It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles Outbreak and What to Know

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for the info. Looks like the Seattle man may have exposed others to it at Harborview and SeaTac.

A case was already confirmed in Portland9and across the way in Vancouver Wash.more here). Five-hundred people may have been exposed from that and 40 are/were being monitored. One source on it.

Best hopes it stops at these cases, be safe all!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

I don't want to sidetrack this thread but please don't try to blame it all on the "anti-vaxxers".
How many of the Illegal (Undocumented) border crossers were vaccinated before coming so freely into this country, and how many get vaccinated after finding a place to hide from ICE?
My bet would be none.

You would lose that bet. You can safely blame the anti-vaxxers.

Despite challenges in accessing basic primary care services in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, each country reports high immunization coverage among children. Vaccination coverage in El Salvador varies from 90% to 93%, depending on the vaccine, while vaccination coverage ranges from 93% to 98% and 88% to 93% in Guatemala and Honduras, respectively19. El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras administer vaccines in accordance with the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Expanded Program on Immunization.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One of the measles can make you infertile. I forget if that's Rubella or German measles (they may be the same thing).

Right on both counts... Rubella is the German measles, and it can cause sterility in men. I didn't read anything about women though. It's also more severe than simple measles.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

You're welcome!

We have some family up in the Vancouver and Washougal area. It's got some folks pretty spooked I know. I tried to reassure and found what info I could for them, hence the OP. I figured it was info worth sharing.

And yes, let's hope it ends quickly and without any deaths or other long-term effects!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I wonder if measles is like chicken pox, that the later in life you get them, the more severe the reaction?

What happens when you get the measles? Is there a 5% chance of death? Does it produce a lasting impact that will follow you throughout life? I don't get it.

There is one obvious clue that vaccination works. In 1980, 2.6 million people died of it, and in 1990, 545,000 died; by 2014, after global vaccination programs were introduced, deaths were down to73,000.
And a common result of measles is profound incurable deafness.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheComte

Really?
Thanks for sharing. Read this.

Tuberculosis, flu, infections rampant as the number of sick migrants surge at border

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times
Monday, December 31, 2018

m.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I see someone already mentioned it can cause sterility in men as can Mumps by the way.

The most at risk, children too young to be vaccinated, depend on the adults to protect them by vaccinating themselves and siblings who are older.

It's also adults who give infants Whooping Cough which can be fatal for infants that can't be vaccinated yet.

I had them all. We had no vaccines. There is no excuse now for it. Two of my classmates in grade school died from Whooping Cough while I was struggling to survive it. Five days of extreme fevers and hell that no child should have to go through now because of uncaring adults or myths about vaccines.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think you would lose the bet. The anti Vader’s have nothing to do with it. I guess no one here has heard about the whistleblower lawsuit let alone read the public document case files. I did and I am lost for words on many levels.

Google Krahling v Merck and read for yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

I fail to see what that article has to do with vaccination rates in the countries the migrants are coming from. People are sick, I don't dispute that.

But you said you'd bet that no one was vaccinated BEFORE coming to USA. Clearly that is incorrect, as the CDC confirms.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: INTJLibra

I think you would lose the bet. The anti Vader’s have nothing to do with it. I guess no one here has heard about the whistleblower lawsuit let alone read the public document case files. I did and I am lost for words on many levels.

Google Krahling v Merck and read for yourself.

The trial hasn't even started yet but it seems you've already reached a verdict that all vaccines are bad and don't work. I don't know if Merck faked effectiveness tests in this case. It's obviously wrong if they did, but it in no way proves that vaccines in general are ineffective, or worse cause autism or some crap like that.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I had the regular measles and also the German measles when I was young. I never had any other measles even when my youngest daughter had them over thirty years ago. Strangely, she had the measles yet they required her to get a vaccine for it when she went to do some work in the hospital. That vaccine triggered an immune response and she felt like crap for four or five days, during the flight and three days while she worked there.

There is no common sense with these vaxxers, they haven't got a clue of how the immune system works, you do not get a measles shot if you already have immunity, it can trigger a bad reaction because the immune system is trying to kill the disease and there is no living disease to kill, just antigens and chemistry.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

There is one obvious clue that vaccination works. In 1980, 2.6 million people died of it, and in 1990, 545,000 died; by 2014, after global vaccination programs were introduced, deaths were down to73,000. And a common result of measles is profound incurable deafness.

You're right -- German Measles -- or Rubella -- can result in deafness; but the outbreak we're experiencing now is simple measles. Blindness has historically been a common adverse outcome with simple measles, mostly due to Vitamin A deficiency. Recommendations now are for high dose Vitamin A for infants and children. Like 200,000 IUs, with a second dose a few weeks later. These Vitamin A doses have also reduced the incidence of pneumonia and encephalitis.

