It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia homeowner fatally shoots 3 teens in masks who tried to rob him, sheriff's office says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So many issues from this story that need addressed.

The homeowner legally owning a gun and using it for self defense isn't one.

It is an issues when they shot one of them down the street running away. Three thugs one gun, did they toss the gun back and forth giving the home owner the excuse they were all armed? They convicted a shop own for murder for shooting a yutt outside the store. I am all for stand your ground but shooting unarmed perps is not allowed. I can not shoot someone if they are unarmed or if they armed with a club or knife it called like kind laws.
edit on 17-9-2019 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So many issues from this story that need addressed.

The homeowner legally owning a gun and using it for self defense isn't one.

It is an issues when they shot one of them down the street running away. Three thugs one gun, did they toss the gun back and forth giving the home owner the excuse they were all armed? They convicted a shop own for murder for shooting a yutt outside the store. I am all for stand your ground but shooting unarmed perps is not allowed. I can not shoot someone if they are unarmed or if they armed with a club or knife it called like kind laws.

FYI, nowhere in that story does it say he was shot down the street. It says, and I quote from the article:

Sheriff Eric Levett said deputies responded to the scene after a report of shots fired. When they arrived, the dead teenager was bordering the street and the driveway, and one of the other teens who was shot "was a little bit down the street, where it appears he was running."

Whic means he was shot at the scene, and ran away, until he dropped to the ground from his injuries. He and one other were still alive and died in the hospital.

edit on 9/17/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Where all three armed?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Where all three armed?

It doesn't say, short of it mentioning that two firearms were found at the scene. And, since one of the group fired, they are all complicit in that illegal scene and can legally be considered a lethal threat.

edit on 9/17/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Three people with masks on invade your property to rob you and one shoots at you, how do you know the other two don't also have guns? You don't, you react to stay alive.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Where all three armed?

It doesn't say, short of it mentioning that two firearms were found at the scene. And, since one of the group fired, they are all complicit in that illegal scene and can legally be considered a lethal threat.

I hate to say but the home owner will be brought up on charges just hide and watch lets revisit this when those charges are brought up. I am all for self defense but this seems like over kill.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Where all three armed?

I hate to say but the home owner will be brought up on charges just hide and watch lets revisit this when those charges are brought up. I am all for self defense but this seems like over kill.

Perhaps you should actually READ the story before commenting on it?

Investigators said the three people who were on the Conyers property and neighbors have been interviewed, but no one has been charged. Levett confirmed two weapons were found at the scene and told reporters it's possible this could be a "stand-your-ground" type of case, based upon preliminary information.

That state has a "stand your ground" law on the books. They don't expect people to run and hide like defenseless sheep when attacked. Unlike some here indicate they would do, and it seems you are in that camp as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Where all three armed?

It's 4am and thugs in masks show up to your door-
One starts shooting at your family.
It's dark, its early, guns are VERY loud, and chances are you weren't sitting around waiting for someone to start shooting at you.

You have less than seconds to react... would you assume only the one shooting is armed? Do you Even know which one is shooting, for sure? Do you know for sure that only one of them is shooting? Do you know the others aren't also holding firearms and the one shooting is only doing it to cause fear and panic in their victims?
What if you shoot the one you know is shooting at you, and it turns out the other two open fire on your loved ones?
Those kids forefit their lives when they showed up to someones property with intent to do harm.

I suspect anyone who knew how to shoot would react the same way when thugs with masks open fire on your property at 4am. IMO, even if they turn tail and run- shoot them in the back. They attacked- and are probably going to regroup. Maybe in ten minutes they'll plow through your daughters bedroom wall in a pickup truck. Unless they drop to their knees with their hands clearly in the air, they're still a target.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Maybe better off dead than to grow up and spent the rest of your life in a harsh brutal prison..

Prison's aren't harsh. Three squares a day, free medical/dental, mail every day, packages from your visitors every weekend, cable tv, movies, exercise yard with weights.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Where all three armed?

It's dark, its early, guns are VERY loud, and chances are you weren't sitting around waiting for someone to start shooting at you.

