It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollett might be considering lawsuit after charges were dropped

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Will never happen...this guy is deluded and acting like a privileged azzhat with a big ego.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Oh please please please do it........

If he did this, he would get everything he deserves and more, and the city hit him with everything they have......

You pompous, arrogant ass........DO IT.....

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I wont watch that garbage. These people make me want to throw up. Just slimy, evil people with no regard for anyone but themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Smelly gonna sue Chicago PD because they claimed he was the "victim of a crime".

His attorney is as crazy as he is!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm on the road right now, but you might want to look up Michelle Obama's old chief of staff in this matter...

I think that was the one that put the fix on the case.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

False, as soon as he did he would open the door to the CPD getting an order to unseal the documents to be used in their legal defense. I am very confident that is what would happen.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just asking for proof.

They are sealed because their is no more litigation surrounding them. I would imagine the CPD could also sue him and introduce the evidence again.

The would need to address the court to do that. The same court that sealed it so I would imagine appeals would need to be made.

I not sure what you mean by "proof". A quick web search will give you the basics.

Typically someone petitions the court with a brief, explaining why they need access to the records. If the court finds that you have a valid reason, such as related litigation, they will be made available. If the records pertain to a minor, it is more difficult.

It also doesn't have to be the same court to unseal records, but usually it is, because of jurisdiction pi**ing contests. It by no means has to be done by the judge that sealed them.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Now I have heard it ALL.

"He was the victim of his own crime(s) and should be paid."

If his mentally challenged lawyer can pull this one off, he should represent a leprechaun and sue the county planners office when they can't find the gold under a rainbow. Guaranteed win. (In Chicago).

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
He wouldn't be this brazen unless he knew he was highly protected.

It should already be self-evident to everyone that this corruption goes a lot higher than just some unhinged celebrity looking for attention. This was a calculated attempt to deceive the world and it goes up the ladder to key political figures.

My fellow lefties, just understand that if you are excusing this blatant, insidious corruption then you are enabling the same thing on the other side -- and all the violence and ugliness that may come with it.

It is time for everyone to call this intersectionality identity politics scam out for what it is. It needs to stop. As I've said before their playbook is literally that of madman Charles Manson's Helter Skelter. And if this thing lights then you or someone you care about could very well end up dead in the crossfire. You end hate through love not by blaming scapegoated sections of society like "white men". Any sort of light skimming through the pages of history should have taught you that fact.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

"For Jussie, what’s really important is he really just wants his career and his life back,” the lawyer continued. “Again, he did not ask for any of this, he was a victim of a crime.”

Hate to break it to him, but he's not getting his career back. He was being let go from Empire before this little public fiasco and as most of us suspect he most likely concocted the whole scenario to try to garner sympathy and maybe keep his job. Even with the record sealed the producers of the show haven't forgotten that he lied and orchestrated it himself, and the show is popular enough that they don't have to worry about appeasing the snowflake crowd.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They are going to look bad if they don't sue.

"We'll know that this thing that the police are saying is true when Jussie's great, great legal team doesn't sue Chicago PD for defamation or slander,".

- Cheryl Dorsey LAPD

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Saw a thing going around the chans that Jussie would be murdered by a white supremacist, which would then of course be used to further smear Trump supporters, in retaliation for getting off as part of an even larger, yet to be unrevealed plan.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just hope he stays safe.

Variables and all.

Folks these days are VERY polarized and reactionary.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The moment a lawsuit came up, we start to get a pretty profound snapshot into two different social groups: colloquially the "left" and "right."

Between Convington and this, we get a really interesting look into how these groups might act on either side of a situation. Obviously, it doesn't paint a pretty picture of the "left," who seem to have weaponized "WTF," but its an interesting juxtaposition all the same. Especially when drawing correlations to more general, ongoing behaviors.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Puh-leeze do it, Jussie! The sound of it blowing up in your face will be priceless.

Even should he win---that's comedy gold right there for the future career of the corrupt non-prosecutors.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

No he's not, the facts would destroy him. It's a PR stunt, try to sway public opinion with stupid stunts.

Don't underestimate the power of stupidity. Look no further than the democrat party for an example of doubling down on stupid.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

PR stunt

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That's why he has a lawyer not named Avenatti

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow, this a'hole sure likes wasting LE, and court time..was there any consensus on why the charges were dropped?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Man his ego knows no bounds. Problem is like Trump, he was not exonerated. The second problem he has is the still pending investigation. Imagine if he is found guilty of the mail fraud and still tried to sue! The best evidence against him are his own actions. He did himself no favors by going to the media for sympathy. That is all evidence that can and will be used against him. He contradicted himself too many times for any lawyer to salvage a case.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I wonder if KIM FOXX can be investigated and prosecuted, or removed from office?

The District Attorneys Association is strongly condemning Kim Foxx's actions..

The National District Attorneys Association, which claims to represent roughly 2,700 prosecutors’ offices around the country, heavily criticized Foxx in a statement to Fox News.

“First, when a chief prosecutor recuses him or herself, the recusal must apply to the entire office, not just the elected or appointed prosecutor. This is consistent with best practices for prosecutors’ offices around the country,” the statement began.

It added, “Second, prosecutors should not take advice from politically connected friends of the accused. Each case should be approached with the goal of justice for victims while protecting the rights of the defendant.

Third, when a prosecutor seeks to resolve a case through diversion or some other alternative to prosecution, it should be done so with an acknowledgement of culpability on the part of the defendant. A case with the consequential effects of Mr. Smollett’s should not be resolved without a finding of guilt or innocence.”

The statement concluded: “Fourth, expunging Mr. Smollett’s record at this immediate stage is counter to transparency. Law enforcement will now not be able to acknowledge that Mr. Smollett was indicted and charged with these horrible crimes and the full record of what occurred will be forever hidden from public view.

Finally, we believe strongly that hate crimes should be prosecuted vigorously but the burden of proof should not be artificially increased due to the misguided decisions of others.”
Source: www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join