It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mother of all migrants’ caravans’ is forming up in Honduras: interior secretary

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Cant be many peeps left. I propose we get the heavily armed ATS constituents together and do an end run round Florida and Cuba and take over the Honduran government. Then we....errr...they, could bribe some US politicians with vacation homes and children.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum
Weird how all of a sudden the 70s and 80s never happened and this is the first time illegal immigration has taken place in such large numbers.

In the 70's and 80's we didn't have a political party coaxing them over here for votes. Those who came mostly assimilated and most waited and came legally.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That is not true.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The political parties coaxing part is debatable but I would also like to add immigrants back then came and supported themselves. I feel that has changed and many are coming for benefits by moving in with legal relatives.

I also believe in the %10 theory where if %10 or more of any outside entity merges with another entity problems ensue and assimilation cannot happen fast enough to appease the native population. New kids on the block tend to annoy the old guard when they start to see their numbers and ways of living challenged.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Waterglass

We need to have martial law declared on a 1 mile swath of the border. Civil laws can be suspended along with habeas corpus. That means it doesn’t matter if they set foot on our side . They will have no rights .

After the Patriot Act I thought we already have martial law.

If you are serious then you obviously don't know what Martial Law is.

I live in New Jersey. We have police everywhere.

I live in New Jersey also, South Jersey to be exact.

Having police everywhere does not in any way come close to Martial Law.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Didn't AOC say that were all going to pay and she does want a wide open border and the status quo USA to be overthrown. I mean shes a spinner and maybe she wasn't talking about her green deal when she said that. She talks like that all of the time. Think about it.

She is a traitor to citizens of the US; here is a recent tweet from her:
mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 28-3-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: Major word usage mistake

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Am I detecting sarcasm in your post? How is that tweet being a traitor? Pointing out the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers is being a traitor? I find that particular tweet patriotic, we as Americans can do better than herding these people under a bridge in a gated parking lot..

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

There is no where to put them. They need to stop coming. It is unrealistic to let people just flow in unabated.

www.nbcnews.com...

"WASHINGTON — Daily attempts by undocumented immigrants to cross into the United States from Mexico over the past month surpassed daily averages not seen since fiscal year 2006, according to Customs and Border Protection data obtained by NBC News.

The surge has maxed out the capacity of existing detention centers, and the Department of Homeland Security is now in negotiations with the Department of Defense to detain and care for the overflow on U.S. military bases, according to a DHS official and two other U.S. officials familiar with the discussions.

The Department of Health and Human Services has requested DOD support for bed space for up to 5,000 children, but DOD has not yet approved the request, according to a defense official.

On March 19, CBP officers and agents stopped or apprehended 3,974 immigrants, the highest single day since the beginning of the Trump administration. Six other days since mid-February have topped 3,595, surpassing the daily average of 3,530 in fiscal year 2006.

Those seven days are the highest on record since President Donald Trump took office, a DHS official told NBC News, and they have all been recorded over the past six weeks...."

This insane numbers of immigrants are taking a toll on all of us US citizens in the way of communicable diseases, stretching our education dollars resulting in poorer education for all US citizens, increasing healthcare cost for all of US citizens, emergency services also stretched to limit responding to calls from the criminal illegal immigrants crimes.

We have major problems that have to be dealt with before we allow the constant influx of the size of a city every month coming here.

stop the insanity.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Blame the Dems blame the repubs blame whoever but we all share in the blame. Time to put aside the right left BS and handle this problem like adults.

Both sides are allowing this wound to fester for political reasons. Make it impossible for illegals to benefit from welfare and heavy fines on anyone employing illegals, hang anyone caught bringing drugs over, problem solved.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Blame the Dems blame the repubs blame whoever but we all share in the blame. Time to put aside the right left BS and handle this problem like adults.

Both sides are allowing this wound to fester for political reasons. Make it impossible for illegals to benefit from welfare and heavy fines on anyone employing illegals, hang anyone caught bringing drugs over, problem solved.

I agree with your post. Yes both parties are responsible; they have both pandered to the immigrants when they feel it is in their best interest.

However, I am totally against this open borders crap- it is exacerbating the problem and is acting like a siren call for all to come. It should be called out as the propaganda that it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Am I detecting sarcasm in your post? How is that tweet being a traitor? Pointing out the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers is being a traitor? I find that particular tweet patriotic, we as Americans can do better than herding these people under a bridge in a gated parking lot..

How do we fix it? We have a system that's already overwhelmed, and the left continues to block border funding, so please, please, please, explain the solution.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I find that particular tweet patriotic, we as Americans can do better than herding these people under a bridge in a gated parking lot..

I agree, they should be herded directly in buses and shipped right back where they frick'n came from. ........and no, I'm not kidding.

We could ship a few to your house, just so you can feel better about yourself, but you're going to have to feed them, supply their medical and housing and whatever else they're going to need.

