It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Secretary Acosta announces he will step down, amid criticism over Epstein plea deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Due to the intricate legal wording of the 53 page plea deal set up by Acosta and Epstein's attorneys, the SDNY case is on shaky ground.

Source: www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: tanstaafl

You are aware that a teenage girl has accused him of raping her in Epsteins apartment in Manhattan are you not?

You do know that the girl dropped her case because she received death threats right?

This case may very well motivate her to be brave. Guess we will see how it plays out.

Old story but it tells why she dropped her case.

www.theguardian.com...

Woman accusing Trump of raping her at 13 cancels her plan to go public

While I'm not defending Trump, I have to question, how does a Jane Doe receive death threats when it's an anonymous name? People just sending letters to her lawyer?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Due to the intricate legal wording of the 53 page plea deal set up by Acosta and Epstein's attorneys, the SDNY case is on shaky ground.

What a surprise. This is probably why Acosta jumped ship before this was known publicly as he'd be crucified that much more if he were still holding a position in our government.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Get real. I am not defending Clinton.

I'm very real - and I didn't say you were...

I think it is absolutely asinine that Trump's faithful like you will ignore his association with Epstein, and instead deflect it all to Clinton.

I didn't deflect anything.

I merely said there is ZERO evidence that Trump had anything but a purely social association with Epstein - one which he severed completely when he kicked him out of Mara Lago for doing precisely what he is now accused of doing.

TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF! TRUMP IS NOT INNOCENT!

Prove it. Show us the evidence. All you have done so far is voice your opinion, which means nothing when it comes to accusations like this.

Your only defense is Trump is not as guilty as Clinton.

Nope, not at all.

My defense of Trump is - where is the evidence?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You are aware that a teenage girl has accused him of raping her in Epsteins apartment in Manhattan are you not?

You do know that the girl dropped her case because she received death threats right?

This case may very well motivate her to be brave. Guess we will see how it plays out.

Old story but it tells why she dropped her case.

www.theguardian.com...

Woman accusing Trump of raping her at 13 cancels her plan to go public

You do know she filed a case in Florida and a judge threw the case out right? You also know she refiled the case in New York, under a fraudulent name, and the case was thrown out and she was required to pay the legal fees of the person she accused right?

Facts are informative so maybe try using them.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

PS

Trumps association with Epstein was all purely social.

Yes it was. Social as in lets be rich guys and party together in any way we want because we can...

It's nice to see you acknowledge Bill and Hillary and other Democrats are guilty of that behavior.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Get real. I am not defending Clinton.

I think it is absolutely asinine that Trump's faithful like you will ignore his association with Epstein, and instead deflect it all to Clinton.

TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF! TRUMP IS NOT INNOCENT!

Your only defense is Trump is not as guilty as Clinton.

Get real folks!

It was not Trump supporters who scrubbed google images to bury the pictures of Bill with his arms around one of the girls. It was not Trump supporters who scrubbed any mention of the Clintons and others, leaving only Trumps name, on the wikipedia page. It's not Trump supporters running major media outlets refusing to report on this story.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: carewemust

What a surprise. This is probably why Acosta jumped ship before this was known publicly as he'd be crucified that much more if he were still holding a position in our government.

The major thing that story omits is why the case was reopened. The plea deal given to Epstein violated federal law when the prosecution failed to notify and include the victims.

That alone can invalidate the plea deal. Secondly New York state can file charges. Thinking this is restricted solely to the US and that states of Florida and New York are the only states involved is also a problem. New Mexico has an open investigation on him as well as the US Virgin Islands.

Plea deals also require the person to cooperate with investigations and can be negated if the person lies / omits . commits new crimes after the plea deal.

Finally additional charges were added because Epstein tried to pay off 2 potential witnesses against him. One was for a 100k and the second was to the tune of 250k dollars.

It also doesnt help Epsteins case when they offer a deal to the prosecutors. He wants 5 years in prison in exchange for giving the feds the names of everyone involved.

It also doesnt bode well that when the reopening of this case started to look more likely, a major fire broke out of Epsteins island. He also rented machinery that is used to tear uo floors and equipment than can obliterate anything, like computers, disks/dvd's/servers/etc etc.

Around the same time the fire broke out the lead detective who worked on the original case in Florida died. No cause of death was identified.
edit on 16-7-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join