It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillette: Transgender Shaving Ad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Because it's trendy

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

The deal is, Gillette is not the ones doing this, per se. It's the management of Gillette. Now, who is the management of Gillette? That would be the managers who got their position because of their education... education that was obtained in one of the many universities that have been in the news recently for promoting political causes.

Our universities are no longer producing business people... they are producing hypnotized automatons who know only what they learned in a class taught by a professor with a political agenda or a book written by an author with a political agenda. So, when they have completed their four-year program of education indoctrination, they know only how to advance the policies taught to them by the university they attended.

One might be tempted to ask, why, then, are universities allowing these professors to teach political agendas using textbooks that promote political agendas? That is simple: money. Universities make a great deal of their money form grants given to students under the watchful eye of their professors. In fact, the university I attended takes 50% of any incoming grant money for "managing the grant." That's a fancy way of saying that since grants are generally only available to universities through tenured professors, they deserve half of the money for providing the service of being a university with a tenured professor.

So universities hire professors who can get grant money. Now, who gets grant money? Why, the people who are researching what those providing the grant money want researched! That would be, in the majority of the cases, the government. Government agencies provide the vast bulk of grant money.

But why do they allow the politically biased textbooks? They don't. The professors choose the textbooks required for their classes, with minimum university oversight. So what we have:

Universities want grant money from the government. To get it, universities hire professors who can get that grant money from a purely partisan government. The professors choose textbooks that align with their own biases and teach their students based on those biased textbooks. Those students then enter the workplace and put their indoctrinated biases into effect. The university makes money from the grant, the professor makes money from their job based on their ability to get the grant, the student gets good grades for accepting indoctrination and therefore gets a good job, and the government gets to spread their own partisan biases throughout society. And there's no questions asked.

Who loses? in this case, Gillette, it's stockholders, it's employees, and anyone who liked the product.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

" sociopathic virtue signaling exploitation" Those are some pretty heavy words friend. Do you disagree that men are being told to be more like women?. Men and Women are not the same..that's the beauty of it.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
This sort of sociopathic virtue signaling exploitation is going to continue happening until people stop reacting to it and posting it all over the internet. Just stop talking about it and use a different product.

While I don't think my view on this comes from the same sentiment, I can at least appreciate you have a great point.

Free market people, just don't buy it.

Personally I think that men feeling attacked is one of the biggest problems. I really don't see a diffence in people finding offense to products they don't have to consume and some college twats flipping about a speech they don't have to go to.

It's hilarious to me that some people would rather feel assaulted that a dying company who couldn't keep up with the market is trying to find new avenues than see the writing on the wall.

What's worse, the person so susceptible to a marketing campaign they'll buy a product even though it's not the best or being offended by that ploy?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: sooth

" sociopathic virtue signaling exploitation" Those are some pretty heavy words friend. Do you disagree that men are being told to be more like women?. Men and Women are not the same..that's the beauty of it.

It's almost like it was designed that way by nature. Two pieces of the same puzzle that compliment their strengths and weaknesses together, thereby creating the perfect environment.

But no, that's way to simplistic and rooted in thousands of years of natural evolution. Let's just throw that garbage out for some new age sudo intellectualist ideals....cuz my mental health feelz.....

Lolzz....

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Do you disagree that men are being told to be more like women?. Men and Women are not the same..that's the beauty of it.

I think it's more about getting people to fall in line and show they're willing to play ball.

After all, the whole conversation is about men feeling the need to shave their face with a razor. It's not seen as a commodity as much as a necessity to many. Hence why the math done by Gillettes competors implies it's a daily task.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

"Our universities are no longer producing business people... they are producing hypnotized automatons who know only what they learned in a class taught by a professor with a political agenda or a book written by an author with a political agenda. So, when they have completed their four-year program of education indoctrination, they know only how to advance the policies taught to them by the university they attended.

Unfortunately dead accurate!! And it's serious problem that needs more attention!!

Our Universities are little concentration camps!

That's why you see these Antifa tampons marching all over the place!

These "Kids" have been sold a bouquet of hate. They act awfully upset but, when someone asks why...they have no idea.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

"Our universities are no longer producing business people... they are producing hypnotized automatons who know only what they learned in a class taught by a professor with a political agenda or a book written by an author with a political agenda. So, when they have completed their four-year program of education indoctrination, they know only how to advance the policies taught to them by the university they attended.

Unfortunately dead accurate!! And it's serious problem that needs more attention!!

Our Universities are little concentration camps!

That's why you see these Antifa tampons marching all over the place!

These "Kids" have been sold a bouquet of hate. They act awfully upset but, when someone asks why...they have no idea.

The tides are turning though, no longer is a "degree' an automatic placement for most jobs.

