It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor signs KY bill into law allowing concealed carry without permit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this one...Mods move at your discretion.

I do agree with this.

Especially the way things are going these days.........no permit needed to conceal carry.

www.14news.com...

FRANKFORT, KY (WAVE) - Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin signed a bill to change gun laws in the Commonwealth. Bevin signed the NRA-backed measure, Senate Bill 150, into law Monday. It allows anyone 21 and over to carry a concealed weapon without a permit in the state of Kentucky.

A step in the right direction.....criminals have never needed a concealed carry permit......why should regular people?

edit on R362019-03-12T09:36:23-05:00k363Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R372019-03-12T09:37:13-05:00k373Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R382019-03-12T09:38:46-05:00k383Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Here's a message from the NRA

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I like guns, but not everyone needs to have one at all times.

I guess time will tell on the statistics of allowing this. I'm open to being proven wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Way to go Bluegrass state.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I have friends who are going to be extremely happy about this

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Kentucky just scored a point on my places to retire to list.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think in July it will become a lot harder to assault/rob/rape in the state of Kentucky.

If your of the criminal type, picking a target will get a whole lot more difficult.

Will shootings of people with guns by police go up?

There's a lot of ways to look at it and analyze it......but where I live in retirement, if you don't have home protection if something was to happen (extremely unlikely).... you would simply become another statistic. That's just the way it is.

edit on R002019-03-12T10:00:57-05:00k003Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I am pretty far to the left and I have no problem with this law.

What bothers me is allowing military style assault rifles to be legal. I think clip size should be regulated or guns should require manual loading so people cannot kill 50 people in 3 minutes with high powered weapons.

Yet, at the same time I get it that people who love guns are collectors and just love the technology of guns.

I'm not sure what the answer is but this site sort of bothers me:

Mass Shooting Tracker

It sure would be nice to analyze all these mass shootings and maybe come up with a way of regulating guns to reduce the number of mass shootings. But it's just too political for any kind of rational public policy.

The second amendment guarantees the states have the right to form their own militias. Since the Supreme court as interpreted this means people have unlimited gun rights this issue is just like abortion. The Supreme court rules.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What bothers me is allowing military style assault rifles to be legal. I think clip size should be regulated or guns should require manual loading so people cannot kill 50 people in 3 minutes with high powered weapons.

Yet, at the same time I get it that people who love guns are collectors and just love the technology of guns.

Mass Shooting Tracker

It sure would be nice to analyze all these mass shootings and maybe come up with a way of regulating guns to reduce the number of mass shootings. But it's just too political for any kind of rational public policy.

The second amendment guarantees the states have the right to form their own militias. Since the Supreme court as interpreted this means people have unlimited gun rights this issue is just like abortion. The Supreme court rules.

Stop buying into the propaganda. There is no such thing as a "military style assault rifles". You can shoot a handgun just as fast as you can a semi-auto rifle. The Virgina Tech shooting as done with two handguns. Less than 300 people per year are killed by rifles OF ANY KIND.

Sure, gun manufacturers make guns to look "TactiCool," but they are not the same thing as real military rifles.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Mass Shooting Tracker

Ok...one more time.
It's not a " clip " it's a magazine.

If you don't even know what it is, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Some would say that's 300 too many.

But I agree with you. Handguns are just as deadly.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Some would say that's 300 too many.

But I agree with you. Handguns are just as deadly.

It is tragic, but in a nation of 300 million people it really is a non factor. statistically I could say the same thing about swimming pools. There are about 3500 non boat related swimming drownings every year. 1 in five are children under 14. We should ban swimming pools.... after all, it is for the children.

In 2014, less than 250 people were killed with a rifle, including the much maligned AR-15 platform. By contrast, 3,827 were stabbed or beat to death.

Focusing on "Assault rifles" in the gun debate shows a lack of understanding basic math and statistics and makes me think something else is at play.

If the left focused more on handguns, I could take them more seriously.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Pretty much every firearm ever made, at one time, was a "military style weapon".

Flintlocks.....MILITARY WEAPON

45lc revolver......MILITARY WEAPON

It's a foolish point to argue.

Also, that mass shooter site is garbage data, littered with "unknowns" that are no doubt gang violence and suicides to inflate data for their agenda.
edit on 12-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good on them but the 2nd gives people that right and it is the fault of the nra that states have to attempt to outline the right via individual law.

Nearly every law involving the 2nd has been put into the books via the nra.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
More disputes in KY will be solved with gunfights

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Ky is the 16th state to no longer require a permit.

Did gunfights go up in the other 15 states?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Ky is the 16th state to no longer require a permit.

Did gunfights go up in the other 15 states?

Probably.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Any conversation about gun violence that doesn't address the base causes for gun violence are, IMO, useless.

Things like drug decriminalization, violence in our media, education, mental health etc must be addressed.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We did this up here in Maine- late 2015. Before then we had to get CCW permits- the process cost more than a basic handgun and took many hours with tons of paperwork.

We saw a small (10%?) drop in 'violent crimes' in 2016 compared to 2015. I say that's small only because the overall population is limited.

Having trouble finding stats for the 2017 and up... but so far so good.

way to go KY!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I like guns, but not everyone needs to have one at all times.

I guess time will tell on the statistics of allowing this. I'm open to being proven wrong.

Well, great.

So if you'll just tell us when we need to have one that would be super. I'll take notes.

<<   2 >>

join