Can I put you down for a party of 5k?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Theres a real sh*t storm coming, what with the push to liberate Venezuela of its oil. The US will have a Gaza Strip in its own backyard. Drugs Oil etc. Plenty of loot to be made.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

My grandkids wore me out so I’m kind of phoning this one in .

Article 1 section 9 habeas corpus suspension

Martial law info wiki

The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety

Article 1 section 9

Habeas corpus corpus can be suspended

Invasion the public Safety may require it.

www.annenbergclassroom.org...

Article 1 section 8

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions

www.usconstitution.net...

U.S. Constitution definitions .

In strict dictionary terms, martial law is the suspension of civil authority and the imposition of military authority. When we say a region or country is "under martial law," we mean to say that the military is in control of the area, that it acts as the police, as the courts, as the legislature. The degree of control might vary - a nation may have a civilian legislature but have the courts administered by the military. Or the legislature and courts may operate under civilian control with a military ruler. In each case, martial law is in effect, even if it is not called "martial law."

In Millgan Versus the United States rejected the suspension of habeas corpus by Abraham Lincoln. The court ruled in the plaintiffs favor stating that suspension of habeas corpus removed all constitutional protections and was illegal . But the arrest occurred a year and a half after the establishment of martial law and the courts were operating in that area .

They ruled martia law could not suspend habeas corpus as long as the courts in the jurisdiction were functioning and unimpeded

^^^^^^ that’s the wildcard. Federal agencies handle immigration courts and everyone knows they are overwhelmed and obviously impeded .

www.usconstitution.net...

I’ve always felt like I might be missing something om this. If anyone’s got something I’d like to hear it .

The president could impose martial law under the third stipulation “invasion the Public Safety”.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

I grew up during the 70s and 80s. There is absolutely no comparison to the way it is the day . The illegal aliens entering the US then we’re like a seed that has grown into a towering Redwood forest .

I remember Caesar and his protest. His greatest accomplishment was causing a small lettuce shortage. I checked your link he represented 50,000 people at that time. By the end of his career in a drop down to 15,000 .

During the 70s and 80s in Kentucky I honestly don’t remember any Hispanic people. Now they offer up Spanish at ATMs and such like it’s perfectly normal.

It ain’t.

I’ve hired a lot of Hispanics in the last two decades. You know they all had one thing in common?

Guess what?

They stood in line instead of breaking our laws to get here .

I’ve got nothing against Hispanic people. I just hate GD criminals .

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
These caravans are targeting the El Paso, Texas area of the border, and overwhelming the border patrol there. Many get through...many are caught. But due to their plan of overwhelming the U.S. resources, about 2,000 illegal aliens a week are now being released into the United States.

Most Americans don't seem to care, however. I suppose not enough U.S. citizens are killed to raise a red-flag amongst the population. And the drugs are coming here because Americans love the drugs. Nobody is forcing them on us.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Vigilantastrum

I grew up during the 70s and 80s. There is absolutely no comparison to the way it is the day . The illegal aliens entering the US then we’re like a seed that has grown into a towering Redwood forest .

During the 70s and 80s in Kentucky I honestly don’t remember any Hispanic people. Now they offer up Spanish at ATMs and such like it’s perfectly normal.

It ain’t.

I’ve hired a lot of Hispanics in the last two decades. You know they all had one thing in common?

Guess what?

They stood in line instead of breaking our laws to get here .

I’ve got nothing against Hispanic people. I just hate GD criminals .

Fully agree with you.

I started working construction in the mid-late 70's for my fathers company in Phoenix, Az. He employed about 20 employees, we had one latino out of the whole crew, he was a legal citizen, college grad and spoke perfect english. During the 6 yr period I was employed, I remember us hiring one illegal for a period of a week. He needed some money and my father was willing to help him. Illegals were not a issue back then and people saying otherwise are mistaken. I'm sure there were some there but they went unnoticed.

I'm not racist by any means but I have issue with todays illegal immigrants showing up and expecting me to employ, feed and support them. This country didn't become the great country it is, by it's citizens running away from it's problems to another country and expecting them to employ, feed and support us. If they're not willing to make the sacrifices or are to lazy to confront their own adversities in their own country, then I don't want them in mine.
edit on 29-3-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

We need to have martial law declared on a 1 mile swath of the border. Civil laws can be suspended along with habeas corpus. That means it doesn’t matter if they set foot on our side . They will have no rights .

After the Patriot Act I thought we already have martial law.

If you are serious then you obviously don't know what Martial Law is.

You obviously missed that drama in Boston some years back.

ZOMG A 17 YEAR OLD IS ON THE LOOSE!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I agree, I live in Del Rio, Texas.

I am not looking forward to more of this nonsense and stupidity.

Every time one of these caravans pulls this bs, we get an influx here at the border, and a rash of crimes city wide and on the border itself.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Youre right, they should be herded into trucks and sent right back across.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join