It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa attacks journalist in Portland

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Throwing objects at people is assault and should not be allowed

Period

Just because you think milkshakes or water or whatever is no nig deal, it doesn’t matter

And if it is laughed off, then it will escalate

You can not throw things at people to silence or intimidate them politically

It is illegal, and should be enforced

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Enforced by who?

As I explained in the previous post. Police was there to seperate two groups. They form human barriers to guide the crowd.

How effective is this strategy if half the barrier is out chasing complaints?

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Enforced by who?

As I explained in the previous post. Police was there to seperate two groups. They form human barriers to guide the crowd.

How effective is this strategy if half the barrier is out chasing complaints?

Peace

Well that’s a different point

I was responding to your seeming implication that milkshakes and such are no big deal to throw at people

As to this question

If the police realize they can not safely handle a situation then they should disband the gathering before it leads to violence

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

They did. A dispersal order was given and 3 people were arrested.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

They did. A dispersal order was given and 3 people were arrested.

Peace

After people were beaten

If they didn’t have resources to cover the event like earlier when Ngo reported being assualted, they should have recognized the situation was out of hand and forced the group to disperse

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Look you can't have it both ways. If mr.Ngo was there as an independent objective reporter it would seem rather strange to disband a group of people who have a right to be there because he and somebody else got into an altercation, right?

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Look you can't have it both ways. If mr.Ngo was there as an independent objective reporter it would seem rather strange to disband a group of people who have a right to be there because he and somebody else got into an altercation, right?

Peace

He didn’t get in an altercation

He was attacked

If a mob starts attacking people, it gets disbanded

The fact the person was attacked was a journalist is irrelevant

The police should have searched for and arrested the person who committed the assault

If they were stretched so thin they couldn’t send even one officer to look for the criminal, them clearly the situation was out of hand and needed dispersed

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I think it's about protocol and orders.

If it were a hunderd people wanting people arrested over a milkshake or spitting or sillystring attacks you would have a very thin human barricade of fellow police offers being overrun.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

But it wasn’t just that was it?

It was masked people wielding weapons that were assualtung at least one person

The point is you know it’s a lie that the police were so thin they couldn’t arrest or took for the person who assualted ngo

But if they were, that was the time to disperse the crowd

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

After the actual assaults started (beating people) a dispersal order was given.

I never said there were to few police there, that was your assumption. I merely stated that the police that was there had orders and a protocol.

If mr.Ngo wanted to report an assault he should have directed his complaint towards an officer thatwas not tasked with securing a protestmarch ie. he should have called the police and they could have send somebody to investigate the accusation.

Peace
edit on 5-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

No ridiculous

If that’s the case, the police he talked to would have said “here is who to contact to get an officer out here to find the man who assualted you”

The protocol was to allow this abuse, as it has been with this mayor and Antifa in the past

As long as that continues look forward to more escalation

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Conversation at the time of the report was:

They said they could not safely go in to the park but would take copies of my photos for the report

It is your assumption that they did not give chase because they were corrupt or unwilling. It is my assumption they can not give chase for the safety of their objective.

Peace
edit on 5-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

After the actual assaults started (beating people) a dispersal order was given.

I never said there were to few police there, that was your assumption. I merely stated that the police that was there had orders and a protocol.

If mr.Ngo wanted to report an assault he should have directed his complaint towards an officer thatwas not tasked with securing a protestmarch ie. he should have called the police and they could have send somebody to investigate the accusation.

Peace

Why would he need to call another officer from far away for protection from having their head smashed in, when an officer is right there?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You are not really paying attention are you?

The police gave a dispersal order after heads started being bashed in. The reason mr.Ngo should have called the cops instead of taking present police attention away from their objective to keeps those groups seperated was the milkshake "assault".

What everybody seems to be suggesting here is that if police is busy trying to keep to groups seperated they should lay down that task because somebody was spitting on somebody else...

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Like usual, you did NOT answer anything, you do put a great many words together but say nothing at all, you are vey good at saying nothing and avoiding questions, why do you do that?

you aren't american, you have no dog in this conversation, you barely reply to questions but you say alot of things that have no bearing on the question.

instead of oneline answers, you go on and on and on about nothing to do with the question.

and yes in 1917 the comunist started the antifa movement, not 1929, but it's ok

you are like the left in America quite a bit

no person is defending you, or your ideals, why is that?

Because no matter how hard you try you are still and outlier. a "one of".

you aren't even bringing useful ideas or information, you saw what antiduluvian did now you are just his copy.

Amazing!

why can't you be honest? answer that question please.

explain who Musolini is in America?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I do worry about your reading comprehension mr.Thedigirati.

Did you pull that 1929 out of your...?

I was merely replying to your own comment, which was:

originally posted by: thedigirati
Antifa was a communist plot to destroy Germany and it backfired

Just like it will in the USA.

you (yes YOU) will be responsible, just like you were in 1939

But if you want me to use smaller words just let me know.

Peace

Ps: your question was?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Peace

"Police was there to seperate two groups"

this line is incorrect, this is YOUR opinion, the Police is to enforce the law. Full Stop.

this is what I mean by your disengenuousness. or maybe it's simply that you are ignorant.

it is NOT the job of the police in the usa to keep anyone sperate, never was, never will be.

so once again you can try and spin your ignorance, but I want to see you quote our law that says

"it's the polices job to keep two sides apart during a protest"

or you will just spew nonesense AGAIN!

what you think are facts and what facts are, are not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

so ok I will make it short so you can google translate it correctly

Who is antifa in the USA fighting?

why do you support it?
edit on 5-7-2019 by thedigirati because: it not the

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Short answer:

Antifa is probably fighting capitalism and oppression but they are not the majority of the wannabe "antifa's" that just want to oppose Trump.

I don't support it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
From a German researcher with the best detail behind the roots of ANTIFA:

Also daily reminder to all Americans reading this from a German who works in Research on this topic since almost 10 Years now:
Antifaschistische Aktion (aka: Antifa) started of here in my country of Germany and in my state of Bavaria in Winter 1917 through the "Rote Front" which was basically the equivalent of the "moderate rebels" in Syria. Not moderate at all and financed by a foreign country.
This was the COMINTERN (Communist International) from Soviet Russia, they used the chaos of Post-WWI Eastern Europe, including Germany to spread the Communist Idea, help arm and finance communist militias in countries between Russia and France, which also ended up succesful in Bavaria, something many don't know, but Bavaria was for a short time a de-facto Communist State, controlled by Soviet puppets.

you can read more here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join