It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chevron/Boomerang shaped UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Everyone here knows about the classic 'saucer' and modern 'triangle' shaped UFOs, but I rarely see commentary about chevron and Boomerang shaped UFOs... Even though many of the most famous, and most public, Ufo sightings have involved this class of UFO (the Lubbock lights, the Phoenix lights, etc.).

Arguably, this class of UFO has been, in terms of raw numbers of witnesses, the most seen AND photographed type of unknown craft to date.. yet, it seems like few people have done any research into how they work and what they are.

So, I was wondering if any of you guys had some good links about chevron/boomerang shaped UFOs.. or, even, if you knew for sure that they were a certain type of aircraft? My belief is that they are trully extraterrestrial, as Lubbock occured way before the USAF could even think about building something on that scale. But, just as many of you believe that the Big Black Deltas are really the TR-3, I was wondering if there was a theorized 'type' of craft these UFOs are associated with.

Jim

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
For those who don't know, a chevron is shaped like this... ^

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You mean like the one that appeared over Pheonix, AZ? I think thats were it was.....where one guy who said it said a "whole squadron of B-2's could have been placed on one side of the wing."

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yes, like that.

I cn't think of a way to describe them verbally in such a way that can communicate their appearance, as they 'sound' like their shaped like the B-2 when you hear about them.... but when you see a drawing or photo, you realize that they're not 'flying wings' ... they're very aesthetic looking, in a way.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I have been looking around to see if a 'sketch' or something was made of this but I have had no luck. I haven't encountered any sites saying 'who' this may belong to or if 'we' had anything to do with it. I posted on the TR-3B and I understood that this craft was a fairly big craft but not the size of the one spotted or believed seen in Pheonix, AZ.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good point to bring up. These things are really quite common in terms of the amount of sightings that have occured. My guess is that their resemblance to normal craft makes people blase and just assume they are x craft. However I`ve no reason to suspect they are any more likely to be human than alien.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
thought I`d stick in a link to a relatively recent sighting of a boomerang shaped craft.

www.ufoindia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Actually, the original reported "flying saucer" incident in 1947, when Kenneth Arnold made his report after sighting a formation of UFOs over the Cascade Mountains were described as chevron or boomerang shaped, possibly with a hole or other penetration visible through the body of the craft.

Apparently the phrase "flying saucer" came during Mr. Arnolds interview with a reporter who asked how the UFOs flew. Mr. Arnold replied that it looked like "skipping a saucer over water".

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes... thanks for bringing that up. The things (because he saw more than one) he saw were all 'crescent' shaped, they only flew like "saucers skipping over water."

...Which makes you wonder about 'pure' saucers. It may very well turn out that they only fly things that look like coat hangers and boomerangs.

Thanks for bringing that up, D-R.

join