It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of people are asking president Trump to change the date of Halloween

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Hypntick

I remember the good old days when the end of daylight savings time and Halloween fell close together.....an extra hour for Halloween adult revelry at your favorite watering spot!!!!!

I remember the good ol' days when Halloween marked the official day when evening temperatures dropped from the high 60s to the high 40s. Meaning, you were freezing your butt off in that cheap, paper-thin costume that you thought would be warm enough when you bought it three days ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Is Halloween a Federal Holiday?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Halloween true name is Samhain.
a Very OLD Celtic religious festival.
so are you persecuting my Celtics, pagans and witches festival?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It is NOT a Christian day! it is Celtic druid.
even wiki gets this correct!!!
Wiki link
"Samhain itself was Christianized as Halloween by the early Church"

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Tradition.

''Halloween is the evening before the Christian holy days of All Hallows' Day (also known as All Saints' or Hallowmas) on 1 November and All Souls' Day on 2 November, thus giving the holiday on 31 October the full name of All Hallows' Eve (meaning the evening before All Hallows' Day).''

edit on 30-7-2019 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't have any little ones. My kids are all grown but the youngest didn't really go trick or treating as our town limits the activity from 6-8PM and to twelve year olds and under.
Who wants to send their kids out like that any more anyway?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Of course I get your point here buddha. Christianity borrowed numerous celtic and other traditions of local cultures so as to make their message more palatable to people in what ever locale the ''message'' as invading. Even so it still has for the last boo coo years be celebrated by Christian peoples making it a Christian tradition wouldn't you say?

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Halloween has its roots in the ancient pre-Christian Celtic festival of Samhain.

Which was celebrated on the night of October 31 by the Celts, who lived 2,000 odd years ago.

If Jesus and Christianity could not change that fact what chance does that Muppet have? LoL

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Halloween has its roots in the ancient pre-Christian Celtic festival of Samhain.

Which was celebrated on the night of October 31 by the Celts, who lived 2,000 odd years ago.

If Jesus and Christianity could not change that fact what chance does that Muppet have? LoL

True, but modern Halloween is still not Samhain any more than modern secular Easter is a pagan holiday for the goddess Eostre. The roots are there, but the celebration ain't the same by a longshot. Substantially more goes into Samhain as a fall celebration than what we do today for Halloween. Again, because they're not the same holiday at the end of the day. Secular Halloween just has it's roots in it.
edit on 7/30/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Suppose it depends on whos celebrating Samhain, Pagans or weans out looking for sweeties in the dark.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The most fun part of halloween when I was a kid was wearing my costume to school.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Didn't Halloween become famous because of the astronomical significance? Changing the date makes no sense in that regard.

No, Halloween is all Hallows eve, which is followed by All Saints day. Sheesh, anything to meet commercial demand in America isn't it?

Surprised they aren't campaigning for Christmas to be every weekend.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

There is no need to change the date of the actual holiday just change the Trick or Treating day to the weekend before. Around where I live Trick or Treat days and times are left to the discretion of the town or borough. No need to mess with a tradition.
I would threaten to move EVERY holiday to a weekend and see how long it takes for folks to realize they'll never get any holidays off from work.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Halloween is a pagan holiday and I DO NOT celebrate it at all.The
same goes for Christmas and Easter.

Good on ya for saying so mama!

Errr, what do us non pagans celebrate?

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It didn't fall upon the 31st for no reason or in vain...

Changing it would make it lose value -- historical and sentimental alike.
edit on 31-7-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

edit on 31 7 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

Regarding the President and Halloween.

I once heard that the thing he has in common with a jack-o-lantern is that they are both Orange on the outside, empty on the inside and should be thrown out in early November.
edit on 31 7 2019 by Breakthestreak because: It triggered me though, I’m a Trumpeter.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. There are some really damn good ones here (you know who you are) so again , thank you and keep up the good work. I really dont have much else to say here for now other than I do not think that this will happen until next year anyways,and I guess that we will see if I am correct soon enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join