It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at the science behind climate change

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Phage, you mostly get it. Right up until the CO2 stuff. I truly believe you are too smart to buy it hook line and sinker so why pitch for that incorrect vector?

What is the perfect temp for the Earth average temp?

Silly to think something is wrong and not have an Avg Temp of the Earth in mind. Do you?

Mainly geological changes from the Solar activity that I still believe is changing Magma fields on Earth. Magma is why ice melts in the coldest places, IMO.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Standard deviation of what?

The range of uncertainty is shown.
edit on 5/5/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Predictive models are awesome until they're not predictive any more.

Precisely. Something seems to be mucking up the natural cycles. Models which take increasing CO2 concentrations into account seem to have a pretty good handle on things.

Whereas we have predictions like this, not so much:

“In 2001, I put my reputation on the line and published my predictions for entering a global cooling cycle about 2007 (plus or minus 3-5 years), based on past glacial, ice core, and other data. As right now, my prediction seems to be right on target and what we would expect from the past climatic record, but the IPCC prediction is getting farther and farther off the mark. With the apparent solar cooling cycle upon us, we have a ready explanation for global warming and cooling. If the present cooling trend continues, the IPCC reports will have been the biggest farce in the history of science.”

Don Easterbrook

Get back to me when it is statistically significant. NOTICE the Range of the data. That graph is dishonest when the scale is not labeled. Temp ranges are WAY more than 1.2 Degree C or F. To think that 1.2 Degree or 3 Degree is really statistically significant on the Actual Scale of the data, is CHERRY PICKING.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Climate change is a great teacher.

Climate change: "Do you see the climate changing?"
Student: "Yes. Isn't it always changing?"
Climate change: "Yes. You passed. Next."

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

That is a meaningless question. The problem is not with the temperature, it is with the increase in heat contained within the climate system, the oceans and atmosphere. As that heat increases, changes in climate are induced.

Silly to think something is wrong and not have an Avg Temp of the Earth in mind. Do you?
What's silly is to think that a rapidly warming planet will not rapidly change climates and have large impacts on civilization.

Mainly geological changes from the Solar activity that I still believe is changing Magma fields on Earth.
I don't suppose that's based on actual data?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

To think that 1.2 Degree or 3 Degree is really statistically significant on the Actual Scale of the data, is CHERRY PICKING.

Do you understand the difference between temperature and heat? A small change in temperature in a system as massive as the atmosphere and oceans represents a huge change.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That is a meaningless question. The problem is not with the temperature, it is with the increase in heat contained within the climate system, the oceans and atmosphere. As that heat increases, changes in climate are induced.

What's silly is to think that a rapidly warming planet will not rapidly change climates and have large impacts on civilization.

Mainly geological changes from the Solar activity that I still believe is changing Magma fields on Earth.

No it is not meaningless. Plus, the heat is latent heat that is being pushed to the surface of the Mantle. Wa lah we have found our source of ice melt.
edit on 5-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I don't suppose you have any data to back that claim up.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

To think that 1.2 Degree or 3 Degree is really statistically significant on the Actual Scale of the data, is CHERRY PICKING.

Do you understand the difference between temperature and heat?

Now i'm doubting that you do.
Temp and heat are forms of expression for ENERGY.

The Energy of the Earth is pushing HEATED magma to new locations and the Earth is telling us this with quakes and volcanoes and Ice melting from underneath.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I don't suppose you have any data to back that claim up.

I dont suppose the last ten years of what I have shared with you mattered if Hawking himself had handed it to you. Just like silly, you have been shown over, and over again. And still you parrot the faux story. STILL.

You have sharpened my skills for my peers, Thank you Phage.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

OH man, Temp and heat are forms of expression for ENERGY.
Yeah. Temperature is a measure of the kinetic energy of molecules. Heat is a measure of the energy contained in a system. Which contains more heat, a gallon of water at 100º or a swimming pool at 70º?

The Energy of the Earth is pushing HEATED magma to new locations and the Earth is telling us this with quakes and volcanoes and Ice melting from underneath.
Yes, magma is hot. But it's not causing the Earth to rapidly heat up. That's being caused by CO2 preventing as much infrared radiation from escaping to space.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
See you all tomorrow, I have to rest this body so I can concentrate on true data.

And that CO2 story is old and won't sell to the rest of us who make our living looking at the true data.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I look forward to you providing some data, about magma and stuff.

And that CO2 story is old
Yup, goes back to the 70s, at least.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'm pretty sure all the gasoline we are burning everyday is causing a pollution problem.
This is not even what they are talking about when they say Climate Change is man-made. They are telling us that co2 is a pollutant and that is what is causing Climate Change. Co2 is what you breathe out every few seconds. Did they forget to tell you that in your Common Core re education science class ? And now they are trying to tell us that cows farting methane gas is now a problem so we can’t have beef anymore and now silly restaurants in California are going meat-free and charging extra fees to fight “Climate Change” And you know what, they had to change the terminology from Global Warming to Climate Change because now we are in s cooling phase controlled by a quiescent sun cycle so they have to change it to hide the real agenda, which is totalitarian control by the ruling elites. We are in a Solar Minimum which any scientist in that field worth their salt should know but it’s politically driven and they need their research grants ... and all this and the Green New Deal are just part of Agenda 21, a totalitarian global control. It’s even spelled out in the UN documents that affluence is evil and selfish. How dare we Americans eat cows when half the world barely has a little rice. No they have to convince us that thevworjd is going to end in 12 years if we don’t stop eating beef ... it’s so ludicrous.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

OH man, Temp and heat are forms of expression for ENERGY.
Yeah. Temperature is a measure of the kinetic energy of molecules. Heat is a measure of the energy contained in a system. Which contains more heat, a gallon of water at 100º or a swimming pool at 70º?

Yes, magma is hot. But it's not causing the Earth to rapidly heat up. That's being caused by CO2 preventing as much infrared radiation from escaping to space.

I guess all that volcanic activity didn’t heat up the planet when the dinosaurs were around either. Last time I checked, Ellen Degeneres was still the face of Exxon energy on the dinosaur ride at EPCOT. I wonder if they pay her royalties for that.
edit on 6-5-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So would a rapidly cooling planet then be the reverse of that... you know, like the cooling phase of a Solar Minimum which even NASA knows we are in ? www.thenewamerican.com...
edit on 6-5-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The biggest problem I have with AGW is the fact that warmer temps and more CO2 will naturally take care of itself: ie, more plant growth which uses(sequesters) more carbon to grow more plant life. That's literally where we get our coal from today.

As others have stated, pollution is not good for human or animal/plant life. That is independent of CO2 caused global warming. We as a species are responsible for our pollution and should do anything we can to reduce it as much as possible. Carbon credits/taxes is not going to do that.

Another point someone else brought up, there are now over 7 billion humans on the planet now. More people breathing is going to have some kind of affect on the atmospheric CO2 levels right? If more cows are harming the environment then more humans must also have an impact right?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Call me in around... say... 14 years, if you're still around, I'd love to here your take on the data then

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Humans haven't been around long enough to collect the data which has to been done by checking thousands of years ago

The earth we through dramatic heat and cold spells with zero human influence in the past.

But if you want to get millions of people to keep. Busy on a impossible task then climate change is a good way

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The question is.....
What IS the Normal AVERAGE temperature of the Earth ?
No , not a silly response like "climatologists" would provide , only dating back 50 years.
I mean the TRUE normal.

The definitive question that never gets asked.

edit on 5/6/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join