It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Bond is a drunk says Aussies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DBCowboy

His most excessive outing, when he downed six Vespers and raised his blood alcohol level to approximately .36 grams per deciliter in “Quantum of Solace,” was “enough to kill some people,” they noted.

I'd be fine.

Maybe a snack and a nap.

Then a neat bourbon to get the shakes off.

Then back to drinking.

Sometimes I wonder if people throw around the term alcoholic loosely.

An alcoholic has problems with drinking.

Like James Bond, I don't have a problem with drinking.... I do it all the time

Sometimes people tell me I'm an alcoholic. I laugh at them as I sip my Bulliet and explain that I only went to one Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and didn't like it.

Alcoholics Unanimousous is more aligned with my sensibilities.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I am more of a Flynt man myself.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Be careful buddy, don’t tar us all with that thick brush.... unfortunately we have lefties here too you know, most of us would be living in a glass house if this were true.
And your bacon is safe here too as long as we can control all the halal crap being thrown around here.

The name is Gravy... Scubagravy

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
James Bond has an alcohol problem?

What’s next from these expert journalists, Tony Montana may have a coc aine problem?

Cheech and Chong suspected of cannabis use.

John Wick was a murderer.

The things that pass for news these days.....

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In all Honesty, Beer is for Pussies! I'm gonna reverse call that douche at the bar that wanted to start a fight over a jack daniels. "Be Real and get a real mans drinks" Ya Tough Guy --- Here I am drinking some triple shot jack, and you're drinking a Miller light. Go hard Bruh

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Do ya suppose the Aussies know that superman can't really fly?
Or maybe that explosions in space don't really make sound?

Good god, it's a movie...

If superman cant fly then why does he wear a cape? Plus Hes an alien so gravity affects him differently.

Have you been to space? how do you know explosions dont make sounds?
You obviously have never watched StarWars because you can clearly hear explosions and the "pew pew" of lasers.

And James Bond isnt a movie, its a documentary.

Are all Americans this clueless?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
“severe alcohol use disorder”

Wow. Why couldn't they just say he is an alcoholic? They worked a lot harder than they needed to to come up with redundant language for something everyone already says.

Australians.....

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Lets see you tackle like a shark: a super hot partner chick, a mastermind sort of adversary, roulette gamer showmanship- action, while gaming his super hot attache comrade whatever... all while straight edged. And not be a doushe.

edit on 4-4-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Oh. Okay.

You had me worried.

Yeah, I think the government has to put out stuff like this from time to time, to show the vocal moral minorities that they "are doing something about the, quote-unquote, Problem". That way the religious lobby will keep the money flowing like booze in a bond flick 😉

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It was always kind of interesting to me how the Bond character wasn't seen as a creep. LOL

Don't get me wrong. I love the Bond flicks but I'm not a woman. I guess they had to find charming attractive men to play Bond. Can you imagine if he was played by a guy who looked like Jeffrey Dahmer? LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Do ya suppose the Aussies know that superman can't really fly?
Or maybe that explosions in space don't really make sound?

Good god, it's a movie...

If superman cant fly then why does he wear a cape? Plus Hes an alien so gravity affects him differently.

Have you been to space? how do you know explosions dont make sounds?
You obviously have never watched StarWars because you can clearly hear explosions and the "pew pew" of lasers.

And James Bond isnt a movie, its a documentary.

Are all Americans this clueless?

Its that watered down Americanized beer... the American citizen's brain almost never receives enough alcohol to truly function as intended by God.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Bond sitting with a client in the hotel in Goldfinger, eating king crab and drinking pink champagne from a pewter tankard is one of my abiding memories of him.

The fact that he is an alcoholic with a form of attatchment disorder who smokes so much he has his cigarettes specially rolled by a small London firm, just for him, should surprise no one really.

If you think that the film Bond is bad, he is practically a teetotal choirboy compared to the literary Bond.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Yeah they even said he's fiction, you're snookered.

from the source

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that James Bond is a made-up person. He has been young and sprightly since 1962. He goes through cocktails, cars and women at a comical rate. He is in no way a role model for a healthy lifestyle.He is not real. Granted, this Bond study was intended to be "fun," the lead study author told the Washington Post; it won a Christmas competition held by the Medical Journal of Australia.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Be careful buddy, don’t tar us all with that thick brush.... unfortunately we have lefties here too you know, most of us would be living in a glass house if this were true.
And your bacon is safe here too as long as we can control all the halal crap being thrown around here.

The name is Gravy... Scubagravy

Hey dont worry buddy, we might give eachother the business around here, but we all realize there is a difference between the government and the citizens. Heck there is a difference between lower level and higher level government employees. The ones at the top who put out these type of Public Service Announcement generally have no connection to the day to day realities of the people they're supposed to be "serving".

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Do ya suppose the Aussies know

You made us cry

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And we have the occasional "riot"

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Now you've got me rolling and holding my stomach

You only live in my head

The Man with the Golden butthole Eye

Never say no never again

The hole is not enough

A view to a nudist colony

Punch your living daylights

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah they even said he's fiction, you're snookered.

from the source

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that James Bond is a made-up person. He has been young and sprightly since 1962. He goes through cocktails, cars and women at a comical rate. He is in no way a role model for a healthy lifestyle.He is not real. Granted, this Bond study was intended to be "fun," the lead study author told the Washington Post; it won a Christmas competition held by the Medical Journal of Australia.

Interesting. I dug this up on the Christmas Competition for This year:

The MJA Christmas competition

A little bit of festive season fun!

Closing date: Friday 9 August 2019

The prize: A Christmas gourmet food hamper!

How to enter: Submit your quirky stories, wacky research, amazing images and other eclectica suitable for the festive season issue via the MJA's regular manuscript tracking system, ScholarOne www.mja.com.au... (see MJA instructions for authors), selecting "Christmas competition" as your article type.

Judging process: Each entry will undergo the MJA's usual selection processes for publication, which may include peer review. Those selected for publication in the Christmas issue will then be subject to a vote by MJA editorial staff to determine the winner. Please note that Christmas manuscripts must still conform with the policies of the ICMJE. We will not accept entries which we consider to place subjects at risk of harm. For 2018 winners scroll down the contents page to the Christmas Competition section here www.mja.com.au...

That James Bond entry from last year actually shared first place with this gem:
www.mja.com.au...

A study on the "emergence and characteristics of the Australian Mamil". MAMIL meaning Middle Aged Man In Lycra. I think Lycra must be the material those skin tight bike shorts are made of? At first I was thinking it was a geographical location, but it makes more sense and is kinda funny the other way. I find it interesting that it won first place.

This entry from last year is behind a "pay wall" of sorts, but the description is telling:
www.mja.com.au...
Description:

Patient K first presented to me in early December 2015. Although he declined to volunteer his age, he looked to be a man in his late 60s, moderately though not morbidly obese, with a ruddy complexion and a rather odd manner of dress. (He seemed inordinately fond of the colour red.)

There are about 3 or 4 others, some accessible, some not.

edit on 4/4/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
**Sigh**

....**pharrrrt**

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
They should look into Archer. he drinks a lot

Winning the first Melbourne cup would make you drink a lot methinks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join