It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chickenpox, who should get the pain, Children or Adults?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Years ago I was talking about chickenpox and I was so glad that my kids didn't get that dreaded diseases
anymore. My friend from the UK chimed in and was shocked. I found out that the UK does not
vaccinate for the Chickenpox. Their kids still get it like we used to.

I was shocked. What, they have National healthcare. It didn't make sense. Aren't they pro-vaccination?

www.nhs.uk... svTq2itwZ23IloIZ_98WVT4sbPqIurVAgC8w7lmc

Then I read this, and now it all makes sense:

Being exposed to chickenpox as an adult – for example, through contact with infected children – boosts your immunity to shingles.

Chew on that. So who is right? The US or the UK. I'm a proud American and patriot, but I think the UK has this one!
It makes so much sense! So either kids get chickenpox, or adults get shingles. (I'm talking about the majority, not the one off cases.)

Edit to add - I think shingles are much worse, and I've had both chickenpox and shingles!

edit on 21-3-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
When I was a kid, parents were sending there kids over for sleepovers with “chicken kids” for the sole purpose of their child getting it, fighting through it, and being done with it.

When I was 4, my 7 year old
Brother returned home from Argentina with chickenpox.
Mom assured us it was no problem, we all get it once.
We all got it.
And we all lived to tell the tale.
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'd rather have chickenpox as a child than shingles as an adult.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

From what I have been led to believe, adult chicken pox is far worse and potentially fatal.

I think I'd rather have the kid version, since I already have and it's done and over with.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Definitely better as a child. I learned about shingles the hard way when my daughters had gotten the chicken pox. Most hellacious shooting nerve pain that I was forced to endure for 2 weeks. Literally floored me!

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There are rare cases where adults who had a “mild” case of chicken pox as a child can get it again as an adult. My father had it in his 30’s when I was 8 and had it.

I remember it clearly because we missed Christmas events. He was miserable. I was just itchy and sad that I couldn’t go to my grandmas for Christmas Eve. He had it much longer than I did, as well

Years down the road, my mother (who also had chicken pox as a child, but not when me and dad did) got shingles. She was miserable. Dad didn’t catch that, though.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have read articles of how getting the chicken pox actually helps train the immune system to work correctly. The vaccine does not do that.

www.bcm.edu...

www.nhsinform.scot...

They want us afraid of everything, the Chicken pox vaccine is very profitable. Yes, chicken pox is not good for those who have a bad immune system, but even the weakened virus in the vaccine is not good for those with a compromised immune system sometimes. I think this particular vaccine is a scam. I do feel that this vaccine might in some rare instances be good for kids but for the most part it helps train the immune system.

You will never hear the FDA say that naturally catching the chicken pox is beneficial, they are the spokesman for the Pharma companies when it comes to promoting fear. The CDC is no better. I think that maybe we should actually force our government to stop the FDA from parrotting fear and putting people at jeopardy from giving unnecessary vaccines. Every time you stick a needle in someone's arm you are taking a chance of pushing in a bad microbe into the body. You see, adverse reactions from the injection itself is not included in side effects of the vaccines, it is a normal risk of injections. One in a hundred people can get complications from just inserting a needle, even with the alcohol swab.

If you test your blood for sugar, that little needle also can cause complications. I have a glucose meter and am aware that problems can result, I use it to occasionally check my blood sugar when It crashes, I have reactive hypoglycemia, I need the test equipment to evaluate the problem so I can understand how to stop it from happening.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I had super shingles while on chemo. Worst pain I ever felt in 3 years of cancer treatments and surgeries...was the shingles.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

all i can say is i fall into a strange catergory, i had the Pox as a child and also again as an adult in my 30's, while i can not directly recall how bad it was in childhood, it hospitalised me as an adult, I was in for about a week and needed another to recover

Doctors said it was rare but not unheard of to catch it twice, guess i am just unlucky, i was also born ginger
but now i am bald

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Measles is less deadly than chickenpox (.5 deaths per 100,000 cases vs. 1/100,000 for chicken pox)

everyone had chickenpox in the US up until about 10 years ago and we all know its no big deal.

same with measles, expect so much time has passed nobody remembers its no big deal. Time + Fear mongering = ignorance

I think children should get both, who knows what DNA mutations the viruses are giving that may be beneficial in the future... just like surviving the bubonic plague made your ancestors immune to HIV/AIDS. we are interrupting the natural order of thing because we think we know better and don't want to get sick.

i had shingles as well... its not really that bad, besides the scar on my hip

there ARE lots of benefits to catching things the old fashioned way... like lifelong immunity and passing the antibodies to breastfeeding infants (vaccines do neither)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

My mom did the same thing, except I didn't have it come out of my system until I was 17 years old. I had it for a whole month, it was pretty bad. Then I got shingles at the age of 25, very mild case of it, so maybe there is some fact there.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Measles is less deadly than chickenpox (.5 deaths per 100,000 cases vs. 1/100,000 for chicken pox)

everyone had chickenpox in the US up until about 10 years ago and we all know its no big deal.

same with measles, expect so much time has passed nobody remembers its no big deal. Time + Fear mongering = ignorance

I think children should get both, who knows what DNA mutations the viruses are giving that may be beneficial in the future... just like surviving the bubonic plague made your ancestors immune to HIV/AIDS. we are interrupting the natural order of thing because we think we know better and don't want to get sick.

i had shingles as well... its not really that bad, besides the scar on my hip

there ARE lots of benefits to catching things the old fashioned way... like lifelong immunity and passing the antibodies to breastfeeding infants (vaccines do neither)

Vaccines are a great idea! It's just a shame big Pharma is using them as a genocide vector.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Vaccines are a great idea! It's just a shame big Pharma is using them as a genocide vector.

I totally agree with what you said. So many things can be used for good, but in this sick twisted world it is used for evil.

I think about food science, we could be feeding the hungry easily, but instead we are being poisoned slowly.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I believe you cannot get shingles unless you have had chicken pox AND there is a shingles vaccine now.
I think shingles is from the virus laying dormant within your cells.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Children die from these diseases. I bet the one parent who exposed their child to get it over with whos child died regrets the decision.
Sadly I knew a young boy who died from Reyes syndrome after having the chicken pox. He was his parents only child and he was nine years old.
Why let children get sick any more than they will ordinarily in their young lives.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Unfortunately its not an either or choice. You have to have had chicken pox to get shigles. But .... big but... not everyone who had chicken pox will develop shingles. Most sufferers are people who had a mild case as a child.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Unless you develope shingles as an adult.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My two kids have literally just had chicken pox, my youngest just lost her last scab and my eldest is not far behind. Apart from two days of itching, it hasn't bothered them at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sorry for your suffering. Glad you are alright now.
edit on 3212019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Measles can cause encephalitis and kill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join