It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Al Green: "I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Give us your deranged idea of a globalist, should be funny.

Maybe, but not nearly as funny as yours...

Mueller found him guilty of a bunch of crimes

Really? I guess I missed the impeachment vote and subsequent trial in the Senate.

Links please?

also also, whys he still hiding his taxes?

Same reason you are... they aren't anyone's business but his own.

Go on, explain your excuses for not being able to accept facts.

Talking to yourself in the mirror again? You really need to be careful, if the wrong people see you, you'll end up in one of those fancy white coats with the wrap-around arms.
edit on 14-10-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Yet the Impeachment inquiries are not based on anything in the Mueller "Report" 😃

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Congressman Green has a law degree too (unbelievable).

So it looks like he's chasing an empty ambulance this time 😃

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Representative Green made a really dumb comment. In public. What a maroon.

Most politicians today make really dumb comments in public.

If President Trump is impeached, then that is a Constitutional act that is politically motivated.

If President Trump is acquitted in the Senate, if McConnell and Graham are correct, that is a Constitution act that is politically motivated.

All the rest about Trump fighting the Deep State/Globalism, etc. is just ... supposition and repetition of standard patter. There are as many arguments that Trump is a part of the globalist system as that he is against it.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
Rep. Al Green: "I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected"

"As I look the people of America in the eye, I’m telling you, we have a constitutional crisis," Green said. "We must impeach this president. If you don’t, it’s not the soul of the nation that will be at risk only, it is the soul of the Congress that’s at risk."

This hatred of Trump because his not a globaist is unreal. Trump committed no crimes and yet leftists want him just because his Trump.

To be honest I have became aware that we live in a time in which we are not completely free anymore and can not say what ever you want. For as far I understand it and can see it is people like Trump who can give us these freedoms back. I really hope that the US citizens take a good look at this epstein case and educate themselves about how religious, handsome, generous and goodhearted powerfull devils are.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
NM
edit on 14-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Deleted my own off topic post.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ChefFox

Green is openly admitting that the impeachment movement is political and meant to influence an election.

Might as well just admit that its a coup attempt.

You do know that no matter how the impeachment is done it is always political?

Its 100% a political process and was designed that way in the constitution as apposed to a judicial or law enforcement action.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I disagree.

It should be a judicial process based on whether or not a president broke the law.

If it's just a "political" process, then maybe we should investigate Warren or Biden now (in case they become president) to hurry up the process and get started early.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Impeachment in the US has never been a judicial process and was not intended to be by the Founders.

Of all the Founders who debated impeachment, three Virginians—Mason, Madison and delegate Edmund Randolph—did the most to set down a vision of when Congress should remove a president from office. Though the men had very different positions on the Constitution, their debates in Philadelphia and at Virginia’s ratifying convention in Richmond produced crucial definitions of an impeachable offense. And their ultimate agreement—that a president should be impeached for abuses of power that subvert the Constitution, the integrity of government, or the rule of law—remains essential to the debates we’re having today, 230 years later.

Smithsonian Magazine

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

*shrugs*

Fair enough.

Let's start investigating Warren. Maybe we can impeach her before she gets sworn in (if she wins), just because I "think" she's bad for America and hurts "muh feels".

That's all we need. She doesn't even have to break the law or commit a crime! We just have to dislike her!

(Red Woman Bad)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

His name is on hotels around the world, as president he does business with every country in the world, even China.
He is a globalist, factually.

Are you all right? I suspect not.

Give us your deranged idea of a globalist, should be funny.

Hair Peace.
Bed Peace.
(Imagine there’s no country. I wonder if you can).
Goo goo ga joob.

# 1053

edit on 14-10-2019 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2019 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Senators can't be impeached.

If you can convince a simple majority of the House, go for it, if she becomes President; because that's the way the Constitution is and has been written. We don't get to pick the parts we like.

If you mimic those that you disrespect, when do you become what you hate?

Did you support the impeachment of BIll Clinton?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Senators can't be impeached.

I know. But why wait? Early bird. . . .

If you can convince a simple majority of the House, go for it, if she becomes President; because that's the way the Constitution is and has been written. We don't get to pick the parts we like.

If you mimic those that you disrespect, when do you become what you hate?

When you're in a fight, and you're the only one fighting fair. . . . you're going to lose.

Did you support the impeachment of BIll Clinton?

Actually I did. But for different reasons. Was active duty and he was a terrible CnC.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Why wait? Because as opposed to what the Democrats have done that is driving so many folks buggy, impeaching a Senator is not a Constitutional measure.

There is very rarely a truly fair fight.

Fair enough. He was impeached for lying about oral sex. That was not a legitimate reason, but it didn't stop the Republican House. And I have heard no one here alledge that it was wrong to impeach Clinton for such a trivial matter. In sum, while I think that this Ukrainian matter was the most stupid thing the Democratic leadership could have sought impeachment for, I find all the gnashing of teeth over Trump a bit hollow in that particular light.

ETA: I misspoke above. Clinton was not impeached merely for lying about sex, but also for lying to a grand jury, which is, in my opinion whatever the topic, legitimate grounds for impeachment.

edit on 14-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I remember those days. I was staunchly against the impeachment of Clinton. In fact I don't think I remember meeting a single person at the time that didn't think the whole things was stupid or wrong.

I'm not sure who you're arguing with, but I doubt you'll find many who didn't think the Clinton impeachment wasn't wrong and stupid. I remember thinking it was making us a laughingstock as a nation, still do.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Did chucklefutz actually imply that "congress" losing it's "soul" (lol) was even worse than America (and by extension all Americans) losing theirs?

Congress hasn't had two souls to bang together in almost a hundred years. Worse, they are -- by their very nature -- completely unable to legislate or regulate a modern information based system or economy.

Replace them all with excel spreadsheets and let god sort them out.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I was addressing DC. I asked if he supported Clinton's impeachment. He was in the Armed Forces and thought Clinton was an incompetent Commander in Chief, which in retrospect, I can't disagree with.

It is painful for me not to point out that if that was the reason to impeach Clinton, then we've had more than enough evidence on Mr. Trump for the same thing.

Actually, when I found out Clinton had lied to the grand jury, I supported his impeachment. And frankly, there was no way that the Senate shouldn't have found him guilty of the two Articles that made it out of the House ... except ... impeachment is a political process and always has been.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The entire Clinton administration lied through their teeth about Kosovo.

He should have been in jail for life just for that, but I digress.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The entire Clinton administration lied through their teeth about Kosovo.

He should have been in jail for life just for that, but I digress.

So a President and/or his Administration should be removed for lying?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Republicans could have impeached Obama, but they determined that he would damage his own legacy while in office. It worked, just as planned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join