It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes folks, now even pumpkins offend people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
www.tmj4.com... nUij8g199_BTcy5UEcAPZ67ZGTJ0

Bed Bath & Beyond pulls black jack-o'-lanterns following blackface complaints
Wilbur Aldridge, a regional director with the NAACP, says it shows "an extreme lack of sensitivity."

Yep, that's right, pumpkins. I guess some people thought they were racist pumpkins. ..... ... .. Pumpkins......
I guess black paint on seasonal objects are considered racist now. We are losing our freaking collective minds.

The article says that they named the pumpkins after workers and thought they were just seasonal decor. Silly worker, how dare they.

I looked and looked at the pumpkins to see if there was anything, and I mean
anything I found insensitive about them.... nope.. it's a pumpkin...

Remember my article about menstrual pads, and some people said so what who cares it's not a big deal, and I said just wait.
Here we go another day and another group outraged about pumpkins. If you read the article it says several people complained.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.tmj4.com... nUij8g199_BTcy5UEcAPZ67ZGTJ0

If you read the article it says several people complained.

I looks like several people had more time than sense....

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Get ready for this Christmas season, where your racist for selling a black Santa so you pull it from the shelves, just to have another liberal come in and say it’s racist your not selling it.

Sooner or later we as a society are going to have to collectively tell these people to shut up.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Humans are proof there is a god. How else have we survived as a species?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's a game. What can you claim as offensive today, up the score. What might you discern from my choice of color print ? You know what..... I don't care, no appologies.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Get ready for this Christmas season, where your racist for selling a black Santa so you pull it from the shelves, just to have another liberal come in and say it’s racist your not selling it.

Sooner or later we as a society are going to have to collectively tell these people to shut up.

You see this a lot in media, the left scream for more representation for minoritues, women and lgbt, then the second there is a gay villain or a corrupt female politican, or a minority who jay walks the call it racist. They only want minorities and women in leading parts and then only as heroes. Having a black lesbian detective is good but a black lesbian serial killer is not.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The worlds gone insane. Completely insane.

This is as over the top stupid as it gets.

Ugh.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I, for one, am a big fan of pumpkins, particularly the Smashing Pumpkins.

I also like the pie, with whipped cream.

If that makes me racist, I can live with that.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh come on, you have to admit it's pretty bad. This is like talking monkey

The black pumpkins remind me of this AT&T slip:

AT&T Racist Cartoon

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
I, for one, am a big fan of pumpkins, particularly the Smashing Pumpkins.

I also like the pie, with whipped cream.

If that makes me racist, I can live with that.

There's probably research out there that will show the black pumpkins get smashed more often than the non-black ones. And the police do not respond as quickly when someone reports black pumpkins are being smashed.

However, I do hear the black pumpkins have bigger seeds!

edit on 24-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Being offended is....well...a given right and shouldn't be a problem. The people allowing laws to be changed because some people are offended should be questioned.

In an industry where image is everything I understand no company is going to risk their good name.

We have this celebration called Sinterklaas...

Yeah, a white christian dude with black servants. I understand how this could offend some but my country still hasn't succeeded in banning this tradition because the people won't allow it to change.

Is it politically correct...no. Is it a century old tradition...yes. Which is more important and how much do you care?

Peace
edit on 24-10-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sadly, the inane, non sequitur dialogue we have just shared makes infinitely more sense that the very "real" premise of the thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

The make-up on the black guy playing Santa is amazing!

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Sadly, the inane, non sequitur dialogue we have just shared makes infinitely more sense that the very "real" premise of the thread.

Non sequitur is my special power! I didn't know the topic of someone painting a Halloween pumpkin black was so serious. Sorry, I will try to remain on topic for any additional posts.

(post by rickymouse removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by underpass61 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Non sequitur is my special power! I didn't know the topic of someone painting a Halloween pumpkin black was so serious. Sorry, I will try to remain on topic for any additional posts.

I thought lunacy was the topic.

And yeah, my first thought, before looking more closely, was "why does santa have black elves"? Surely that's gonna trigger someone.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Welp, when you identify primarily with something idiotic like a color as a small child would that hasn't yet developed the necessary critical thinking skills to make sense of the world you tend to get offended and scared by very silly things.
edit on 24-10-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

We should lynch bed bath and beyond for ... oh, wait..

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is hard for some people to lose their freaiking minds when they never had one. Either that or they borrowed it out to someone and dont know they did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join