It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bacon Apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
That is scary!
No more bacon....

Actually, it IS scary. It is not that far of a leap from a pig to a human with viruses.

I am a meat cutter so I work with pork every day but I know where my stuff comes from, and it isn't China.
Hopefully this virus doesn't make it into the US pork industry.
That would be a disaster.

A Porkocalypse!
(HA! Try saying that a few times fast!)
Seriously, that was hard to pronounce!
edit on 14-6-2019 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

link   
Is this article about that totally resistant staph infection that comes from infected pork that comes from China or just the swine flu. There was just a recent article on the staph resistance coming from some areas of the world, one being China. I must have missed the swine flu article....but then again I only usually look at science and medical sites and sometimes Yahoo news on the net..

link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

Eat a large portion of bacon and/or pork tonight and pay attention to the kind of dreams you have later the same night. You are what you eat and you will end up sharing a dream body/bodies with the energy of what you ate, which will cause sexual/dirty dreams.

It's a shame you equate sexual with dirty. If bacon helps the former, that's a good thing.

One of my cats loves bacon; the other, a litter mate, couldn't care less.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
That is scary!
No more bacon....

Actually, it IS scary. It is not that far of a leap from a pig to a human with viruses.

I am a meat cutter so I work with pork every day but I know where my stuff comes from, and it isn't China.
Hopefully this virus doesn't make it into the US pork industry.
That would be a disaster.

A Porkocalypse!
(HA! Try saying taht a few times fast!)

Is that the reason for the name darkblade?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I never thought about bacon and cats, tbh.

So was it just something you tried that he obviously liked, or did you read about it somewhere?

Sounds like the withdrawals may be a spiritual influence.

You need to take him to the Vet to get his chakras checked!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's African Swine Fever so a different thing.

I'd hate it to cross to humans.. the mortality rate is staggering and there is no real cure.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The solution to this, and bird flu, and Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis, and brain lesions associated with Alzheimer's, and world hunger is ... don't eat meat, eat other sources of protein. It's really that simple. Never mind the humanitarian questions about treatment of animals. The meat business is an environmental disaster and a major hazard to human health, similar to tobacco and alcohol, but far more insidious.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Wow, no.

I never really put that with the nickname.
I had this name loooong before I ever started to butcher.....

That is kind of cool.
I never realized...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

A Porkocalypse!
(HA! Try saying that a few times fast!)

Dammit... I should have thought of that for a title.

Well done!

As to the rest yea, it actually is worth thinking about.

A virus that seems to be immune to everything and can live in a lot of conditions for months, a high mortality rate virus that seems to be spreading like wildfire in China and a lot of what is happening seems to not get reported.

Asia isn't exactly a small place and they produce what... 70% of the pork on the planet?

I don't think they export that much but still...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I'd hate it to cross to humans.. the mortality rate is staggering and there is no real cure.

For some odd reason I'm reminded of that Kirk Douglas movie, The Vikings, where at the conclusion of the movie his half-brother stabs him in the gut and Douglas frantically asks for a sword to hold up as he says, "Odin!" and dies, except this time he says "Bacon!" before he flops backwards. You know, having been stabbed in the bacon chakra and all.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

The solution to this, and bird flu, and Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis, and brain lesions associated with Alzheimer's, and world hunger is ... don't eat meat, eat other sources of protein.

Meat is the easiest way to get protein and we are built for digesting it.

However, more for me and I respect your religion.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'm wondering now if ninjas know about the bacon chakra.

It would explain a lot.

I'm learning new things tonight!!!

And someone seriously needs to take that "Vikings" clip and dub "bacon" in there.

For the children, of course.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Chances are that if you are going to find Asian pork anywhere in a US grocery store, it is going to be in a can.
Not sure but maybe things like Vienna Sausages, or canned spam, they might be made in China,
I have never checked.

