It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone video is kryptonite to racist people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
From the article:

Massey captured a part of the interaction with the guard on cellphone video that was posted on social media and widely shared online.

I am not going to go full bore angry and start screaming, "RACISM" based off the video alone.

SOMETHING transpired to alert the security guard to Massey. Some sort of conversation took place, and the security guard contacted the manager, who then contacted the police.

THEN the video starts.

Hmmm... imagine that.

Something stinks.

Massey, a resident of super liberal Washington (where everything is racist) had been 'racially victimized' in super liberal Portland (where everything is racist).

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
funny how it took him minutes to show his hotel card.

Seem like he was upset yes? he had a "family emegency" yes.

He seemed defensive in his portion of the video yes?

Question, do you think he may have been talking excitedly on his phone abuot the family crisis that he admits too?

is that even possible, so like someone from I don't know 8 or 10 feet away could hear him??

NO he said he was in crissis mode with a family emergency, no one forced him to say this.

SO, Maybe another guest nearby was disturbed by this loud excited person talking about his family emergency and talked to the house detective, we don't know do we?

But

That is possible, and from the sound of the audio, if he was "BUSY" on his pphone with a family emergency (he said) he may ignore them at first yes?

thats rude

and goes back to manners (they are a two way street too)

so he ignores or doesn't hear the first request, or the second.

He said I said "i was staying here"

But didn't pull the card out for his room till atleast 90 seconds or more of recording, so how long was it before he started recording

Now remember that he 3was on the phone with a family emrgency and could care less about th first older gentman talking to him earl I believe.

so yeah manners for the win, again.

Now what did you see?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Facts are
He was a paid customer
He was arrested for "loitering" and that
"he a risk to the safety and security of hotel guests,"

How can one loiter, when they are a paid guest?
How can one be a risk when they aren't even sitting by people?

Both employees were fired.. They will probably settle with him.

When the hotel says his treatment was unacceptable, it was unacceptable!
From the hotel:

"We sincerely apologize to Mr. Massey for his treatment this past weekend, and deeply regret the experience he endured. It was unacceptable and contrary to our values, beliefs and how we seek to treat all people who visit our hotel," hotel officials said in a statement in December. "We are seeking the counsel of community leaders, and will engage a third-party to conduct a full investigation into the incident – reviewing our internal processes, protocols and trainings to ensure we are creating and maintaining a safe space for everyone."

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 10-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Having watched the video it looks like this particular hotel has a conference area. Usually, when there are no events going on these areas are closed off to hotel guests. How do I know this? I travel frequently for business and suffer from insomnia when on the road, so every so often I'll wander a bit just to see if I can get into a mindset for sleep. I have been approached by hotel staff while walking in conference areas, and depending on the hour, addressed in a variety of fashions. All you have to do is be polite, show your key card if asked, tell your room number if asked, and if they ask you to go back to your room or an open area proceed to do so. It's really quite simple when you think about it...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

you didn't answer anything I said. it's ok

I'm used to it.

Can I ask a question of you.

Did the Gentleman Earl get to pick the color of his skin??

Could the Gentleman that was on the Phone then started recording pick the Color of his skin?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Correct, you said yourself, all it takes is manners

"to be polite"

Manners wins once again!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Hey White ATS Members

When was the last time a cop randomly stopped you while walking in your neighbourhood? Have you ever been randomly stopped by a cop for no reason?

Happened quite often when I was a kid. Cops back home loved to hassle teenagers, didn't matter the race. Cops would stop and give us the third degree about what we were doing, where we were going, etc.

When was the last time you were followed by loss prevention/store security while shopping?

Again, quite often when I was a kid. There was quite a bit of shoplifting, so many stores had pretty aggressive security to the point where some convenience stores only allowed 2 teenagers inside at a time during school lunch hours. Hell, I remember one time at the dollar store this security guy just kept dogging me no matter where I went, even after I joined back up with my mom. There was no reason for it other than I was a kid.

Seriously, in your entire lifetimes, how many times have you had an encounter with some kind of law enforcement/security for no reason whatsoever than just being somewhere?

