It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Crossbreeding with Humans Simply Impossible Right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Alright listen I'm a 15 year old in chemistry class and we've learned a while ago that there must be an exact number of chromosomes to form a viable living human. The egg and the sperm combine chromosomes to get an exact number (32 i think it is but not sure...). Without this number the egg will not even begin to form. So, to the point, for aliens to be able to 'breed' or 'crossbreed' with us they would need the same number of chromosomes. Humans cannot even breed with apes or chimps (our closest relatives) so how in the world could it be possible for beings from "across the gulf of space" to mate and produce offspring with us humans. The odds are mind blowing when you consider the fact that a simple fern has something like 1000 chromosomes.

So to sum it up, I do not believe that abduction stories featuring crossbreeding of any kind could be true.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well, earthlings need to take into account that Extra Tr=errestrial science is far more advanced than that of our own. I'm betting they've already figured out how to meld one type of DNA to another by now. I mean they've built fantastically advanced machines that could probably travel through time and space. Why would they have not been able to master tinkering with DNA by now?

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
ETs, if they are coming here, and I do believe they are coming here, are seemingly held to a very high standard of what is possible and impossible with them. If you are a space faring race of beings and can cut across multiple light years to observe and interact with another intelligent species, then I see no reason to assume it would be impossible for them to take our DNA and use it in combination with their own. At some point all technological impossibilities are bound to be broken through long and hard research.

join