It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Saudi Oil Tankers Targeted in Sunday's 'Sabotage Attack' Near Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

this is not looking good..

Saudi Arabia's Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said on Monday that two Saudi oil tankers were targeted on Sunday in "a sabotage attack" off the coast of Fujairah, part of the United Arab Emirates, threatening the security of global oil supplies.

If this was Iran or someone posing as Iran, it seems the stage is being set.
Attacking Saudi Arabian Oil transports in the gulf will be a spark on the new war.
Saudi V Iran..

The attack did not lead to any casualties or an oil spill but caused significant damage to the structures of the two vessels, he added.

how odd.. and no photos either.. suspicious!

www.express.co.uk...

It came just hours after Iranian and Lebanese media outlets aired false reports of explosions at the nearby Emirati port in Fujairah, which bunkers and ships oil.

It gave coordinates of the alleged sabotage, putting it just north of Fujairah.

Somethings a foot..

I'm not a Q addict.. but this was too much of a coincidence..
BOOM WEEK AHEAD.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
No telling what is really going on, but the drums of war are getting louder.

GENEVA, May 12 (Reuters) - A senior Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander said on Sunday the U.S. military presence in the Gulf used to be a serious threat but now represents a target, the Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA) reported.

The U.S. military has sent forces, including an aircraft carrier and B-52 bombers, to the Middle East in a move that U.S. officials said was made to counter "clear indications" of threats from Iran to American forces in the region.

The USS Abraham Lincoln is replacing another carrier rotated out of the Gulf last month.

news.trust.org...

They better hope their god is on their side for if they start something they are going to need all the help they can get.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
There was a thread this morning saying 4 tankers were sabotaged. Is this an additional two tanker ?
ATS thread

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I am %100 sure that is pay rolled CIA assets are in the business, face it.. If it was the Iranians and their factions, they would/could have done this since the beginning of their local conflicts.

These crap all started suddenly a couple of days ago not even a week (after the U.S managed to move its armed forces back and forth) from the area! Again.. ”they’ve been constantly in Persian Gulf since the mid 80’s” …

What has been changed since? Threat and conflicts always been there, international merchant traffics were there, political problems, all in one package since ww2.

What is new then..?

My guess is the Gulf of Tonkin incident try out again, but this time Arabs should pay for it because U.S wasted trillions on that area and is already broke.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

GENEVA, May 12 (Reuters) - A senior Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander said on Sunday the U.S. military presence in the Gulf used to be a serious threat but now represents a target, the Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA) reported.

The U.S. military has sent forces, including an aircraft carrier and B-52 bombers, to the Middle East in a move that U.S. officials said was made to counter "clear indications" of threats from Iran to American forces in the region.

The USS Abraham Lincoln is replacing another carrier rotated out of the Gulf last month.

news.trust.org...

They better hope their god is on their side for if they start something they are going to need all the help they can get.

It's not the 90s Iran has a decent enough military to strike back. Iran has cruise missiles, S-300 ( probably an S400 variant) Bavar anti-aircraft platforms. They also have kilo submarines that can launch surface to air cruise missiles from the sea. They also have thousands of missiles that can accurately hit US bases and aircraft carriers out in the sea.

Iraq has no capability like this in the 1990s or 2003. Iraq had no proxy armies to strikeout too. Iran has militias in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq and Afganistan that will be activated in a time of war. They probably have Quds sleeper cells embedded in Middle Eastern Capitals also, waiting to be given the order to attack.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I do not think the Saudi's are allies.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesushere

news.trust.org...

It's not the 90s Iran has a decent enough military to strike back. Iran has cruise missiles, S-300 ( probably an S400 variant) Bavar anti-aircraft platforms. They also have kilo submarines that can launch surface to air cruise missiles from the sea. They also have thousands of missiles that can accurately hit US bases and aircraft carriers out in the sea.

Iraq has no capability like this in the 1990s or 2003. Iraq had no proxy armies to strikeout too. Iran has militias in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq and Afganistan that will be activated in a time of war. They probably have Quds sleeper cells embedded in Middle Eastern Capitals also, waiting to be given the order to attack.

