It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Virginia 6th grader who claimed white classmates cut off dreadlocks made story up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here is yet another FAKE racial attack. I post this here to show that not only does this happen, but it seems to me to be getting more frequent as the number of actual racial attacks are diminishing.

Full Title: Black Virginia 6th grader who claimed white classmates cut off dreadlocks made story up, family says

A Virginia sixth grader who claimed three of her white male classmates held her down and cut off her dreadlocks is now saying she made up the entire story.

Amari Allen, an African-American 12-year-old who attends Immanuel Christian School in Springfield — a private school where second lady Karen Pence teaches art — reported the alleged incident last week. She told several media outlets that three boys at school pinned her down and cut off her hair, and local police opened an investigation.

"They said my hair was nappy and I was ugly," she told WRC-TV. "They put their hands over my mouth. They put my hands behind my back. And they started cutting my hair and saying it was ugly."

The girl's grandmother said she was doing Amari's hair one day when she realized portions of her dreadlocks were missing, which is when the girl told the story.

But wait...the truth comes out days later.

But on Monday, her family released a statement saying the accusations made by the 12-year-old girl had been fabricated.

“To those young boys and their parents, we sincerely apologize for the pain and anxiety these allegations have caused,” said a statement from the girl's grandparents obtained by The Washington Post. “To the administrators and families of Immanuel Christian School, we are sorry for the damage this incident has done to trust within the school family and the undue scorn it has brought to the school. To the broader community, who rallied in such passionate support for our daughter, we apologize for betraying your trust.”

Now does this mean there are no actual racial attacks, no, it most certainly does not. So, let's not go there. It is only shining a light on the FACT that this is why people are innocent until proven guilty when accused of a crime. Especially a racial crime in this day and age when people are being accused of being racists for merely disagreeing with a political position.

edit on 9/30/2019 by Krakatoa because: added additional clarification

edit on 9/30/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Kids are not allowed to be kids anymore. These stories should never make it to the news.

I think it is awful what she did, but her parents apology seemed sincere.

edit on 30-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Her parents were decent enough to apologize. Maybe she has a chance

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Kids are not allowed to be kids anymore. These stories should never make it to the news.

I would agree in the past, but not now. If there is zero tolerance for one side, then there should be zero tolerance on both (all) sides. The fact that the parents apologized is a great start. However, I think the girl should apologize to the school herself too. Not to shame her at all, just to teach her that when caught in a lie, you apologize to those you lied about. In this case, all the boys in the school, and the faculty, staff, and investigators.

Big lies require big apologies.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I seriously doubt the parents wrote that apologiy

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that the Christian School and the Families were taking to much heat. The girl appeared to be telling the truth and as a Christian she may have decided to let it all go away and take the blame. It will help her Family and the school. Being in the headlights of the press stinks for anyone even when not just
a kid.

and the undue scorn it has brought to the school.

The 12-year-old, WRC reported, is a straight-A student and violin player who has attended the private Christian school since kindergarten.

edit on 30-9-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Meh
Its Virginia
What do you expect?
Its florida north.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Tawana Brawley fiasco in 1987? Does anyone remember that?

Now *that* turned into a clusterf#ck of national proportions and made Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and other black leaders look really bad since they were on TV 24/7 trying to make racial and political hay of that non-incident. Turns out she made the whole story up. She was *not* raped, beaten and put into a plastic bag covered in human feces after all. Never mind.

Sharpton was a fat slob in those days and he was styling his hair long and straight in those days. He was on TV and the cover of umpteen national newspapers for weeks after the story broke. Once it came out that her story was a complete fabrication, Al just slithered away as if nothing happened.

Everything old is new again...
edit on 9/30/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Now does this mean there are no actual racial attacks, no, it most certainly does not. So, let's not go there. It is only shining a light on the FACT that this is why people are innocent until proven guilty when accused of a crime. Especially a racial crime in this day and age when people are being accused of being racists for merely disagreeing with a political position.

The fact that you MUST include this paragraph is proof that we are manipulated by the MSM. Most normal people are against hurting others for differences. Only the wacked out assholes want to do that. But with as far as this fake news have driven the bus, it's a long way back by foot. And most won't bother reading past the headlines. So it becomes true, he who controls the media controls everything. I am glad this little girl wasn't attacked, but she needs to understand why what she did was so wrong. Especially in 2019.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
There is also the possibility that the Christian School and the Families were taking to much heat. The girl appeared to be telling the truth and as a Christian she may have decided to let it all go away and take the blame. It will help her Family and the school. Being in the headlights of the press stinks for anyone even when not just
a kid.

and the undue scorn it has brought to the school.

