It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man buying meals and handing out cash at Waffle House murdered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Grambler

Look here. The world is a dangerous place. If you are going to be a good guy and start handing money out, you need to carry a gun. Crazy people exist everywhere.

You wouldn’t go to the Serengeti with a pork chop hanging from your neck without some protection. Anybody who pretends that nothing bad could happen, is soon to be proven wrong.

People did not used to act like they do today.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Absolutely!

Life means so little to some.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Look here. The world is a dangerous place. If you are going to be a good guy and start handing money out, you need to carry a gun. Crazy people exist everywhere.

You wouldn’t go to the Serengeti with a pork chop hanging from your neck without some protection. Anybody who pretends that nothing bad could happen, is soon to be proven wrong.

When? When was the world not full of people who would kill you for your stuff? I’ll wait..... what year was the world a safe place?

This, right now, is the safest it’s ever been, ever.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
As a disabled man in the UK, I became 'entitled' to a so-called 'motability car', which turned out to be an amazing Suzuki SUV, which is honestly a beautiful & quite powerful ride. Since taking ownership, you wouldn't believe how many hateful looks & nasty comments I hear about 'some disabled don't deserve the help'. It's poisonous. Before, I would face plain indifference or polite cheerfulness when people saw me parking up in disabled spaces & making my way into shops, for example. Now, the mood in the area seems to have darkened - it's very apparent that because I'm not quadraplegic, somehow I'm not disabled or needy enough to warrant the mobility support which the car provides. And ironically, it's not like I'm not paying for it, though of course because I can't work a normal job my income is from welfare. The cost of the car is £230 per month, which comes out of the allowance I already had.

I regularly count my blessings, and I'm constantly trying to figure out ways that I can break free of the need for welfare, and in some way become self-supporting. Until that day comes, I need the help, and I'm 'fortunate' that my disability is quite severe, hence I receive the help which less severe cases do not warrant. But for that 'favourable' condition, I actually spend my every waking minute in constant pain, which is more often than not severe, neuropathic, in my entire body, disabling to the point of being bedbound for ten hours of each day & stoked up on ridiculously high doses of morphine, tramadol, pregabalin, amitryptiline & codeine. So I'm 'fortunate' that I get the car. But the car doesn't change the suffering - it just changes the wellbeing of my family, knowing we're in a safe car that we can afford to maintain properly.

I will always maintain a generally conservative outlook, but I defend disability rights because I have long experience of the debilitating effects which unfold in a person's life when they become unchangingly incapacitated.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Agreed. People have no idea how amazing this world is right now compared to the #ty, brutal, unbearable hell it was for many thousands of years prior to the institution of modern laws & standards in manufacture, housing, political reform, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

To me this speaks to a growing feeling of entitlement from many people. I see it here in rural PA as well. People that feel hey, my neighbor got some sort of charity, why shouldn't I get it as well.

When I grew up people would have been ashamed of receiving charity for something they didn’t need. It used to be common courtesy.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

he was not killed for his stuff.
When? When was the world not full of people who would kill you for your stuff? I’ll wait..... what year was the world a safe place?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sickening to see how entitled some people are. It only highlights how undeserving they are from the beginning

Too bad there is no reliable way to filter these low lives out, although very generally speaking the people that haunt these types of places are the same ones you would find assaulting others, committing petty crimes, hooking and/or passed out half-dead from narcotics abuse.

The fact some other dirt bag would actually come to this entitled little brat's defense is all the more worrisome.

And some people wonder why we will never give up our firearms or right to carry them in public and use them to defense our lives. Sociopath POS' like the above styled are precisely the reason for this. That one is at you Shannon Watts and her lap dog D.Hog

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Is this why the mainstream position among the left is "normal gun owners bad, ban mythical 'assault rifles' and chastise anyone who shoots one of these dirt bag losers in self-defense"

?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That's just blatantly and absurdly false. Yes, they did. Always. Since the beginning of humankind. Read some history. The only thing that has changed is that people now have ridiculously easy acceas to guns, making it that much easier to kill people.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

That's just blatantly and absurdly false. Yes, they did. Always. Since the beginning of humankind. Read some history. The only thing that has changed is that people now have ridiculously easy acceas to guns, making it that much easier to kill people.

I can see history from my years I don't need to read it. I see your statement as the false one. Guns really?
edit on 10-4-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Sick case; read about this earlier today. Can't seem to locate a picture or description of the victim, though.

Killing someone because a GF or whatever complains about not getting something for free? Sick world.

And, to those claiming it's always been this way, that's just not true. It hasn't. Yes, there have always been violent people, but there are a lot more now than there used to be.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

Imagine sitting in a jail cell for the rest of your life over not getting your waffles paid for by a random stranger. Do you think it would ever sink in what an utterly stupid waste it was?

And the shooter went out to get his gun and came back. It's not like it was a snap decision of momentary rage.

He wont do life....

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
And a picture is worth a thousand words...i can't even tell if the shooter is Male or female?

Victims pic?
edit on 11-4-2019 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
And so it begins, 3 days of darkness will soon be upon us. The waffle house has spoken.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

In the USA the genie is out of the box...fire arms can never be put back into the box. Maybe the goverment will try but people will always keep one somewhere for "emergencies".

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Oh absolutely

Although, personally, I would publicly refuse to give up even one of mine. Would absolutely shoot on sight any person attempting to confiscate them too

To me, such subversion of 2A would represent a condition entirely incompatible with liberty and the Constitution. And would go so far in crossing the red line in the sand as to remove any doubt the grabbers were a tyrannical force intent on subjugation of Citizens

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
There must be more info to come out, but terrible someone lost their life and obviously this didn't need to happen.

Very sad.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

People have always acted this way since year dot.

We just never used to hear about it as much or as quickly as we do now thanks to the internet. What has chaged is not people, but how quickly we're exposed to what has always been there.

I live in Australia, back in the 80's I would of never heard about this, I wouldn't have heard about it if it happened in another state.

Now across the world I hear about it as it happens, not just the major 9/11 type stuff, but the petty every day bull# too.

Seriously, people go "it never used to be this way, never used to be as bad." to them I say go pick up a history book or two.

Also more people alive today all at once than any other time in history. More people means more of anything occurring, or the appearance of such.

Any way on topic. If you're going to be generous, be modest and discrete about it.
Stroking your own ego making a scene out of anything will always put a target on your back.
Situational awareness and a bit of common sense saves lives.
edit on 14-4-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: added a few words.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Seriously?

I wouldn't dare pick up a hitchhiker these days.

I wouldn't dare let my children walk to school, or do any number of things that used to be common practice (according to my parents).

Give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join