It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abstinence-only sex education increases teen pregnancy in conservative US states, study finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So , one has to turn to a UK media for their news ?
From a study by one HADES of a liberal group ?
Close to PP?
More teens having sex ?
Another news flash
The sky is blue
Film at 11:00

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How do you know these teens didn’t give up on the barrier method because dems and their lapdog media have convinced everybody that “barriers don’t work”.
edit on 6-2-2019 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Jerry? Jerry Lee....is that you?

Abstinence is just the Prohibition of the day. Peeps just hate being told no.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So teenaged girls can't keep their legs closed. What of it

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Despite what you might think, I am not totally pro choice. I could NEVER, if I were a woman have an abortion. The only way I would have one, is if the baby would not live anyway. I work with disabled children. Sometimes, they offer more joy, than we ever do.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I dont really care either way about abortion.
I would never suggest it in my own life but I don't tell others what they should do.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Nobody ever got pregnant or a sexually transmitted disease from masturbation. Just weighing in on the issue.

That's totally correct, and the vast majority of teens are aware of this. It's not going to stop those urges, pressures, emotions, social standards toward sex. We may not agree, but it's just a reality. Making them aware of their options and of protections, precautions is important.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nobody ever got pregnant or a sexually transmitted disease from masturbation. Just weighing in on the issue.

I feel like youre probably an authority on that........feel free to start an education course......

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Free condom dispensers in High School bathrooms would help drive down teenage pregnancy in my opinion.

It's abstinence training alone is not as powerful as teenage hormones.

Or, maybe we have program where teenage girls can get birth control for free. That would cut down the number of abortions.

The human body just want's copulation ALL the time by intelligent design.

Teenage girls can already get birth control through planned parenthood without parental consent, obviously thats not working either if these charts are to be believed

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Please, talk to your children, i’m a 61, male and I am still waiting for the talk from my parents. My Mate got pregnant at a very unprepared 18. Her mother said in public many time, “ I would rather my daughters got pregnant than to use birth control”. Well she got her foolish wish as both of her daughters were very pregnant when they got married.

Again, please talk to your kids. It nearly destroyed our lives. The first 10 years of married life was hell and it didn’t have to be that way. We both went to night school and finally had rewarding careers, but it was as hard as hell with a small child.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am stunned that forcing teens not to have sex results in them having sex. Stunned.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not sure why we wouldn't want to teach safe sex practices in this day and age. I think we should push abstinence, but safe sex should be taught as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join