It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds seize 1 million lbs. of pork smuggled from China to N.J. amid African swine fever outbreak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Actually, since pork is very popular in China, my guess would be that Chinese pork is probably high quality. Well established structure for it.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Actually, since pork is very popular in China, my guess would be that Chinese pork is probably high quality. Well established structure for it.

Actually, since pork is very popular in China, my guess is that Chinese pork floats under the radar to make more sales.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's time to impose HUGE fines to China for their willful law breaking when it comes to trade such as this - along with shipment of counterfeit products (like honey - which was a factory made sugar - which was a huge problem coming from China - then Malaysia after Chinese honey was banned - they sold it to Malaysia and exported it from there). The fines need to be so significant that there is absolutely no profitability in attempting it. If it is a $1 billion in trade then fine them $10 billion in fines. The only thing that they will understand is being hit in their GDP.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
It's time to impose HUGE fines to China for their willful law breaking when it comes to trade such as this - along with shipment of counterfeit products (like honey - which was a factory made sugar - which was a huge problem coming from China - then Malaysia after Chinese honey was banned - they sold it to Malaysia and exported it from there). The fines need to be so significant that there is absolutely no profitability in attempting it. If it is a $1 billion in trade then fine them $10 billion in fines. The only thing that they will understand is being hit in their GDP.

Buy local, stop going for cheap imports.

You can't blame China for getting into the market that's how capitalism works, it's up to you the consumer to mind what you consume, blaming the market is trying to pass the buck, be responsible for what you purchase, if people boycotted an inferior product like fake honey this wouldn't even be a talking point.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You can't blame China for getting into the market that's how capitalism works, it's up to you the consumer to mind what you consume, blaming the market is trying to pass the buck, be responsible for what you purchase, if people boycotted an inferior product like fake honey this wouldn't even be a talking point.

That is total BS and you know it. They were SMUGGLING in the pork inside of laundry detergent. Don't tell me they didn't know it was wrong. Stop being an appologist for countries like this. You are the exact reason the country is in the shape it is in, you and people like you. You are an enemy of the state.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Really, well perhaps you should brush up on your knowledge of this world and how it works.

This is a world for profit, if you are not savy enough to be critical about what you purchase, if you want to assume that the state is looking after you, and you have the nerve to call me an enemy of the state because I don't live in a fantasy land where the government is responsible for my decisions...

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Feds seize 1 million lbs. of pork smuggled from China to N.J. amid African swine fever outbreak

Well there is some bacon I won't eat.

What a waste.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

And that makes no sense

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Really, well perhaps you should brush up on your knowledge of this world and how it works.

This is a world for profit, if you are not savy enough to be critical about what you purchase, if you want to assume that the state is looking after you, and you have the nerve to call me an enemy of the state because I don't live in a fantasy land where the government is responsible for my decisions...

And this one follows suite.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I thought China got its pork from us. They bought up Smithfield Foods years ago now.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
How would the pork spread the disease to live pigs? They dont feed them pork do they?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I think the whole story is hogwash myself. How could our livestock get contaminated from pork products?

Wouldnt they need a live sick pig to infect other pigs? Our pigs are not eating bacon. Or coming onto contact with our groceries.
edit on 3172019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lysergic

I think the whole story is hogwash myself. How could our livestock get contaminated from pork products?

Wouldnt they need a live sick pig to infect other pigs? Our pigs are not eating bacon. Or coming onto contact with our groceries.

If you don't think pigs will eat other pigs.....you obviously know nothing about farm animals.

Chickens are absolutely bloodthirsty.

Long live the chicken goggles!!!
edit on R532019-03-17T07:53:11-05:00k533Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

China gets a bad rap but in fact much of the products they produce are high quality. I know that story about the wrapping paper years ago but that was not typical.
I buy makeup from china that is hands down better than anything produced in the USA and in fact most of the makeup sold here comes from china. Asia in general is leading the world in innovative beauty products.
The Chinese bought up Smithfield foods and it maintains the farms and processing plants that have been in Smithfield Virginia for decades. This is why I dont understand them saying they were importing pork. The pork is produced here.
Smithfield has processing plants all over this country not just in Virginia either.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This was not trade and if its true it was not the Chinese government either.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
www.merckvetmanual.com...

Pigs usually become infected via the oronasal route by direct contact with infected pigs or by ingestion of waste food containing unprocessed pig meat or pig meat products.

There you go...if improperly cooked or raw contaminated pork made its way into the food chain....

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You can blame them for circumventing our market rules though.

We have truth in advertising, and if they sell honey, it needs to be honey, not sugar labeled as honey. Now they could sell it as honey food product in the tradition of Velveeta being "cheese food product," but if they're labeling it honey just like it came from a real bee hive produced by bees, it needs to be honey.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

By consent, in order to sell goods here, they have to follow our regulations and standards both in terms of product quality and in terms of facilities where those goods are produced. All the components in those goods have to do likewise.

Do you remember the dog food melamine scare? At some point, the chain broke down and a component used in the manufacture was exposed to a chemical it never should have if all parties in the supple chain were being regulation compliant.

China has a reputation for laxity internally, meaning its internal standards for what its people get are far different than what it will do in order to trade, but as China is also a single entity - state and business are basically one - corruption is high and its easy for wires to get crossed.

Think about it. There is a reason why you here those stories about Chinese tourists to Australia stocking up on as much powdered milk as they can buy. It's partially because they cannot trust their own milk supply from day to day, week to week.
edit on 17-3-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Well no I am not a farmer so I wont pretend that I know much about farm animals. I do know pigs are carnivores and will eat what ever they are given. So the question remains.... are they feeding the pigs pork? Because they sure are not going out and getting it themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I wonder if the idiots with the pig masks had anything to do with this......

Location is approximate.

NO! We were in Vegas not burying a showgirl in the desert.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join