It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now this is a dog !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmmm Taxonomically aren't wolves and dogs essentially extremely close within the family?

Either way, what ever wolf head was found would be genetically nothing like what we have now days.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow, just imagine the size of the sticks that thing will bring back when you take it out for a walk!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Hmmm Taxonomically aren't wolves and dogs essentially extremely close within the family?

Yes, I posted the chart on the previous page, they share a common wolf-like ancestor.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Funny you should mention that...

I was just reading about Romeo, the Black Wolf of Alaska, that use to play with the human's dogs, and even play fetch with some humans.
This lasted for about 6 years.....until some human hunter killed him.

Check out the size of Romeo compared to Big dogs......yes dire wolves still exist.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sure would keep any potential crooks out of my yard.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The history of our four legged friends will not see the light of the day until the Kennel club fades away.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: schuyler
Really?

Yeah, really:

The dog and the extant gray wolf are sister taxa as modern wolves are not closely related to the wolves that were first domesticated, which implies that the direct ancestor of the dog is extinct.

Dogs and wolves are classified differently, otherwise the species would be either canis lupus or canis familiaris for both.

This is from your source.

I love this post for two reasons. 1) You schooled grumpy Schuyler, using his own source. 2) This is the first post I have EVER read from you which has actual information that applies to the topic and isn't just a dumb joke.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
It's remotely possible the Dire Wolves aren't extinct...

Not sure what it is, but it isn't a giant black wolf. Wolves stay in packs or they die. There wouldn't be one lone giant wolf just lounging in the woods in Mississippi.

Furthermore, how do they breed if they're so scarce? This is the problem with most cryptozoology like bigfoot and chupacabra as well as sea or lake monsters. There has to be enough of them to exist.

They have to be able to find each other without ever being discovered and officially documented in science and they have had to do that for thousands of years alongside mankind without ever advancing in numbers despite obviously being the biggest, baddest, scariest predators.
edit on 6/13/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
I love this post for two reasons. 1) You schooled grumpy Schuyler, using his own source.

Well, not everyone is right all the time and I like Schuyler anyway.

2) This is the first post I have EVER read from you which has actual information that applies to the topic and isn't just a dumb joke.

I'm flattered you've read all my posts, it's a little odd but it's also hot in a stalker-chick sort of way.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Really cool. Reminds me of this guy who stayed by a family of wolves for a while for a documentary. They eventually even left him alone to look after their pups as they went out to look for food.

Very cool animals. Sucks poachers killed Romeo. They should meet the same fate.

edit on 13-6-2019 by FauxMulder because: Russians hacked my keyboard

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

edit on 6132019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

edit on 6132019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

(post by Raggedyman removed for a manners violation)
(post by 35Foxtrot removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Well, I agree about needing a pack and a breeding population ... but... it could be part of a pack and the video was shot in the brush of Canada from what I can glean, not the States. Oh, and the dog was reportedly grabbed on it's rear end and flipped into the air, but lived and was relatively unhurt.

I looked at it on a big screen and ran the few frames with the beasty in it and it sure looks like a wolf about the size of a Shetland pony.

Either way, it seems to be a legit capture of a huge wolf... call it dire, if ya want.

I'm just the bedraggled messenger.

edit on 6/13/2019 by Baddogma because: added info-subtracted garbage.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OK, folks.

We're discussing a rather interesting discovery about a big ol' wolf.

Enough of the off topic nonsense.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

there must be some massive 32 inch wolves running about out there!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Giant wolves. This would corroborate stories about animals and humans being much much bigger back then, such as stories of giants. Now we only need to find the giant skeleton of a human, and for governments not to try to hide such findings.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Oh ya thats a big guy. I seen this video some years ago, think it was up in Canada. And they do get pretty big up there and not just wolfs, generally everything is a bit bigger as you head up into north Canada and into Alaska. The dog survived, with just minor injuries as they chased it off.

I also was watching one were a guy tied up his dog and left it out there, dont know were it was at, but it was around the same time I seen that video. Then and a mother bear ran into the area with cubs from what I remember, the dog naturally barked at it, then the bear went for it, and all you heard was squeaks as he was trying to get away but was tied up.

If somebody was not there to film it and scare the bear away. That would have been one chewed up dog for sure. Most dogs dont have any sense, would run up at something that much bigger then them for who knows what crazy reason.
edit on 10pmThursdaypm132019f4pmThu, 13 Jun 2019 22:26:06 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

so this is where the dire wolf myths come froM!

look at the size of that thing, imagine having to pick up its poop in a wee black bag !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join