It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 teens watched and filmed as one teen stabbed another

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Black people barely had rights only 70 or so years ago. Homosexuals were treated as scum not too long ago. Wars have happened in every era. How many centuries did people watch and cheer as innocents were hanged or put to death? This negative behavior is nothing new.

With all the bad things of social media, there has also been a wealth of good things. People are learning and sharing positivity from all around the world. More understanding and compassion is being created through social media.

There has always been this eternal strife to divide humanity, to create apathy while others suffer, or to only focus on the negative.

I believe we are slowly evolving out of this. Humanity is slowly getting better but the same old negative aspects of humanity are still showing up. Just in the form of modern life.

edit on 20-9-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

They've been raised in a progressive nanny state. Humanity was lost when God was removed. Whether people believe in Him or not, the world was a better place then.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yea.. it was sure God's country when blacks were slaves..

Nostalgia for a golden past that never was....

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Oceanside Superintendent of Schools Phyllis Harrington delivered a message to the community via YouTube.

"The last thing a superintendent wants is to receive a 1:40 a.m. phone call that a student has passed away from a senseless act of violence," Harrington said, offering condolences to Morris' family.

She touched on the use of social media and pleaded with students and parents to contact police whenever they encounter something "potentially serious" online.

Addressing parents, Harrington said, "I ask that in addition to using judgment and restraint on social media, that you have this conversation with your children and that you monitor their social media usage."

Thanks, lady. Social media is a HUGE part of the problem, and she reaches them all via social media.

**facepalm**

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: paviabari

You try convincing a DA to prosecute 70 people for accessory to murder.

Some case if he made it, ile give you that.

You're right, I know, but doesn't change the fact of what it truly is, a crying shame. Hopefully they can get some of them. They need a lesson!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yeah, it's truly amazing how much democracy and capitalism have made this country the great place it is today.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

a reply to: Homefree

Yea sometimes people can be terrible. Cell phones or 30plus years ago. I believe we are getting better as a whole despite stories like this.

I disagree. I'm 48 and have been around and seen a few things.
Kids could run the neighborhoods when I was young but today its different.
The internet has allowed predators to have a longer reach and made it easy for them to stay hidden.
Our family units have been destroyed.
It just feels that for every step forward we are taking to back or at least one step sideways.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

I think just getting old
. It's different. Some ways bad some ways good. Predators have larger reach but help also has a larger reacher. Family has been destroyed? I see familys all the time..

Maybe you're just comparing all the ways it has changed for the negative. I will say.. in my small experience, people seemed a bit more social back before everyone had a phone with internet access.

Hopefully more of the positive aspects of technology shine while the negatives become smaller in the future.

It's also very easy to focus on the negative in today's world. It's not like you just got 30 minutes of news from your local tv station at night. You can find endless violence, political fighting, and negativity through the internet.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I agree with that. Just not on the notion that America was ever perfect, Godly, or Moral.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I dont believe that anyone has ever claimed that American has ever been perfect.
What it has been is a society that changes over time albeit slowly.
But, many of us do believe that we have changed from a women and children first mentality to a me me me one.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I saw that story... in fairness, I am sure most of the people filming didn't expect that the kid would get stabbed/killed. Street fights happen all the time. A few black eyes, bruises, and everyone goes on their way.

With that said, this desire to film everything around them is disturbing. You come across a car accident and the first thing people are doing is filming the guy dying in a car instead of trying to help. It wouldn't' even cross my mind to start filming.

We just had a well known gang member here in Chicago killed inside a house party. A portion of it was filmed. Must have been like 70 people in the room. Someone let off like 14 shots in a clear "gang hit" in a what amounts to a small city apartment. Yet, no "witnesses" despite it happening in front of a room packed far beyond what the fire code allows.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

P
If anyone wonders why it's not the guns just read the linked story.

The total lack of humanity in this crowd is what's wrong with the country today.

I was going to mention guns, but didn't, but that is a real and valid point. It's never been about the guns, it is the people.
lifestyle

This is a chicken and egg situation, if people kill people then maybe we should be more choosy about which people have access to guns. If guns kill people then maybe we should be more choosy about who has access to guns.

At then end of the day it all comes down to this ... Guns make it easier for people intent on killing people to kill people.

Society is broken, and until we fix it we won't stop broken people taking advantage of a broken system to break thing even more.
So let's put away the straw man argument on both sides of the political debate and figure out the bits where we can all come to an agreement. Then maybe instead of fighting each other we can start to get something done.

link   

P
If anyone wonders why it's not the guns just read the linked story.

The total lack of humanity in this crowd is what's wrong with the country today.

I was going to mention guns, but didn't, but that is a real and valid point. It's never been about the guns, it is the people.
lifestyle

This is a chicken and egg situation, if people kill people then maybe we should be more choosy about which people have access to guns. If guns kill people then maybe we should be more choosy about who has access to guns.

At then end of the day it all comes down to this ... Guns make it easier for people intent on killing people to kill people.

Society is broken, and until we fix it we won't stop broken people taking advantage of a broken system to break thing even more.
So let's put away the straw man argument on both sides of the political debate and figure out the bits where we can all come to an agreement. Then maybe instead of fighting each other we can start to get something done.

link   

originally posted by: JAGStormHow bad is our world,

in my opinion very bad indeed. in terminal decline as a matter of fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Homefree

Yea sometimes people can be terrible. Cell phones or 30plus years ago. I believe we are getting better as a whole despite stories like this.

Please expand on that, I think in many ways, especially socially we are getting much worse.

I totally agree... It's evident here even on ATS where members are insulted, stalked, and categorized as "people like you"

Brutal verbal attacks on members are viewed as clever and receive multiple stars and flags. We point the fingers at the youth with their cell phones while we are guilty of social degradation as well on this very site.

edit on 20-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

They should all be charged with accessory to murder.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yeah, it's truly amazing how much democracy and capitalism have made this country the great place it is today.

You mean the Petrodollar.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Most of today's kids can't even be social in public or when they meet a stranger. That's REgression, not PROgression. I'll admit, cell phones were a fantastic invention, but things were so much more peaceful when our cell phones were analog and didn't have a way to connect to the internet. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., are all drags on society.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Most of today's kids can't even be social in public or when they meet a stranger. That's REgression, not PROgression. I'll admit, cell phones were a fantastic invention, but things were so much more peaceful when our cell phones were analog and didn't have a way to connect to the internet. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., are all drags on society.

analog phones......gah , The downfall of a great American company Motorola!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

You mean the Petrodollar.

What good it the Petro without the capital markets to take advantage of it?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Black people barely had rights only 70 or so years ago. Homosexuals were treated as scum not too long ago. Wars have happened in every era. How many centuries did people watch and cheer as innocents were hanged or put to death? This negative behavior is nothing new.

With all the bad things of social media, there has also been a wealth of good things. People are learning and sharing positivity from all around the world. More understanding and compassion is being created through social media.

There has always been this eternal strife to divide humanity, to create apathy while others suffer, or to only focus on the negative.

I believe we are slowly evolving out of this. Humanity is slowly getting better but the same old negative aspects of humanity are still showing up. Just in the form of modern life.

That's absolutely beautiful, and I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Our current culture brings things like this to the for front, but the fact that we are all here, condemning it, the fact that this is a story of heartlessness and many in our country are seeing this and reacting with the same outrage, speaks for itself. 200 years ago, 2,000 years ago, this would have been commonplace and not have garnered any of this reaction we are now giving it.

Thank you for saying it the way you have, we ARE getting better as a whole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join