You have less than seconds to react... would you assume only the one shooting is armed? Do you Even know which one is shooting, for sure? Do you know for sure that only one of them is shooting? Do you know the others aren't also holding firearms and the one shooting is only doing it to cause fear and panic in their victims?
What if you shoot the one you know is shooting at you, and it turns out the other two open fire on your loved ones?
Those kids forefit their lives when they showed up to someones property with intent to do harm.

I suspect anyone who knew how to shoot would react the same way when thugs with masks open fire on your property at 4am. IMO, even if they turn tail and run- shoot them in the back. They attacked- and are probably going to regroup. Maybe in ten minutes they'll plow through your daughters bedroom wall in a pickup truck. Unless they drop to their knees with their hands clearly in the air, they're still a target.

The story is they were standing outside the home, armed just standing around in the front yard, and three masked teenagers come up and try to rob them? This does not pass the smell test. Was the homeowner a drug supplier who ripped off the teenagers? What did the other two do during this robbery, the perps and the two friends? There is more to this story than being reported. Three dead my word against three dead people.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

edit on 17-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: mudpit

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Never pass up an opportunity to politicize a tragedy.

Never change ATS. 😂

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Where all three armed?

The story is they were standing outside the home, armed just standing around in the front yard, and three masked teenagers come up and try to rob them? This does not pass the smell test. Was the homeowner a drug supplier who ripped off the teenagers? What did the other two do during this robbery, the perps and the two friends? There is more to this story than being reported. Three dead my word against three dead people.

Investigators say three people were at the home, including a woman, when the shooting happened.

The homeowner who shot the masked intruder is a man. Neighbors say he's a truck driver who owns a semi-automatic rifle and is highly protective of his mother.

WSBTV Atlanta: Homeowner shoots, kills 3 teens wearing masks; 1 had a gun, police say

And, listen to an interview with the neighbor that responded. Who, was awake and watching TV at 4am.
'There's a young kid laying dead on my lawn' | 3 masked teens killed in shootout with homeowner

In this he states the homeowner victim was a good man, a truck driver, who was not at the house often because he was out driving working. His mother lived there, and he was protective of her (which makes sense, she would be an easy mark for a robbery while he was away working).

Admit it dude, you just don;t think the good hard working homeowner was justified by shooting 3 masked armed men, at 4am, who were threatening to break into his home. Who RETURNED fire after the criminals fired upon him when confronted.

edit on 9/17/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
awesome.
saved us the time of putting them back in jail in 10 years when they get out.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The sheriff's office has specified that the teens were shot outside the home, and that it was not an invasion.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The sheriff's office has specified that the teens were shot outside the home, and that it was not an invasion.

Which is why they had masks on, at 4am, on someone else's property, firing at the homeowner, who was a respected hard working truck driver. Sure.....you keep clutching at those hopes they were good boys, just out to buy skittles.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I won't beat around the bush. The death of violent criminals makes me happy. Especially when it came from their intended victim of their pre-meditated attempted murders.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Which is why they had masks on, at 4am, on someone else's property, firing at the homeowner, who was a respected hard working truck driver. Sure.....you keep clutching at those hopes they were good boys, just out to buy skittles.

Oh, and the kid on the neighbor's lawn was shot IN THE CHEST...from the front. Then attempted to run away and dropped in the next yard, grasping at his chest and screaming he was dying. Well, I guess that is what could happen when you try to rob someone willing to defend themselves and not be a victim?

Play deadly games, win deadly prizes.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Where all three armed?

Does it matter?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I see you saying that. I don't see you quoting anyone else saying that. You really should stop with your misinformation.

(Sheriff) Levett confirmed two weapons were found at the scene and told reporters it's possible this could be a "stand-your-ground" type of case, based upon preliminary information.

So no, the sheriff's office specified it seems to be a home invasion stand your ground case.

Witness ..

Witness Carlos Watson told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution he woke up to the "sounds of gunfire."

He said the situation seems to have been "a home invasion that went bad for the invaders," and said the community is a "nice area" that doesn't see random crime often.

In fact the only one saying what you are saying is you .. how strange.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join