It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples vote lies on numbers - London Protest - MSM wont report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why oh why does everybody keep coming out with these LIES. Or is it, if you repeat it enough people will think it's the truth.
THE EU IS NOT AN AUTOCRATIC STATE. THE EU IS NOT RUN BY A SELECT FEW WHO HAVE NO ALLEGIANCE TO THE UK.
THE EU IS RUN BY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PEOPLE OF WHICH 72, YES 72 UK ELECTED MEMBERS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT.
Just because the 72 (like Farage) didn't want us in the EU they went to Brussels with the sole aim of causing trouble. They never ,ever fought for the benefits of which the UK people could have had.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: uncommitted

Not quite sure what any of that means, but then I'm not aware any of our elected leaders has ever talked about grabbing women by the pussy, so possibly that says something.

LOL

Wasn't there a spate of Politicians who ended up "suicided in sex games gone wrong" a few years back.

David Kelly being the most suspicious

Just sayin

en.wikipedia.org...:British_politicians_who_committed_suicide

David Kelly was not a politician nor was he involved in "some sex games gone wrong"

Now...

let me go find a good facepalm meme, for getting a petition confused with a march and for the David Kelly line.

edit on 25-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

referendum validated by all political parties check.

general election where labour and cons promised to honour the brexit referendum check.

withdrawl act enshrined in law, overwhelmingly voted for (all parties) in parliament check.

if no deal can be agreed by default we leave on wto terms not quite there yet due to all
career elites crapping their pants in the understanding the lucrative eu career positions are drifting
away and all hopes of gaining tenure-ship fading.

there are still noble politicians in the house who respect the referendum, as for the rest, well there be
a general election on the horizon and that will be some serious sting in the tail.

lol the last time I pointed out that remainers are defrocking democracy (for what it seems) you
couldn't care less. these isles need a reset to rid the hallowed halls of some dishonourable twats.

f.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Things have changed, parliament is at grid-lock on this, now parliament and government have failed the people on that I think we can all agree, they have failed us right since the start of this entire farce back in 2016.

They might have said that they will abide by the referendum result however there is an undeniable outcry in this country right now over whats happening. You might be a strong Brexiteer and thats fine, you are totally entitled to your views however there is an clear demand from the people of the UK for a say on what happens next with Brexit, you might want to deny it but the fact is right now 5.5 Million people have gone as far to say revoke article 50, hundreds of thousands have went on a march demanding a peoples vote currently polling data suggest that the people of the UK also want to remain in the EU.

The will of the people seems to have changed, parliament is completely inept so I believe that it should be on the people of the UK to fix this mess. We should have one final vote that is a very simple choice (one I think should be legally binding to prevent multiple votes) Revoke article 50 or a no-deal Brexit.

I totally get that you might disagree with that but a lot of Brexit supporters are actually advocating denying the people of the UK to express their will. A lot has changed since 2016.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: uncommitted
Not quite sure what any of that means...

It means I like watching your meetings of Parliament where they yell back and forth with each other.

…but then I'm not aware any of our elected leaders has ever talked about grabbing women by the pussy, so possibly that says something.

Guess they aren't big fans of the ladies, Trebek.

It's only really Prime Ministers question time when they all act like clowns, I've worked in Westminster recently and seen some of the people actually working for a living.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: teapot

The EU are trying to abolish the nation state.

If Scotland were ever to remain in the EU separate to rUK then they would become nothing more than a remote hinterland of the EU superstate with little representation - not that representation will mean anything.

I can't see many EU Commissars fighting for Scotland's rights and interests.

Spain would veto it and I think that would kill it. Not quite sure why that doesn't get acknowledged more.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: teapot

The EU are trying to abolish the nation state.

If Scotland were ever to remain in the EU separate to rUK then they would become nothing more than a remote hinterland of the EU superstate with little representation - not that representation will mean anything.

I can't see many EU Commissars fighting for Scotland's rights and interests.

Spain would veto it and I think that would kill it. Not quite sure why that doesn't get acknowledged more.

Because its not true.

Honestly its a myth.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Spain would have no objection to Scotland rejoining the European Union as an independent nation, as long as the secession process from the United Kingdom was legally binding, Spanish foreign minister Josep Borrell said on Tuesday.

Link

I was pretty surprised by that announcement myself but yeah, Spain are up for it so long as the succession process is all good. Ironically that only leaves the UK who might veto....but it looks like rUK won't have a say.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: uncommitted

Not quite sure what any of that means, but then I'm not aware any of our elected leaders has ever talked about grabbing women by the pussy, so possibly that says something.

LOL

Wasn't there a spate of Politicians who ended up "suicided in sex games gone wrong" a few years back.

