It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bay Area Rapid Transit hides crimes because criminals were "minorities"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I came across this video where they are talking about the Bay area rapid transit - San Fran / Oakland train system. There had been a series of terribly violent assaults on passengers, mainly by blacks targeting whites (among other races) and it was clear the attacks were racially motivated as they were all caught on camera. I heard reports of brass knuckles being used in the knock out game, hitting in the teeth and worse.

On top of all this, they created an app (in coordination with Portland I believe) to allow users to report "incidences" and they could report descriptions of the perpetrator - which will include race. Both cities had to stop using the app because it showed one race being extremely violent and aggressive towards others, almost entirely one race.

The reason these issues are important is because government services are actively covering up criminal acts (not even prosecuting in many cases) and not reporting the attacks. This puts citizens in danger b/c they don't know what areas to avoid, what circumstances may be more dangerous than others, etc. They do all this b/c they don't want people to draw racist conclusions from the attacks.

The woman even goes as far as to say that if the offenders had been white, they most likely would have reported these assaults (and I'm sure pressed charges). When you watch this, keep in mind that this is just the examples that you see, and like with cockroaches, with every one that you see, there are 100+ that you don't.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

This is already known. Can't have anything against the narrative.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This is already known. Can't have anything against the narrative.

You mean this event was "known" to the board, or this issue in general was "known". I kind of had a feeling that this was the case, but I've never heard a government official come out and say it like this woman did, that is why I found this worth posting. The other parts seems like it could have been in any other large city, but her confession towards the end and the questions that the reporter asked is what is unique to this situation, from what I've seen on the MSM.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Total BS answers. They are just afraid due to financial reasons.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I read reports on this a while back. This is 2017.

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’

April 22: Forty to sixty kids boarded a train at the Coliseum stop and robbed seven passengers, beating up two;

June 28: A group of four kids assaulted a passenger and made off with a cell phone at Dublin; and

June 30: A woman on a train with about a dozen teenagers had her phone snatched by one them before the group got off at the Coliseum stop. Thankfully, a good Samaritan was on hand to retrieve the phone.

So far, BART has refused to turn over surveillance video for any of these incidents.

Allen told us the agency issued an explanation for why it is being tight-lipped about the thefts.

“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Did you watch the video or just comment? I'm wondering if you are disagreeing with the premise or what the BART rep actually said.

I think their actions support both issues. They can hide the violence and not be liable for not preventing it, but it seems they might be digging a deeper hole by doing this. Once they know there is a problem and they actively cover it up, I smell lawsuits by people who get injured.

I was really shocked that with all that was going on BART decides that their major problem/concern is "turn-style hopping" (avoiding fare).

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I read reports on this a while back. This is 2017.

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’

April 22: Forty to sixty kids boarded a train at the Coliseum stop and robbed seven passengers, beating up two;

June 28: A group of four kids assaulted a passenger and made off with a cell phone at Dublin; and

June 30: A woman on a train with about a dozen teenagers had her phone snatched by one them before the group got off at the Coliseum stop. Thankfully, a good Samaritan was on hand to retrieve the phone.

So far, BART has refused to turn over surveillance video for any of these incidents.

Allen told us the agency issued an explanation for why it is being tight-lipped about the thefts.

“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Good find. I'll look for the same issue in Portland as I think they partnered or worked jointly on a program to monitor the trains. The article leaves out the end where the BART rep says they are going to focus on the "real problem" of people jumping over the ticket-gate & not paying - it isn't their riders safety with which they are concerned, but their revenue.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Isn't it racist to discriminate about assaults because of race?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why a transportation agency has the audacity to think it can orchestrate racial harmony through it's own policies and corporate guidelines is indicative of the mental issues California liberals suffer from.

Why the black community isn't(or wasn't) absolutely insulted by this is VERY telling. They obviously agree with such decisions because God forbid anyone has to exercise some personal responsibility.

That's alright. California is 2.3 trillion in debt and their tax base is leaving in droves! Soon enough, no one will be able to cover up anything...

...because make no mistake, this IS what this is.