All made of wood with swamp coolers on the back to propel them

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I do not think the Saudi's are allies.

they are not allies with the USA... but they are allies of Donald Trump

he could of been great.. but if this war starts... it wont end well for the history books

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The US enacted sanctions against Iran following its unilateral abandonment of the nuclear treaty are really beginning to take effect in Iran.
As a result President Rouhani is coming under immense domestic pressure from hardliners within Iran.

Iranian politics are incredibly complicated and entwined with religious dogma and dictates.
There are numerous religious and political factions vying for power and influence.

Rouhani is regarded as something of a moderate but has found it difficult to implement many of the more 'liberal' policies he had intended.
With sanctions hitting hard and Iran's proxies coming under increasing pressure the vultures are now circling.

If groups like The Haghani Circle and by extension Hojjatieh gain pre-eminence then there can be but one outcome.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Personally I find it odd there there are multiple incidents only being described as sabotage without details to explain their accusation.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Personally I find it odd there there are multiple incidents only being described as sabotage without details to explain their accusation.

and no photos... but significant damage.

Iran came out and warned people not to fall for it and demanded an investigation.

what ever the west/saudi says next will show their true intent.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

My guess is the west will make an unverifiable claim of sorts of "we believe this was carried out by Iranian proxies".

It could be backtracked if need be, but it would serve its short term purpose of justifying ramped up rhetoric.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesushere

The reality is, the US could take out Iran's command, and control structure in a matter of days, if not hours, if it came to it.

The "false flag" aspect should not be dismissed though. The only way the citizens of the US would be on board with that type of action, would be if it was in response to an attack on the US, or one of it's "allies".

Now I don't think SA is an ally, in the sense that GB, Australia, or even Israel is, but they are smart enough to realize without US support, chaos would ensue.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
We do not need to go on faith to believe Iranian proxies may be responsible because they have already made open threats to attack Abu Dhabi as a legitimate military target due to their coalition activity in Yemen.

They have quite the drone capacity too thanks to Iran.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sorry, I can't read Arabic.
What does it say in the chart you posted?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

We do not need to go on faith to believe Iranian proxies may be responsible because they have already made open threats to attack Abu Dhabi as a legitimate military target due to their coalition activity in Yemen.

Fact and evidence > faith and plausibility.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesushere

news.trust.org...

Ok. Time to re educate.
1. The carrier will strike outside the Gulf on open sea where those subs you mention will be screwed.
2. Those missiles Iran has will hit the bases i agree,and its why they have bunkers strong enough to survive them. Iran dont have bunker busters last time I checked. As for the carrier that's why it would be outside their range of those in a open conflict.
3. F 22 and 35 weapons can strike the Sams outside their detection zones.
4. Carrier strike group has Ciws able to track to surface now,and Searam as well. 95 percent hit rate with Searam,per missile. Still a few might get through.
Poin is Iran will be screwed after we demolish their Oil,water,gas,and power.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Well you could always click the image to visit source link, but in summary the chart is drone strike data and capabilities released by the houthi telegram channel. It claims since July 26 and up to the date of the article analysis (Nov. 8 2018) that they carried out 21 drone strikes and incursions utilizing five different drone models. The conflict armaments research has analyzed the qasef-1 as an Iranian design And production which supports the accusations of material support by Iran. The other four drone models had not yet been assessed for parts and origin.

They made repeated uncorroborated claims of attacking the UAE airport with great success, despite there being no evidence to support. Now I say, they finally succeeded with one and they were told to clam up by the irgc for fear of the consequences. Iran can talk a big game, but when it comes time for them to accept responsibility they deny and point fingers.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Thank you.
Wasn't being arsey, just wondered what it said and as there was no link provided I was pretty much clueless to the detail.

Most images posted are just that, images.
Now that I know I can click on the image and read the related article I will.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
The majority of images I post are usually also hyperlinks to the source articles. Especially when I am updating the numerous ww3 threads of the varying conflict zones. I do my best to properly credit And source all data collected and posted on the lengthy and growing Great War of the 21st century spanning all the globe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join