David Kelly being the most suspicious

Just sayin

en.wikipedia.org...:British_politicians_who_committed_suicide

No, and not sure what your link was supposed to be pointing at? If you mean the David Kelly I think you do, he wasn't a politician and he allegedly slashed his wrist in an area of woodland, no implication of any sex play. Perhaps you've got the wrong country?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Why oh why does everybody keep coming out with these LIES. Or is it, if you repeat it enough people will think it's the truth.
THE EU IS NOT AN AUTOCRATIC STATE. THE EU IS NOT RUN BY A SELECT FEW WHO HAVE NO ALLEGIANCE TO THE UK.
THE EU IS RUN BY DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PEOPLE OF WHICH 72, YES 72 UK ELECTED MEMBERS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT.
Just because the 72 (like Farage) didn't want us in the EU they went to Brussels with the sole aim of causing trouble. They never ,ever fought for the benefits of which the UK people could have had.

In fairness I think a lot of them went to Brussels to earn a lot of money, get a very nice pension, be accountable for very little, get to appear on the TV acting as though they were in some way more important than they really are but sadly not realising they are instantly forgettable unless they choose to dress like some kind of 1950's pimp who walks around with one hand in a coat pocket likes he's channelling Prince Charles.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It's only really Prime Ministers question time when they all act like clowns...

But I love that. Full blown English humor is in effect during that time.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I posted this in the other thread so I'll give another chance to anyone who hasn't seen it.

7 Reasons Brexit Is Great For Business (FB Vid)

Real life common sense.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Not really I mean we trade with America through a EU agreed trade deal, it ignores how much we import, my sister is a hair dresser, never once has she complained that her business is being hurt by the EU, farmers are screaming out about how it’s going to hurt them hard.

I could go on but that video is bias BS

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You serious??
We can trade direct with the US.
Now what EU regs would affect an Hairdresser anyway?

Farmers will just lose their subsidies for leaving their field empty. Which will soon be rectified with need for more productive foodstuffs.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's only really Prime Ministers question time when they all act like clowns...

But I love that. Full blown English humor is in effect during that time.

everything else on the eyeball chewing gum machine pales.

f.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
You serious??

Farmers will just lose their subsidies for leaving their field empty. Which will soon be rectified with need for more productive foodstuffs.

Nope we trade with America through a EU trade deal, kind of worrying you don’t seem to know this as the ability to establish our own trade deals is part of the reason so many support brexit

Link this is the current trade deal we work within with America. After brexit we would need to switch to WTO rules until a U.K. US trade deal is established and it’s unclear how long that will take. The moment we leave the EU we move onto WTO

Your video completely ignores this

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
You serious??

I agree, a mass pulling of fingers out of holes the sun doesn't get to see.

f.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Straight forward answers please;
If the result of a second referendum was to revoke Article 50 and ignore the result of the previous referendum and stay in the EU -
1. How would you placate the very large minority who voted yet again to leave the EU and have seen their votes been completely disregarded and deemed irrelevant?
2. Would you expect that large minority to accept the result and move forward?
3. Would you respect and/or support the inevitable demands for a third and deciding referendum?

These are just three of the numerous relevant and legitimate questions that not one Remainer to my knowledge has even attempted to answer openly, honestly and unequivocally.

If any other Remainer cares to chip in with their straight forward answers then feel free.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Nope we trade with America through a EU trade deal

Serious question. Are you here as a disinformation agent?

There is no EU -US Trade Deal. The proposed deal know as the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) has been in negotiation for years. To date nothing has been agreed or signed.

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't let facts get in the way of bull#.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

1. How would you placate the very large minority who voted yet again to leave the EU and have seen their votes been completely disregarded and deemed irrelevant?

Their votes would not be irrelevant because all 17.4 Million of them can head out and vote to leave again if they wish to do so, those who may have changed their minds (on all sides) will also have a chance to change their vote accordingly. If however say, 20 Million vote to remain then we remain.

2. Would you expect that large minority to accept the result and move forward?

Would entirely depend on the result so I cannot honestly answer that question, if it was another 17.4 million then I wouldn't expect them to be all that happy about it. I would expect a rise in eurosceptic politics in the UK again, I even think it could be possible there could be isolated violence but nothing on a large scale.

3. Would you respect and/or support the inevitable demands for a third and deciding referendum?

To be brutally honest no. I mean you don't seem to hold must respect for those of us who want a second vote, besides I also believe that any second referendum should be legally binding. I believe it should be a choice between no-brexit and a no-deal Brexit.

Those are my most honest answers.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

ohhh yeah so it is, meh am human sure you've made a error after a quick google search.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join