A cover up to maintain a voter base. PERIOD.

Pandering, UNFORTUNATELY seems to be acceptable in certain communities.
..smh

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: musicismagic

Did you watch the video or just comment? I'm wondering if you are disagreeing with the premise or what the BART rep actually said.

I think their actions support both issues. They can hide the violence and not be liable for not preventing it, but it seems they might be digging a deeper hole by doing this. Once they know there is a problem and they actively cover it up, I smell lawsuits by people who get injured.

I was really shocked that with all that was going on BART decides that their major problem/concern is "turn-style hopping" (avoiding fare).

I did watch the video.
She just seem to be giving "intellectual " answers all the time. So maybe that is why I came up with my thinking.
Something does need to be done though. Fines are not going to help since the idiots doing this have no real money.
But if they are minors, and have parents on the govt assist. maybe they can start taking money out of that .

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I agree, we need quotas. We can only investigate one assault by black people for every 10 done by white people.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The FBI crime statistics do this with Latinx population.

The last time I looked at the online stats, there is a line for each metropolitan area with "latino of any race" as victims of violent crime.

But there is no independent listing of latino as perpetrators of crime. They are lumped in with either white or black (or asian for what most people call Phillipino).

People noticed this in the trial of the Zimmerman dude for the murder of Trayvon Martin. Newscasters were puzzled the crime report referred to Zimmerman as "White Hispanic."

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

White Hispanic is someone from Hispania, Spain. Zimmerman's origins go to Peru, so he is not a white hispanic, he's a non white latino.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

wasn't my racial pigeon-holing, it was the FBI and the media.

I grew up working and living around people of Mexican Heritage. They always mocked the "Hispanic" label. "my parents didn't swim here from Hispania, wasn't that the pirate headquarters?!?!??"

Their complaint was that Puerto Riqueños from New York were always trying to represent themselves as the leaders and spokesmodels for everyone south of the Red River.

I think there was a fair amount of pro-mexican chauvinism with respect to the rest of "Latin America"

EDIT TO ADD:

You should have heard the outcry in my area when the role for SELENA was going to be played by Jennifer Lopez (then an unknown back-up dancer on "in living color"). The very fact that they would have a New Yorker who wasn't even of Mexican heritage play SANTISSIMA SELENA was an outrage.... further proof of Mexicans being whitewashed by the east coast elites up there in hockey-land.
edit on 10-4-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I finally got a chance to watch the OP video.

Wow. Watching the two white chicks dance around the elephant in the room....

They can't even talk about the problem, or the public's anger, for fear of being racially insensitive.

See, I think this is what the social justice warriors want; for the average (white) citizen to just shut down and stop talking. So no progress gets made, no consequences for the perps OR the BART board of directors, etc. We are all like robots and just shut down so we can't be accused of being racist.

Sometimes the FACTS are racist.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yes, it was the media in order to foster white-black racial hatred. Can't have racial hatred unless you have a white guy. He doesn't really look white and he personally identifies as a Peruvian Hispanic. He's half white and half Peruvian, so I Wouldn't have a problem with him claiming either, but Peruvian is what he claims.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
"They are just afraid due to financial reasons."

^^^^
THIS is the real reason their reporting of crime is suppressed. Nothing to do with race--despite some peoples' attempts to call it that. It's bad press and it cuts into profits because people will stay away. D.C. Metro does the same thing.

Reminds me of something D.C. Mayor Marion Barry [eye roll] said at his 1989 inauguration, as reported by the Washington Post:

"Outside of the killings, D.C. has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."

It's all good! Climb aboard!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

That falls flat on it's head, since they actually say it's about race, and they report the crimes just not the racial connection of the perpetrators.

But it's not about race .. yeah ok.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Did you notice that white woman #2 is a "director" of BART, and she keeps saying "I was told... they said... they explained that..."

I don't hear her doing a lot of directing. Not blaming her; just saying there are layers and layers of obfuscation.
edit on 10-4-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Gotta keep that narrative going strong. Soon it will be light skinned black people reported as white people committing crimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join