I know a lot of canned vegetables are from china.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So anamal rights activists have found an good way to get people off meat.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We just bought seven pounds of bacon this week...for our blind cat, we will be lucky if we eat a pound out of the seven. That will keep the cat happy for maybe five weeks. I think maybe getting thirty pounds of canned bacon for the cat...just in case... might be a good idea.

That four year old cudly white blind cat turns into a demon who drags everything off of tables and counters if he doesn't have his bacon. Teddybears and stuffed animals are everywhere, stuff we didn't even know we still had winds up on the floor or steps. How can a blind teenaged cat cause so much mischief?

He was a lot better before he got addicted to bacon, the withdrawals are terrible.

Chuckled when reading 'Canned bacon', then googled it just for fun...
OMG: it really exists!

Canned Bacon

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Chances are that if you are going to find Asian pork anywhere in a US grocery store, it is going to be in a can.
Not sure but maybe things like Vienna Sausages, or canned spam, they might be made in China,
I have never checked.

I know a lot of canned vegetables are from china.

Full disclosure.. I learned today that how I eat has a name!

(Why does everything need a technical name?)

About 5% or so of my diet is red meat, so now I'm a "flexitarian".

Does that sound stupid or what?

However, bacon is my favorite cheat.

That and ham... I trade with a neighbor a few bottles of my wine for a sugar-cured ham shoulder every winter and gnaw on it for a year.

Gotta love Mennonites.

So beyond the possibility of this virus changing a vector and becoming something bad for humanity, I would miss pork.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

What red-blooded survivalist is going to go through the apocalypse without bacon?

Of COURSE there is canned bacon.

To eat with your powdered eggs and coffee before doing the rounds at your compound...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm assuming the article regards points from August 2018 since I went to the link and one of the pics shows workers cleaning a pig containment area dated August. As it isn't August yet, this info is almost a year old and bacon and other pork prices haven't sky rocketed yet. Maybe the info is slow to get out and/or receive.

I just bought 15# of bacon about a month ago and paid regular price. But since you've brought this to our attention, I will probably partake of it a little less often than I had originally planned. Oh well.

One thing I would like to mention is that many large pig farms in the US are actually owned by the chinese. But also, many small pig farmers sell to large pig manufacturing businesses I know several small pig farmers (like less than 2,000 pigs) and I will get pork from them, except bacon. I usually order it in large quantities. I have space for pigs but they are so incredibly stinky I refuse to have them. I will settle for chickens, ducks, geese and goats.

These mass meat production places are ripe for disease. I remember when the bird flu was infecting large chicken farms in the US a few years ago. Millions of chickens lost. They at one point, tried to blame it on backyard chicken flocks. Funny thing is, I don't know any backyard chicken farmers that lost ANY chickens to disease, including myself. Thankfully, the powers that be moved their accusations of the infections to birds that fly over.

They really don't know how it started.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: rickymouse
We just bought seven pounds of bacon this week...for our blind cat, we will be lucky if we eat a pound out of the seven. That will keep the cat happy for maybe five weeks. I think maybe getting thirty pounds of canned bacon for the cat...just in case... might be a good idea.

That four year old cudly white blind cat turns into a demon who drags everything off of tables and counters if he doesn't have his bacon. Teddybears and stuffed animals are everywhere, stuff we didn't even know we still had winds up on the floor or steps. How can a blind teenaged cat cause so much mischief?

He was a lot better before he got addicted to bacon, the withdrawals are terrible.

Chuckled when reading 'Canned bacon', then googled it just for fun...
OMG: it really exists!

Canned Bacon

Some of that canned bacon is really good, My mother used to order it by the case. It is precooked and is like buying four two and a half ounce packages of the pre-cooked bacon strips at the store. When you have about twelve ounces of bacon it cooks down to about two and a half ounces of bacon. So, the can is about three and a half pounds of cooked down bacon I think. My daughter ordered a can not long ago and was super impressed with the quality, I do not know what brand she bought.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Bacon threads usually get lots of stars and flags. Some make it to the front page they do so well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join