It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Bans Tommy Robinson’s Book, ‘Mohammed’s Koran’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Start a petition. I'm sure if you get enough people Amazon will remove it from their listing.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Read the constitution.

Instead of supporting FASCISM.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I do think they are cherry picking what they want to see and what they don't want to sell but that is their prerogative.

Right now Tommy Robinson is toxic in the UK, its kind of working in his favour because he is trying to create this mythos around him as the champion of freedom of speech and vanguard of the fight against Islam who is being silenced by the state. Now really thats totally rubbish but he is no doubt going to twist this to further spread this myth so in a way I think it was wrong of them to ban the book. Yet its up to Amazon what they sell and dont sell.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: mobiusmale

It's social engineering, selective censorship and steering the population to think a certain way.

I hate to break it to you, but governments have been doing this since the Sumeriannss .

It's not a new thing.

No, it's not a new thing. But I'm still calling it out all the same.

link   
I wasn't interested in the book until now.
They just sold me a copy out of spite.
edit on 6-3-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

link   

The Constitution limits the government. Amazon is not the government. The fact that you want the government to step in and limit Amazon's freedom sounds more like fascism.

link   

You can have all the freedom you want unless it's against their religion.

But when people push back on their bs then their being "waged war upon".

But that's none of my business.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Try again.

Wedding cakes changed the dynamic.

Private business can't discriminate.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

There are alternatives to every company you mentioned. Why don't ppl use them? Because they are the best at what they do.

I don't consider their services "necessities", in the sense that electric service is, for example.

I don't want government poking their nose into free markets. That is very dangerous.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So you're arguing against protected classes. Sexual orientation is a protected class. People that are anti-Islam is not a protected class.

Let me guess, you support laws that allow businesses to refuse service based on religious (*cough* Christian *cough*) beliefs.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Not sure if you commented in my thread in the rant forum about 'free speech' which has now beeen closed by ATS for review but that thread was gaining attention which some members of ATS don't like, so they go out of their way to derail the thread! Pretty sure they may come try and get your thread closed down too.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The argument is.

Free speech,

And clearly some people do not understand what it means.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The Constitution limits the government. Amazon is not the government. The fact that you want the government to step in and limit Amazon's freedom sounds more like fascism.

Its kind of a wired position they put themselves in isn't it.

On the one hand they want to cry that its a breach of his freedom of speech yet on the other want to restrict Amazons freedom to sell what they want on their website, some would say this is amazon exerting their freedom of speech in a way. So we have this interesting argument whereby some want to defend one individuals freedom of speech by infringing on the freedom of speech of others. The paradoxical nature of this line of argument nullifies it.

The truth is that its not a freedom of speech issue though, its simply a decision made by amazing I think its fair for people to exert their own freedom of speech to express disagreement with this decision but it is incorrect of them in my view to use the freedom of speech defence.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Including you, since you want Amazon to be legally required to sell a book.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The argument is.

Free speech,

And clearly some people do not understand what it means.

Don't you see the paradox in your argument.

On the one hand you are saying that Tommys freedom of speech is being infringed upon by amazon yet on the other you want to infringe upon their freedom of speech and have them forced to sell it. Its a paradoxical argument that does not work.

I get that you might want to express your disagreement with the decision but it's wrong to claim that they are infringing upon his freedom of speech.

edit on 6-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There's another fun argument that can be made. A lot of these people that demand Robinson's book be sold are the same ones that claim the Constitution only protects US citizens. Robinson is not a US citizen, so why do they believe he should be protected by the Constitution?
edit on 3/6/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You make a good point but I think that harps back to a bigger fallacy that I often see where by Americans (sorry not all of you just a few) seem to struggle with how different states have different laws and that the Constitution is not some global bill of rights that must be adhered to.

Its like there is a bit of an ignorance as to how different states conduct justice and politics in general.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Amazon sells Mein Kampf.

They've no right to ban anything.

I disagree. That goes against everything i believe about true freedom.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Who the feck cares what they and do not sell? This is capitalism dude. Love it or hate it, doesn't matter man. You have to live with it.
Me personally I wouldn't sell anything with that Dbags name on it either.
BTW if you really don't like Amazon then just don't use it.
BAM problem solved dude. Move on.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

How do you figure?

Hitler murdered millions.

Robinson wrote a book critical of Islam.

Seems to me if Amazon was being consistent.

Mein Kampf would have been banned and wasn't.

Robinson's book has been on sale since 2017, and only now gets 'banned'.

www.amazon.com...

It's a well established fact.

Islam isn't a religion of peace.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join