It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese Space Station Makes Progress

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

China has made it clear they are going to have a long term manned presence in space. One of the things they have stated they are going to do is build a space station akin to the International Space Station. The Chinese space agency lofted two smaller space modules to act as labs and test to China's ability to build precursors to the space station. Both worked out well with the possible exception where the first might have come down in an uncontrolled manner. The last of the those two orbital lans recently came down in a controlled manner and China is moving onto its full space station. The space station, incidentally, is called Tianhe.

Two modules for the Tianhe have been built:

The modules are patterned after the Mir space station and may use tech bought from Russia. However, the planned scale of the space station is far, far larger than Mir. It is on the order of the ISS and definitely bigger (if closer) than Gateway Station. The modules may be built, but it is not clear if both will be put into orbit, if one is a spare or if one is a test article.

The Chinese have invited the Russians and the Europeans to use Tianhe. The US is barred by law from collaborating with the Chinese (for some reasons that are good and others that are not). It does give the bonus of ensuring some competition in space, which is definitely not a bad thing.

The exact timing of the orbiting of the new space station remains to be seen. There have been setbacks with the newer boosters intended for the launches. However, Tianhe will probably outlast the ISS due to the issues with the seals on the ISS modules circa 2028.

Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Chinese engineering is the best in the World right now. It's not just the quantity of scientists and engineers. It's their education system is light years ahead of the United States. This is clearly China's century.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sounds like fake news to me.

They treat the people in their country like crap. It is hard to respect China because of the way they rule over their people.

BTW, where is the link?

edit on 26-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Chinese engineering is the best in the World right now. It's not just the quantity of scientists and engineers. It's their education system is light years ahead of the United States. This is clearly China's century.
Want to know what's funny about you?

Your first post are either,

"I like AOC"

"I like Biden"

"I like the chinese and think they're great!"

It never fails, like a paid spokesman, you have to go into a thread and state that before you say anything other thing. Very suspect and very shady.

Truth is, you do it on purpose. Honestly, felt good calling out BS.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yeah , I Wonder Where they " Stole " the Technology to Even Build it ? Bought it from the Russians or US Maybe ? ........Hmm..........

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
Both worked out well with the possible exception where the first might have come down in an uncontrolled manner. The last of the those two orbital lans recently came down in a controlled manner and China is moving onto its full space station.

So, only one out of two crashed?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

They were always planned to be deorbited. Mir and other space stations have been deorbited. We will deorbit the ISS no later than 2030 unless we start replacing modules.

One of the two Chinese labs may (and it is VERY disputed) have lost contact before it came down. So, I suppose, you could say it crashed. However, the lab did come down in the normal spot in the South Pacific for disposing of such things, so...who knows?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The lineage is NOT American. It's pretty apparent from looking at the modules. Ours are built really, really differently.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Chinese probably stole it from us - like they stole all their technology from us and the Russians

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

"uncontrolled"

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I wish I was paid!!! That would be awesome.

It's not a question of opinion. The Chinese are just engineering better stuff than we are right now. It bother's me our education system is so bad, everyone thinks science is liberal left wing, and education makes you stupid.

This is what I'm watching:

This is what you are watching:

Unlike you, I'm not from Mississippi.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What, no big, spinning wheels? Just the same old little cans strung together? I'm disappointed, China. Please try harder next time and don't skimp on the spinning wheels.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Chinese probably stole it from us - like they stole all their technology from us and the Russians

Maybe 20 years ago. But right now they have the best research equipment, the best funding, the best education system.

It's alright, keep on thinking the Miami Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl this year!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

I wish I was paid!!! That would be awesome.

It's not a question of opinion. The Chinese are just engineering better stuff than we are right now. It bother's me our education system is so bad, everyone thinks science is liberal left wing, and education makes you stupid.

This is what I'm watching:

This is what you are watching:

Unlike you, I'm not from Mississippi.
You aren't watching that at all, as a matter of fact, that last YT link was one you posted in another thread because you thought you were being slick, you weren't.

Want to know what I'm watching? Nothing because I read a lot.

Like this,

www.dw.com...

This is you, all day everyday 🤗

So you can cut the BS lies out dude.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The lineage is NOT American. It's pretty apparent from looking at the modules. Ours are built really, really differently.

So , Russian Design Influences ?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Maybe 20 years ago. But right now they have the best research equipment, the best funding, the best education system.

It's alright, keep on thinking the Miami Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl this year!
False.

That's why they send their kids over here, that's why American leads in advance manufactoring and why chinese doesn't have advanced fabricators, why they steal a lot of patents, why they take patents from new companies, shut them out and build it themselves, sure dude, lay off the fake news.

As a matter of fact, move there???

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , I Wonder Where they " Stole " the Technology to Even Build it ? Bought it from the Russians or US Maybe ? ........Hmm..........

Or, stolen from the US. That's the old Soviet Union tactic too.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Whomever they " Got " it From , It's " Old Tech " Right Now .........He .He .......
edit on 26-8-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You guys wildly disappoint me that you couldn't google to see what the source tech might have been:

That's not American.

It is in orbit.

and it's a part of the ISS.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The ISS ? that Explains a lot . the U.N. is Attacking America Once Again . Bought and Paid for Tech ...............

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join