It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should people be allowed to smoke on a public beach?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If they add to the trash, I say yes ban it. They dont care so why should someone else pick up their trash.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No, it shouldn't be.

Littering should be illegal. If it is illegal to litter there, then they should employ people to monitor. They'll more than compensate fur their paychecks through hefty fines.

I smoke, but not once have I tossed my cigarette butts on the beach. Soda cans, water bottles, trash cans.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I had a friend once who had diabetes pretty bad, it didn't help that she loved to party and stuff. Whilst her ways were destructive and dangerous (I once had to give her insulin) she also got it from all angles with regards to the diabetes.

Thing is on the surface she had life pretty good, steady job, good looks, decent person etc but her drinking was a way of escapism, her family and friends always had a go at her. I found out then that pushing people away or pressuring them rarely has the effect we look for. Gotta have compassion and care for others regardless of their ways... To an extent of course.

It's never good damaging yourself due to others choices. My grandmother smoked all her life and died in here 80's off lung cancer, she didn't even fight it. The smoking killed her but at the same time she lived a long life, had a large family and did good by most of her family.

I always try to look past a person's issues, they shouldn't define our views of them.

Your a good chap Terry sometimes we have to draw lines, I fully understand that.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'm not the bestat handling stress, usually it's other people that stress me out.

This has a negative effect on my health. Seems other people have long term and short terms detrimental effects on my health.

Sooo, what's the advice doc?
edit on 5-1-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
First they'll come for your cigarettes, then they'll come for your vapes...then they will come for your plastic cricket bats/volley balls/footballs.

its a slippery slope, I tell ya!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Propagandalf

Right. And when we do, some say ok, I'll put it out or move somewhere else. However there are also those who go into a ''it's my right to smoke here and it's your problem if you don't like it. Ever come across one of those? I have and not as an isolated incident.

Oh I have, indeed. The problem with freedom is that we often end up in situations we do not like. And people often exploit the freedoms, essentially ruining them for others. I just do not think resorting to statism and taking away their freedom is the correct response for what seems like a minor inconvenience. Personally, I would much rather move to a different spot than to have another's freedom given away.

This is what it really looks like on some Florida beaches. There might not be another area to move to. So should people that don't want to breath in second hand smoke just not get to enjoy public beaches because of someone's addition?

You should not go there if that is how you feel. I wouldn't. I vote with MY FEET. I like to find the more quiet beaches that are public when the party beaches crank up. There are a lot of places we can go see the ocean and get our feet wet

edit on 6-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: diggindirt

Why not?

Some here find smoking offensive and eligible for banning.

Why not fatty-fats?

My Dad always told me that as soon as THey had gotten rid of the smokers THey would go for the fat people next. The same argument that was made FOR seat belts can be made against the fatties. They cost us a lot of money when we have to treat all the problems that lugging around an extra 50 or 100 pounds cause. So I say ban and tax the peedoddle out of them. Two problems solved right there. Next.

Heil Diggindirt.. Ya

/sarc

That sounds so inhumane and Far leftist. But I am redundant.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: diggindirt

Why not?

Some here find smoking offensive and eligible for banning.

Why not fatty-fats?

DB, just know I'd never vote you off the beach. For smoking or for being a fatty fat. These leftists don't know a twig from a tree. It's astonishing in a way.

BTW, just know you're beautiful.

Do you consider a Republican a Leftist? That is who is driving this!

Senate Republican on Wednesday filed a proposal that would make it illegal for people to smoke on public beaches.
www.sun-sentinel.com...

RINO's are leftist, so I do.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Thanks guys I think I have been reasonably informed about this. It seems like the litter is a big deal, I see more of a problem with it than plastic straws... I do see how enforcing the littering ban might be more specific. I enjoyed this thread because people are actually being reasonable. Community service cleaning up the beaches or a small fine sound appropriate.
edit on 06amSun, 06 Jan 2019 11:45:47 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Tobacco farms and plants, wherever they are; should be sprayed with glysophate every year or a GMO beetle should be developed to make the plant become extinct.

Dirty, filthy, stinking, choking stuff it is.

Smells like smouldering cow s..t. How do I know? because when I was a kid on my mums dairy farm, we used to use it to set fire to dry trees.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join