In fact, in the near future, I see most business that are actually concerned with hiring those that can produce (for the bottom) line, rejecting most of recent graduates for those with more practical education and experience.

I, for one, as a business owner wouldn't place ANY weight in a college education over anyone with even the slightest bit of experience. It's literally a worthless piece of paper, if anything else, it just signifies ones financial gullibility.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I can respect the marketing avenue they take. If we shave daily more money. I haven't straight razor-ed in close to 10 years. No beard here..just a bit of stuble.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
College student in 2010's.

I spent thousands of dollars for a worthless institution to tell you(a successful business) that my lack of experience and complete disconnect from the real world is a financial benefit to what you've established through hard work and real world experience.

Give me 100K a year, cuz diversity......

Signed, some fricken retard you wouldn't trust to cut your lawn as well as a 12 year old from the 1990's..

No thanks.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Looks like my decision to no longer buy Gillette products after they implied that I engaged in or was somehow responsible for "toxic masculinity" was a sound one.

I bought a double edged razor, some shave cream, and some blades. I then taught myself how to shave again. Now I get a closer shave for cheaper. Thanks Gillette!

The free market is a fickle mistress. Get woke, go broke.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I find that post very soothing, intelligence can't be taught. No knock on the "educated" but life is situational...having 17 degrees does not make you more prepared to deal with life...and the boomerangs thrown. Certainly doctors and the higher level of education that matters do us a great service but...why am I supposed to be impressed with a business major that can't sell 20 bucks of Hendricks for 10 bucks?

link   
dup
edit on 27-5-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

link   

I can respect the marketing avenue they take. If we shave daily more money. I haven't straight razor-ed in close to 10 years. No beard here..just a bit of stuble.

Thats the point though.

Gillette is in a rut. Marketing had convinced men society expected them to groom. Look around now, and a trimmed beard is now acceptable, and depending on your industry, you can let it loose more now.

So now they're trying to sell the idea it's some sort of milestone for a transgendered person they "get to shave". Men are sold that it's an inconvenience and their product makes it easier... They're willing to sell a different message to those who want to be men.

Ideologically I can't help but to laugh at both sides.

This is just marketing, effective or not, that's the goal.

And when you're good enough at marketing, you can sell Volkswagens to hippies. You make it so trendy a person who is against being convinced by "the man" to be mainstream get swindled into buying nazi cars. They love the beetle, think about that.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Agreed. I only have a GED. I had the credits to graduate, but the school lost a doctor's excuse and screwed me out of a HS diploma on an attendance policy. I constantly have to correct my subordinates attention to detail, spelling, and grammar. All of my subordinates are more "educated" than I am. Two even hold masters degrees.

College degrees nowadays are much like the Constitution. They're just a GD piece of paper.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I find that post very soothing, intelligence can't be taught. No knock on the "educated" but life is situational...having 17 degrees does not make you more prepared to deal with life...and the boomerangs thrown. Certainly doctors and the higher level of education that matters do us a great service but...why am I supposed to be impressed with a business major that can't sell 20 bucks of Hendricks for 10 bucks?

Thanks, and that's really the crux of the recent winds of change happening.

Outside of the medical fields, and sadly the law fields. It's ironic how so many feel they need a college education to follow in the footsteps of those that pioneered the western world (that were largely uneducated) is nothing more than a pathetic late night infomercial sales pitch to follow in the footsteps of the great's like(insert tech giant here).

If you can't succeed on your own, a worthless piece of paper won't get you any further, other than further in debt.

Sure, if you want to be a doctor or lawyer, then goto college. Anything else and in most cases you are just fueling some anti american nonsense and fluffing some tenured professors lunacy by paying 5 figures to listen to their daytime TV nonsense while getting "educated".

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It's all about stature in society. I could have went to college, I decided to play Hockey and I am better off for it. What I learned on those bus trips at 19....Priceless.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It's all about stature in society. I could have went to college, I decided to play Hockey and I am better off for it. What I learned on those bus trips at 19....Priceless.

Is that a "puck bunny" reference?

I know it is.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Life is what you make of it man, not what they tell you it should be. Some of the most successful people I know we're written off by the paper credentials. I also know a few guys who owe Sally mae a boatload and are living at home. It's a dance..just go with it

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

What the hell is a puck bunny? lol

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It's all about perceived stature in society. I could have went to college, I decided to play Hockey and I am better off for it. What I learned on those bus trips at 19....Priceless.

*bold added by me.

What makes people induviduals is when they don't buy into societies definition. A man's man is the guy who doesn't do pissing contests but if his hand is forced he devolves into an ape and dominates. Or is a man's man the guy who has a tea party with his daughter and braid her hair after? Wait, or is it the guy who finds balance?

In my mind, its a guy who decided how he'll define himself without worrying about what others think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join