It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is considered a Person of Color

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I consider myself a person of light.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Ummm...well...the new norm states that you are whatever you imagine yourself to be...

LGBTQRSTUVW...pick a letter designation...and run with it...

Losers become winners...cause first place has no place in the collective...

It’s all about what you identify as...not about reality...

I’m a browner...trapped in the body of whitey...can I git me sum reparations...

Fosho...MoFo...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
This guy ?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's all white, ile trust you on that score.

Used to go out with a wee Irish bird many Moons ago, it's more than just there hair that's fiery and red.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It’s a PC way of saying “not white”.
edit on 7-7-2019 by BuckyWunderlick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think I live in one of those independently unique bubbles where the term "Person Of Colour" sounds just as awful and offensive as "Coloured Person".

If not MORE so, because of its rather pretentious, patronising construction.

Whoever signed it off at committee stage must have been drunk.

Being Brit born but with 100% Spanish blood, does that mean I'm officially a "Person Of Olive"?

I mean, wtf?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
IDK, but apparently at some concert they were having, if you were white you had to pay twice as much. Now, just think about that for a second. How is this okay and say, a baker charging gays or blacks double for his work is not? Imagine being a child all happy and ready to see someone you loved in concert, and then being told nope, you have to pay twice as much to get in. Think about what that would do to their brain. How would they process that? I can tell you how I would have processed it as a child, because I know what hatred and discrimination as a child is, and what it does.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I just find it fukcin stupid we call our selves white or black, when you look at those non colours in reality , no human is close to black or white

we are all a shade of brown

, the scale should be dark skinned to light skinned

but of course as others have said , its all for political point scoring and categorisation of you , so you fit a tax box or some other weird list so you can be coded by government

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
also if we are to adhere to scientific theory of human evolution then we are all

technically "people of colour" as our DNA is all shared to a common ancenstor

ADAM

and he was "coloured"

so you can either look at humanity through the eyes of objective science and see that we are all inherently the exact same with subtle differences in our external appearance and we have ethnic origins but genetically there is no biological basis for race

or you can look at it through the eyes of societal constructs that we are all unique and individual and have our own identities and racial backgrounds and we can be separated and divided by our differences despite being infinitely smaller than our similarities

I mean the fact we can all have sex and produce viable offspring is the greatest indicator that we are all the same species.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
People that have pigment in their skin to protect them from harmful solar radiation is a person of colour. All others have to buy sun protection. The fact we are not subsidised for that, peeves me off.

Black folks still need to use sun protection if they'll be out in the sun for a longer time. There is not a lot of awareness about this because folks presume that "Oh, I have dark skin, so I don't need no sun protection". This is a myth. Sure, the darker skin allows them to remain in the sun for longer, however protection will still be required.

People who have dark skin tones often believe they’re not at risk for skin cancer, but that is a dangerous misconception, says dermatologist Maritza I. Perez, MD, a senior vice president of The Skin Cancer Foundation.

Yes, darker skin produces more of the pigment called melanin that does help protect skin — but only to a certain extent. People of color can still get sunburned, and they can also develop skin cancer from UV damage.

edit on 8-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
People that have pigment in their skin to protect them from harmful solar radiation is a person of colour. All others have to buy sun protection. The fact we are not subsidised for that, peeves me off.

All humans have this pigment , its called melanin , some humans have more than others due to the geographical region they were born in or are descended from !

those close to the equator tend to have higher percentages of melanin in their skin due ot lack of forest / jungle for protection

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
IDK, but apparently at some concert they were having, if you were white you had to pay twice as much. Now, just think about that for a second. How is this okay and say, a baker charging gays or blacks double for his work is not? Imagine being a child all happy and ready to see someone you loved in concert, and then being told nope, you have to pay twice as much to get in. Think about what that would do to their brain. How would they process that? I can tell you how I would have processed it as a child, because I know what hatred and discrimination as a child is, and what it does.

www.yahoo.com...

Rapper Tiny Jag pulls out of Detroit music fest after learning white people pay a higher ticket price

Wow, this actually fits perfectly into what i'm saying. Who is classified as a poc??

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
White and black do not have specific wavelengths and thus are not defined as colors. Black has no light and is therefore colorless. As no people are all white or black, I guess all people would have to be defined as people of color. White is the sum of all colors, so if they were really white they should definately be considered as people of color.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Im still trying to figure that one out here your just you Color does not matter to most people unless they make it a reason to be . a reply to: JAGStorm

<< 1  2  3   >>

join