It's not just the vaccinations which have helped reduce complications and even deaths from childhood diseases like measles. Better nutrition -- including here -- have also contributed.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I know I had both measles and chicken pox; my older siblings also had mumps, but I don't think I did. My kids had both the chicken pox and measles too. My daughter had the pox twice -- much worse the second time. There was no vaccination then for chicken pox, and it was too late when it did come out. I think they actually got the measles from the vaccination. The doctor thought so because they had just received the vaccination a few days before, and it was a mild case.

But the county freaked out and kept wanting me to go down and have him tested. I did twice, then the doctor told me I really didn't have to, so I refused after that. I think they were worried about an outbreak. They were probably very relieved that my kids weren't in school yet and I was a stay-at-home mom so no preschool either!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The trial hasn't even started yet but it seems you've already reached a verdict that all vaccines are bad and don't work. I don't know if Merck faked effectiveness tests in this case. It's obviously wrong if they did, but it in no way proves that vaccines in general are ineffective, or worse cause autism or some crap like that.

Maybe... maybe not. The problem is corruption at all levels that will not allow the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth:

Today we investigate one of the biggest medical controversies of our time: vaccines. There’s little dispute about this much-- vaccines save many lives, and rarely, they injure or kill. A special federal vaccine court has paid out billions for injuries from brain damage to death. But not for the form of brain injury we call autism. Now—we have remarkable new information: a respected pro-vaccine medical expert used by the federal government to debunk the vaccine-autism link, says vaccines can cause autism after all. He claims he told that to government officials long ago, but they kept it secret.

In 2007, Yates’ case and nearly all the other vaccine autism claims lost. The decision was based largely on the expert opinion of this man, Dr. Andrew Zimmerman, a world-renowned pediatric neurologist shown here at a lecture.

Dr. Zimmerman was the government’s top expert witness and had testified that vaccines didn’t cause autism. The debate was declared over.

But now Dr. Zimmerman has provided remarkable new information. He claims that during the vaccine hearings all those years ago, he privately told government lawyers that vaccines can, and did cause autism in some children.

Dr. Zimmerman declined our interview request and referred us to his sworn affidavit. It says: On June 15, 2007, he took aside the Department of Justice—or DOJ lawyers he worked for defending vaccines in vaccine court. He told them that he’d discovered “exceptions in which vaccinations could cause autism.” “I explained that in a subset of children, vaccine induced fever and immune stimulation did cause regressive brain disease with features of autism spectrum disorder.”

Kennedy: This panicked the two DOJ attorneys and they immediately fired Zimmerman. That was on a Friday and over the weekend they called Zimmerman and said his services would no longer be needed. They wanted to silence him.

Days after the Department of Justice lawyers fired Dr. Zimmerman as their expert witness, he alleges, they went on to misrepresent his opinion to continue to debunk autism claims. Records show that on June 18, 2007, a DOJ attorney Dr. Zimmerman spoke to told vaccine court, “We know [Dr. Zimmerman’s] views on the issue...There is no scientific basis for a connection” between vaccines and autism. Dr. Zimmerman now calls that “highly misleading.”

The Vaccination Debate

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Sadly I knew a boy who died from Reyes syndrome when he was given aspirin when he had the chicken pox.
Never give aspirin to children under fifteen.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

When I was a child the only recourse was to expose your child to the disease so they develop antibodies.
Measels, chicken pox, mumps, german measles, I had them all as did my siblings. There was no vaccine.
Mothers did the spreading of the disease so that all the kids got it and got over it in the same bout.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This space available.... call I81-U812 for details and special move in offers.
edit on 1112019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sadly I knew a boy who died from Reyes syndrome when he was given aspirin when he had the chicken pox.
Never give aspirin to children under fifteen.

I'm so sorry... that is sad.

Thank you for mentioning it. Our doctor at the time really stressed that too.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I know exactly what you are saying.
When I was a kid, I had every communicable disease known to man. If a kid close by our house got sick, the first thing my mother would do was load all of us kids up and go down for a 'play date"; didn't call it that then but ...

I think it is sad now days that people run from the "minor" ailments like these and so many kids have bad reactions to the vaccines. Yes, I know about those who have bad reactions to the diseases, but living in a glass house is not the answer.

Some times you just have to "get tough or die". There just are no good choices.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

When I was a child the only recourse was to expose your child to the disease so they develop antibodies.
Measels, chicken pox, mumps, german measles, I had them all as did my siblings. There was no vaccine.
Mothers did the spreading of the disease so that all the kids got it and got over it in the same bout.

Thats probably why in 1941 over 1000 kids died from measles but in 2001 there was only 1.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join