It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight Pride Parade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You should see the looks of horror we sometimes see when we tell people that we're a single income family and that my wife stays home and takes care of the house, kids, etc.

I've lost count of the people that have said, "The 1950's are calling, they want you back!"

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I had the idea of a ‘family unit’ parade. Celebrating the traditional family unit. With emphasis put on hetero sexual couple who strive to stick together and look after each other and their family. Good old family values, we should be able to celebrate this.

There is much to be said for the traditional family unit... for those fortunate enough to have one. But not everyone has that through no fault of their own. I'll be the first to doff my hat to the single mothers I've known -- who had a far more difficult path than I did, and my respect and admiration for them is boundless. We all have to play with the cards we're dealt, and I would rather celebrate anyone and everyone for their commitments to their family than to qualify which families we celebrate. Families come in all shapes and sizes and all are worth celebrating.

It might also help to minimise the number of young couples who get together, have kids, then divorce.

Or they just won't marry to begin with. Or worse. Like the recent OP defending the "right" of men to abandon their children...

Responsible and honorable people do the right thing for its own sake.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You should see the looks of horror we sometimes see when we tell people that we're a single income family and that my wife stays home and takes care of the house, kids, etc.

I've lost count of the people that have said, "The 1950's are calling, they want you back!"

Sad that people even care. To me a single earning family used to be the epitome of the American dream. Someone wins the bread, someone tends to the family unit, especially in the growing years of the kids.

I'm all for women working if they want to, but I think it is equally as sexist to act like the only way a woman can find enrichment is through work. Work is certainly a source for many people's satisfaction and pride, but for many if not most, it's just a means to pay the bills.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know... as a stay-at-home mom myself (at one time), you'd think we are the lowest form of life!!! The basic reaction is that we're either too stupid or too lazy to get a "real" job.

I have never understood this thought process that says "I'm too important to take care of my own children... so I'll pay a stranger minimum wage to take care of thee most important people in my life..."

And the craziest part of it all is that stay at home moms tend to do quite a bit of volunteer work in the community that benefits everyone's children -- and, therefore, EVERYONE!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I often tell my wife that I'm enlightened and that she could work and I'll stay at home.

She just throws the car keys at my head and says, "You'll be late. . . GO!"

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

To be clear, the protesters were not protesting heterosexuality, but the social/political/ideological associations of the parade organizers:

Critics say the 'Straight Pride' organizers are white-supremacists whose intent is to bait members of the LGBT community in Boston.

'The organizers of the Straight Pride Parade have long and well-documented ties to white supremacists and anti-immigrant movements,' a protester said to CBS News. 'In general, they are fascists who believe that they are the only acceptable type of being.' Something like this speaker:

Among other scheduled speakers is a leader of the Proud Boys, which the Anti-Defamation League describes as an 'extremist conservative group.'

So are they indeed white supremacists parading under the guise of 'straight'?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Man, have you tried being middle aged?
Straight, white, male, AND you have worldly responsibilities?
I'm practically hitler over here.

I am all of those things. I don't seem to feel like a victim, like a lot of you.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I often tell my wife that I'm enlightened and that she could work and I'll stay at home.

Stay at home dads is a risky idea, and not because of what most people would say. Some would say that men aren't as nurturing (kind of plays into the real reason), or that men are supposed to work...

But I don't think these are the real reasons it's risky.

Long term, everyone knows kids get away with eating whatever they like around dad, so it puts them at higher rates for obesity, and consequently, diabetes.

Short term, more shenanigans would be had when mom is away at work. Things like pulling the kids behind the riding mower to kill 2 birds with one stone, see who can go down the stairs on cardboard faster, standing in a circle while someone rips the stick off of a bottle rocket while lighting it and throwing it in the middle to see who it hits. These are all activities mom would not sanction, because mom is the literal fun nazi.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

LOL! We tried the "Mr. Mom" thing once... poor hubby went crazy!!! We jointly decided I was much better suited for that role.

On the plus side, as a result of that experiment, my daughter earned her nickname that has stuck to this day. Although I'm the only one allowed to use it!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Funny how we don't have any threads discussing the Nazi presence at Gay Pride parades or the beatings that have occurred after said events.

Instead let's focus on the people that opposed a parade backed by white supremacists.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Of course, it would get protested as shaming those who do not have traditional family units. How dare you be so exclusionary?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Funny how we don't have any threads discussing the Nazi presence at Gay Pride parades or the beatings that have occurred after said events.

Instead let's focus on the people that opposed a parade backed by white supremacists.

Why don't you go start that thread? Generally speaking, I haven't seen many news items out there on the huge Nazi presence at Gay Pride parades, but if they exist, that seems to be your calling.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Very good point, I no way look down on single mothers and relationships which have broken apart for genuine reason.

The thread about fathers leaving children, was it similar to one on Reddit recently which stated 'men can leave children if after years the find out they aren't theirs?' Wouldn't surprise me, this place is a Reddit cut and paste playground. If it is, I think that stinks, it's selfish, any man who thinks like that isn't a man, they're a mouse.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It depends on the father.

Mine does the cooking here (thwarted lab instincts and training led him to start a new hobby), so kiddo actually eats a bit better when he's on WFM.

However, daddy is a bit more permissive than I am.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Seriously. I just moved out of a place that would be considered an Antifa stronghold. Never once have I been accosted for looking like the Nazi's Aryan ideal.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I never have understood the gay pride ideal and the need for representation in all forms of media. To me it feels like all the fuss does them more harm than good.
Are these folks so weak mentally that they have to try to justify their existence?
Nobody really cares what you do with your private parts in the bedroom.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

They? Are we misgendering???

No "they." Sure, some probably were... I assume so. But certainly not all. You must have missed this in the OP:

Walking among the 'Straight Pride' supporters were a sprinkling of white LGBTQIA members. A trans woman was even pictured walking with a Trump sign that she decorated with the trans flag.

Christen Greczowski held up the flag signed by transgender people who have left the Democratic Party....

The marshal of the 'Straight Pride' rally was Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent and provocative member of the far-right movement in the U.S. who has been banned from several social media sites. He also happens to be gay.

LGBTQ Trump fans turn out to support 'Straight Pride' parade as marchers face off with hundreds of counter-protesters amid a huge police presence in Boston

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What does that tell you about the majority of the media?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: InTheLight

They? Are we misgendering???

No "they." Sure, some probably were... I assume so. But certainly not all. You must have missed this in the OP:

Walking among the 'Straight Pride' supporters were a sprinkling of white LGBTQIA members. A trans woman was even pictured walking with a Trump sign that she decorated with the trans flag.

Christen Greczowski held up the flag signed by transgender people who have left the Democratic Party....

The marshal of the 'Straight Pride' rally was Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent and provocative member of the far-right movement in the U.S. who has been banned from several social media sites. He also happens to be gay.

LGBTQ Trump fans turn out to support 'Straight Pride' parade as marchers face off with hundreds of counter-protesters amid a huge police presence in Boston

Why would the 'straight'(?) parade organizers allow a non-straight person to parade with them?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They're asshats too... but I think I know what you're getting at, so I'll at least explain my view.

Almost everyone hates nazis, in fact I think it's almost implied that people don't think fondly of nazis.

But in this case, some people committed crimes, and some act as if they are brave, politicians even posting bail. All violence against free expression is bad.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join