It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My hotel has robots delivering towels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
www.hotelfandb.com...

Hotel EMC2, an “art- and science-inspired hotel” in Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood, already had used two concierge robots since opening about a year and a half ago. The hotel would dispatch the bots, named Leo and Cleo, to deliver amenities such as extra towels or a toothbrush to guest rooms. Now, the property officially has promoted Leo and Cleo to delivering food and drink.

I haven't stayed there yet, but was taken aback when I read about the robots.
We are going to see a lot more of this, everywhere. There is going to be a time in the very near future that we
don't have a choice to use a touch screen or human, it will just be touch screen.

I find it ironic that Chicago just had a hotel workers strike.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Finally, a reason to visit Chicago!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"And that's when the whores move in......"

Sorry, great movie.

Soon everyplace will be crawling with them. The robots I mean and I suppose some of them may be whores.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.hotelfandb.com...

Hotel EMC2, an “art- and science-inspired hotel” in Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood, already had used two concierge robots since opening about a year and a half ago. The hotel would dispatch the bots, named Leo and Cleo, to deliver amenities such as extra towels or a toothbrush to guest rooms. Now, the property officially has promoted Leo and Cleo to delivering food and drink.

We are going to see a lot more of this, everywhere. There is going to be a time in the very near future that we
don't have a choice to use a touch screen or human, it will just be touch screen.

Makes sense. Robots don't go on strike... it would also free up humans to do other more productive things. Do you really want your highly paid union hotel worker bringing people toothbrushes and towels?

A hotel is a perfect place to do this type of robotic stuff as you have defined hallways, rooms, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Two words for you: Technological unemployment.

I'm not sure about the last part though.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Ugly stuff.

I am not a big fan of touch screen ordering, or dealing with robots, but pricing humans out of the job market with higher minimum wages is only going to expedite this trend, especially where I live in Illinois. Yikes!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

If AI/Robots do take over Human Jobs and in the filed this will backfire on the elitists who live in gated communities.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Do they knock? Or drop your toothbrush in the hallway and leave.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hmm, do the offer a turn down service?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You haven't even seen the beginning of it yet.

Once they push everyone into seeking the same 5 jobs all of you will realize your outdated financial arguments have left you with nothing.

You cant run from it.
edit on 19-2-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The only jobs left for humans at some point will be fixing computers and robots. I’m exaggerating of course but fifty years ago a friend of mine who’s father was an engineer told a few of us kids that most jobs would be done by computers and robots in the future.

We all laughed, but it looks like he wasn’t far off.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is how it starts. First, they take our jobs...

Then, women named "Sarah Conner" start turning up dead, at the hands of an Austrian cyborg...

Hollywood has warned us...
edit on 19-2-2019 by madmac5150 because: Comma defiency disorder

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
You haven't even seen the beginning of it yet.

Once they push everyone into seeking the same 5 jobs all of you will realize your outdated financial arguments have left you with nothing.

You cant run from it.

Hey, didn't you just graduate for coding or something? PD, capitalism is not going anywhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.hotelfandb.com...

Makes sense. Robots don't go on strike... it would also free up humans to do other more productive things. Do you really want your highly paid union hotel worker bringing people toothbrushes and towels?

A hotel is a perfect place to do this type of robotic stuff as you have defined hallways, rooms, etc.

Do you really think that's what they will do with the freed-up stuff? I don't . They will use the robots to do the human jobs and then fire the humans, therefore improving their bottom line. They aren't going to take the humans who used to deliver towels and give them a different job. Not gonna happen. At grocery stores: do you see more workers in the store for each self-checkout line they put in? I don't. I see more self checkout lines and less employees in the stores.
edit on 19-2-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So tell me , were they Sexy Female Robots who offered other Services , or just some Electronic Bum Rush ?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
And, if you do not tip the robots, they hit you with their built in cattle prod.

Since they are AI. they do not need to follow the laws.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Alexa , give me a B.J. then Berate Me Please ...............

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
sure gonna be hard to compete with a robot that can keep your food heated.

kid: Yes i'd like to apply for the bellhop position please
employer : oh ok great. Do you have an oven in your stomach?
Kid: uh well, no, but...
employer: thats ok thats ok. would you be expecting money from this position?
Kid: well uh, yeah.
employer: oh I'm sorry, this is probably not a good fit for you.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What about the human hotel staff?? They will have to go on benefits until they can find another job or?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I watched a documentary on this over the weekend.

There is a full auto hotel in Japan. The front desk are robots (one looks like a girl, the other a T-Rex). The porters are all little robots that move around the hotel with your bags or doing room deliveries. The cleaning is done by robots as well.

You can see it being the future no doubt. One guy from Japan said that the Japanese are more inclined to accept automation in the form of robots due to their beliefs that inanimate objects can have a "soul".

Was an interesting watch.

<<   2 >>

join