Got picked up by the state police in New Mexico after the car we were driving got a flat and the spare was also flat. We walked for several miles down a very dark highway in the direction we knew there was a phone before they saw us and stopped. The whole drive, one of the officers kept side-eyeing me in the rear view mirror, and eventually started asking questions insinuating that I must be intoxicated because my eyes were so red.

I mean, I get it. BUT. It was the middle of winter. The wind was blowing hard and cold in our faces as we walked. It was nearly 2 am and I wore contacts back then and I'd had them on all day. That was back when contacts had to be taken out daily and my eyes were desperately dry. I was a skinny, white, blond girl. Not exactly the type that gets racially profiled, but he was digging for anything to trip me up for whatever reason. He didn't say a word to my boyfriend either. Just me.

There was no reason to interrogate me. We broke no laws. We weren't hitchhiking. They even mentioned they saw the car with the flat which is why they stopped to pick us up.

Think long and hard about it. Really think.

Oh I have. I have had some garbage encounters with powertripping cops who went out of their way to make me feel like nobody and some really awesome cops that were amazing and easy going. I've been given more tickets than I have ever been let off the hook. I've never been confrontational, never impolite. Give my info and wait patiently. Answer questions, accept ticket, move on. Why would you start any encounter with the law with a chip on your shoulder? That's asking for trouble.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Having watched the video it looks like this particular hotel has a conference area. Usually, when there are no events going on these areas are closed off to hotel guests. How do I know this? I travel frequently for business and suffer from insomnia when on the road, so every so often I'll wander a bit just to see if I can get into a mindset for sleep. I have been approached by hotel staff while walking in conference areas, and depending on the hour, addressed in a variety of fashions. All you have to do is be polite, show your key card if asked, tell your room number if asked, and if they ask you to go back to your room or an open area proceed to do so. It's really quite simple when you think about it...

He asks Earl is this section off limits, and Earl says no if you're a guest.
The guy says I am a guest

If you follow the whole video, it is part of the lobby.
If you watch the video at 1.01 you'll see some ladies walking, one of them WITHOUT shoes!
How are they not stopping people like that?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Way off

I doubt it seriously

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And all Earl has to go on is that guys word. If the guy filming the video, had shown him the card and responded with an actual room number not an "I don't remember", my gut says Earl leaves the guy be and he goes back to his conversation. He says he needs privacy, I would imagine the room he paid for offers that up quite handily.

The ones without shoes, most likely the pool if I had to make a guess, heck I've hit up the lobby convenience section barefoot before, or gone down to get my Uber Eats or whatever. Would I do it while at the Ritz or something? No. A Double-tree however, yeah, it's not exactly a high class place.

All he had to do was produce the key card and the problem goes away, but nope, let's wait for the cops to come...who removed him from the property.

edit: I see not a single bit of racism in this video, so all we have to go on is the word of the guy making the video. The fact companies fire employees as a knee jerk reaction to claims of racism worries me, we will never know what actually happened in this situation. Why? All because of the potential for negative press the minute someone says the word racism, every company in the US will bend over backward to keep that away from them, be it accurate or not.
edit on 10/10/19 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

And all Earl has to go on is that guys word. If the guy filming the video, had shown him the card and responded with an actual room number not an "I don't remember", my gut says Earl leaves the guy be and he goes back to his conversation. He says he needs privacy, I would imagine the room he paid for offers that up quite handily.

The ones without shoes, most likely the pool if I had to make a guess, heck I've hit up the lobby convenience section barefoot before, or gone down to get my Uber Eats or whatever. Would I do it while at the Ritz or something? No. A Double-tree however, yeah, it's not exactly a high class place.

All he had to do was produce the key card and the problem goes away, but nope, let's wait for the cops to come...who removed him from the property.

All Earl had to do was believe he was a guest when he told him so. They could check cameras and ask the front desk if that guy looks familiar. There are ways of doing things without calling 911

I'm sorry, not wearing shoes in a hotel is classless.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Why should he believe him? Random guy in the conference section on the phone, and considering they have a security officer (which I rarely see), chances are this particular hotel has some rowdy guests at times. Even if you're a paying customer they still have the right to verify your identity.

