOC and Bernie Sanders their going to control the climate and stop the end of the world? Give me a break!

It's also sad to see our kids lining up to be controlled by corrupt Politicians who are claiming to be able to control the climate if you just let them control every aspect of human life.

The people who talk about population control will be the last ones to volunteer to die to save the planet. These people will deem themselves too important to die so while they get life extending treatments, sadly the useful idiots that buy into this nonsense will be told there heroes for dying to save the planet.

The way you will solve this problem isn't through alarm and fanaticism but through science and technology. Today we have Politicians Hollywood Celebrities that tell us the world is about to end because of climate change but they're still living high off of the fruits of Capitalism. They fly around in private jets, party on Yachts, have 3 or 4 big homes and have a carbon footprint the size of King Kong.

Common sense should tell you, if these people really thought the world was about to end we would see drastic change in their behavior. We don't see Al Gore living in a tiny home and riding around in a rickshaw.

It's just dangerous to say the only way we can do anything about climate change is to give the Government total control over human behavior. It's going to happen though and the world is going to become a very dark place when everything you do has to be controlled by the Government in the name of saving the planet while those in power live the good life.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

We don't see Al Gore living in a tiny home and riding around in a rickshaw.

But we would like to.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
But noticed who they are aiming this Needs Fewer children to beat Climate Crisis? Mostly Europeans. Europeans in general when it comes to world population are a minority.

Its almost as like they were to suggest that Americans and Europeans are a problem to the Climate Crisis.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The religion of Man Made Global Warming is so radical in it's teaching to the flock that I would not be surprised if the high priests could actually get support for genocide to save the earth. The flock really is that brain washed.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well not the first time I have heard of this ...not the last I am sure

Georgia Guidestones

Limiting the population of the earth to 500 million will require the extermination of nine-tenths of the world’s people.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The ozone layer was repaired because chlorofluorocarbons were banned by public policy.

Burning so much gasoline everyday has consequences. There no reason to get all emotional about it.

We should be doing what China is doing at that is spend billions of dollars on exotic alternative energy technologies capable of replacing the use of all fossil fuels.

China spends billions on technology to replace using fossil fuels

China is going to save the World from death by carbon pollution. And in doing so they will become the preeminent super-power in the World because the people and the government will have the least amount of debt.

Think of this like the space race but it's a race to prosperity and cleaner air.

edit on 5-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No #

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The religion of Man Made Global Warming is so radical in it's teaching to the flock that I would not be surprised if the high priests could actually get support for genocide to save the earth. The flock really is that brain washed.

Agreed!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It seems there is a strong consensus with NASA scientists about global warming. You are the would with silly religious superstitions not based in scientific facts.

NASA Consensus on global warming

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
It's just dangerous to say the only way we can do anything about climate change is to give the Government total control over human behavior. It's going to happen though and the world is going to become a very dark place when everything you do has
to be controlled by the Government in the name of saving the planet while those in power live the good life.

People living the "good life" has nothing to do with public policies addressing global warming.

The Germans would not have spent billions of dollars on the Wendelstein 7-X stellarator if they did not think global warming was a real threat.

Regardless, I think anything that ends the monopoly and cartel Big Oil has on the World is probably a good thing regardless of global warming and pollution. Competition is a good thing!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It seems there is a strong consensus with NASA scientists about global warming. You are the would with silly religious superstitions not based in scientific facts.

NASA Consensus on global warming

Ah, one of the main commandments of your religion comes to the fore.
Thou must replace man made global warming with just global warming and recite 'scientific consensus' 50 times with head bowed.
Top job, your religion just might ordain you.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Excellent, I'm sure the liberal activists are willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of humanity. If it only saves one person LOL. Libs need to step up and check out.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maybe start here or China before you ask me to help save the earth.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

China is going to save the World from death by carbon pollution.

HAHAHAHAHA, that is rich

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There *is* a human population problem, and it boggles my mind that we're just ignoring it...

If we're going to focus on stopping breeding in first world countries (where the population is dropping if not for migrants...?) then why wouldn't we start by getting rid of the welfare farms, where people are paid to sit around and pop out kids their whole life?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does this mean that the people who believe in a "climate crisis" are volunteering to be put down for the betterment of the planet then? This whole solution just sounds, you know, final...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

the biggest threat (besides the climate change) facing humans in these days are extremists and nationalists.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Welcome to life on Earth. When humanity has conquered the world and no longer has any true monsters to slay what will they do with their time?

Why, invent new monsters of course. Is climate changing?

Climate has always flucuated, fact of life.

Do people need to point a finger?

Sure seems that way; seems to fulfill some poorly understood need.

Will there be somebody to take advantage of things that are poorly understood?

Always.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Every time someone brings it up we are "too much people on this planet", it is 100% of the time a first world dweller.

And every time I strongly disagree and hint towards all the waste, personal lifestyle and hidden tech we numb down the same as the free mind.

Most of the time, people start to overthink their viewpoint and at least agree a bit.

Very seldom, they will remember it and it starts all over again. I have had discussions with people that went down almost exact like the first time and they were oblivious to the first discussion. Very funny and sad at the same time.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I believe these scientist when one of them shows they really are serious by volunteering to kill themselves to help with the over crowding...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join