The 12-year-old, WRC reported, is a straight-A student and violin player who has attended the private Christian school since kindergarten.

Taking that approach, she would be lying in either case, which is anti-christian since it is against one of the "Big 10". But, you go there and say that yes, these horrible white boys are still guilty.

Seriously??

SMH

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

First, as with any story the word "Black" does not matter.

A 12 year old told a lie for attention. Admitted to the lie at which point she needs to be forgiven, she's 12 and not someones political football. The parents made a very appropriate apology, so they did the right thing.

The only reason to say she should apologize again at this point would not be to teach a lesson, it would just be to bully her for some kind of ill founded revenge against a child.

Everyone who did not tell your parents a lie when you were 12 raise your hands. If your hand is up, you are lying.
edit on 9/30/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

First, as with any story the word "Black" does not matter.

A 12 year old told a lie for attention. Admitted to the lie at which point she needs to be forgiven, she's 12 and not someones political football. The parents made a very appropriate apology, so they did the right thing.

The only reason to say she should apologize again at this point would not be to teach a lesson, it would just be to bully her for some kind of ill founded revenge against a child.

Everyone who did not tell your parents a lie when you were 12 raise your hands. If your hand is up, you are lying.

The lie was not some stupid lie, it was a hate crime lie. In this day and age it IS a big deal. Personally, 20 tears ago it would not be but not anymore. The whiners and racial epithets thrown at everyone now means it should be taken seriously.

When I was her age, I would have been marched to the house of each kid I accused falsely and forced to apologize in person. It is a powerful lesson in building character. I know now that is not an important thing ti instill in the young these days.

Too bad too, because we get the likes of Jessie Smollett as a result.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I guess we'll never know but perhaps she was forced to say she lied or take a beating, just a thought

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

I guess we'll never know but perhaps she was forced to say she lied or take a beating, just a thought

I'll go with simplest and most likely answer.

She is 12, she lied, and was caught.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I agree that her parents were quite embarrassed and forthcoming with an apology. This is a child after all. But that actor cat from half a year ago, see, I've even forgotten his name already, was a totally different level of stupid. He should have had the book tossed at him and be doing jail time.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

While I agree with your overall sentiment, you have to admit, that telling a lie, back in my day, 80's, compared to telling this type of lie today, has a completely different set of consequences.

Ex: If I lied about an African American cutting my hair in the 80's, only the parents are involved, not to mention a butt whooping on my part.

Now? Social media gets the story, then the MSM, and it is around the world in a day.

I just hope that her parents explain to her the consequence of her lie in todays society. It is a different world today.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

And here is why, in case you weren't aware of the public news reaction before it was proven to be a hoax.

“Three sixth-grade white boys at a Christian school in Virginia where Vice President Mike Pence’s wife works cut a black girl’s hair, calling it ‘nappy’ and her ‘ugly,’ the girl says.”

NBC News source
Why was the VP's wife even mentioned here?

Purely for political mud slinging points. And, to further push the false narrative that the current administration is dripping with racist and white supremacists.

Its sickening to be honest. And I would say the same regardless of who was in the White House.

edit on 9/30/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

This reminds me of the Tawana Brawley fiasco in 1987? Does anyone remember that?

Don't forget the Duke Lacrosse scandal. That lie destroyed the lives of the guys on that team. We have to start charging these people that come out with these false accusations with either jail time or heavy fines.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Had her accusations been true, would an apology from the boys accused and their parents have been sufficient?

We've "progressed" to the point where accusations, including accusations of behavior traditionally seen as horseplay or kids being standard juvenile assholes, has very real, very longlasting, life altering consequences. As far as I am concerned, the punishments for false accusations should be in line with the punishment the accused would have received had the accusations been proven true. This should be SOP for these types of accusations, sexual assault accusations, discrimination accusations, all of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Had her accusations been true, would an apology from the boys accused and their parents have been sufficient?

We've "progressed" to the point where accusations, including accusations of behavior traditionally seen as horseplay or kids being standard juvenile assholes, has very real, very longlasting, life altering consequences. As far as I am concerned, the punishments for false accusations should be in line with the punishment the accused would have received had the accusations been proven true. This should be SOP for these types of accusations, sexual assault accusations, discrimination accusations, all of it.

Especially when the mom, prior to finding her daughter lied, was advocating for the white boys to be kicked out of school. Would she advocate for the same treatment for her daughter now, hardly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join