As for going around shoe-less being classless, welcome to most hotel chains in the US, no need to apologize as it's not going to curb that habit. I also see you mentioned someone without shoes on in first class, oh the horror. Take a trans-oceanic business class flight, it might make your hair catch fire, no one cares what you think as long as they are comfortable. If you're ever on an AA flight and see a guy in first class with a suit and no shoes on, give me a wave.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why should he believe him? Random guy in the conference section on the phone, and considering they have a security officer (which I rarely see), chances are this particular hotel has some rowdy guests at times. Even if you're a paying customer they still have the right to verify your identity.

It wasn't the conference section.

I also see you mentioned someone without shoes on in first class, oh the horror.

I'm sorry but being bare foot is one thing, still distasteful, but having your bare foot on the bar in front of you is just gross.
People have really nasty feet. I really don't think people want to put their hands where others have had bare feet. Yes it is horrible to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Remember that one racist video? You know the one ... the one with the smug teenage brat in the MAGA hat who assaulted that poor Native American man yelling stuff at him. Didn't you see that horrible leer on his face while he was into that man's personal space with that racist slogan on his hat. Privileged white male with such a punchable face.

Yeah, I laugh when those racists get their just desserts too.

Videos *never* lie.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

That simply means to many that the person spreading his fungal toe all over the place that he/she has zero respect for anyone else. So yes, barefoot or shoe'ed foot - Don't put your feet on someone elses furniture, especially if it's a public couch for 2 reasons....

I don't want your toe jam

You'll likely bust a whole in it and cost the hotel money because you know damn good and well that if no one sees you do it, you wont fess up to doing it.

I don't like rubbing up in another person's stink or sickness - I don't do it to you, better not do it to me or I'll tell you something about it in front of everyone.

Had two guys walking side by side in front of me going in to work one day... Guy on the right farted while I was walking behind him. He turned around and laughed. It took all I had not to donkey punch that mofo with a brick! Some people have $#!* for manners.

Says a lot about that person.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
well to my mind thisis just a new shift in "cash in culture"

setup someone to react to your bad behavior then win a payout.

but

it only works for a small segment of folks.

DNA is racist.

Agree, if you have a room in the hotel why sit in the lobby to make a private call I smell a rat.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've worked in hotels for many years. It is very common for people to come in off the street and try to hang out, sleep, or conduct "business" in the common areas. They often sneak in to eat the free breakfast, and sometimes walk down the halls looking for a door left ajar.

Has this particular DoubleTree ever had any other african american guests? Did Earl harass any of those people? If not, why? Why this one? Maybe it had nothing to do with being black, and was actually based on some other situation or behavior that he found suspicious. I can tell you whole heartedly that "I don't remember" is the number one bs answer given by people who aren't actually guests. Jermaine seems very hostile and is the aggressor in the video we see. Behaving that way only serves to confirm their suspicions.

I'll give ypu another side of this as well. If this were a non guest that wandered in to the hotel and Earl did not do anything, he could get in trouble for that. I have witnessed on multiple occassions either desk clerks or security get in trouble for allowing a random person to hang out in the lobby or elsewhere and not take action.

What comments were allegedly made by this security guard that was racist? If this is an assumption of racism just because he's black, then it shouldn't be taken seriously.
edit on 10-10-2019 by notquiteright because: Sp

edit on 10-10-2019 by notquiteright because: Err

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The cellphone footage was helpful when those racists attacked the schoolboys from Covington school.

The same footage helped when the racism-supporting cNn pundits and the racism-supporting democrats and their hateful followers falsely accused the schoolboys of fabricated ‘racism’.

So yeah, cellphone footage does seem to be helpful in exposing racists for who they really are.

Like the cellphone footage available online that shows leftist’s racist reasonings behind their opposition to voter ID laws. That footage exposes racism too.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There's around 327.2 million people in this country and every single one of them have the ability to be asses.
Although its my belief that every single one will indeed be an ass of some kind in their lifetimes.
This SJW one sided racism is really becoming annoying in ignoring the racism from all races.
In my little Google search for this morning looking for the worst case of racist attack in the last 20 years I found this little gem.
Problem is the SJW types justify this as payback for any and all past regressions.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
Maybe it had nothing to do with being black, and was actually based on some other situation or behavior that he found suspicious.

Right?

All of these things we do not get to see because the video does not show it.

Convenient?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join