It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's baaaack Ebola - American Doctor in Nebraska

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Stupid, ignorant, panic?

No.

Yup.

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Imo, Ebola is possibly an excuse to steal resources in Northern Africa. It wouldn't surprise me if those who have Ebola were given it through prior vaccinations. Also, there's been cures for Ebola since at least 2014. Imo, a bigger concern is the return of Swine flu (H1N1), which journalist Bre Payton recently died from. The Clinton's/Deep State could have had her infected for all we know. I wouldn't be surprised if Zika pops up again too.

www.breitbart.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Imo, Ebola is possibly an excuse to steal resources in Northern Africa.
The outbreak is not in northern Africa.

Also, there's been cures for Ebola since at least 2014.
No.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can see where you might feel that response was excessive. Fortunately, nothing like that has happened yet. But any time a disease like this reaches a highly and densely populated area with free and rapid travel there is the potential for something very bad to happen. The fact that it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't or never will. One particularly virulent strain and things could change very quickly. I hope we continue to avoid that scenario.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

More info on what happened

"The physician was working at a missionary hospital in the DRC and treated a severely ill patient who subsequently tested positive for Ebola, according to a government official with knowledge of the case. The physician one day later received the experimental Ebola vaccine as a post-exposure preventive measure and has been under observation for a week."

www.politico.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I can see where you might feel that response was excessive.

And I expect nothing less in the future.

Hurray for ATS.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JAGStorm

or something that we should be worried about?

Yeah. One person, who probably received the vaccine, currently asymptomatic and in isolation.

When in worry,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout.

She should never have been allowed back into the US!

Ha, I got a chuckle from that.

Especially agree with the last part. I'm overkill on protocols. Should have been quarantined better before leaving.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Imo, Ebola is possibly an excuse to steal resources in Northern Africa.
The outbreak is not in northern Africa.

Also, there's been cures for Ebola since at least 2014.
No.

Excuse my ignorance regarding Northern Africa. I was referring to countries North of South Africa. There has been a cure for Ebola since @ 2014 according to NBC. Please read my links in my previous post, especially the last link which describes the amount of resources in the Congo.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

There has been has been a cure for Ebola since @ 2014 according to NBC.
You maybe should read your sources:

They were the first human beings to receive an experimental drug called ZMapp. But they are not the first people to have recovered from Ebola, and good hospital care is likely more responsible for their recovery than any mysterious “serum," as the charities they work for termed it.

There’s no specific cure for Ebola, but doctors with experience treating it say they have found that if people get early supportive care, including saline solution and fever reducers, they are far more likely to recover.

www.nbcnews.com...

Please read my links in my previous post, especially the last link which describes the amount of resources in the Congo.
I am quite aware that the DRC is rich in natural resources, but it is not northern Africa.

edit on 12/29/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yes, I conceded to that fact. I was referring to countries North of S. Africa. I read another article which states that Ibuprofen and Toremifene can help kill the Ebola virus as well. So good hospitals are a cure for Ebola. Problem solved.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Your source:

"It's unlikely these compounds, as they are now, would be useful drugs for Ebola," Prof Stuart said.

You didn't read very well. No cure as yet, it seems.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

More than likely, SOP for the CDC.

But I'm still OMG and BM in my BVD's.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Read the quotes in your previous post where you said I should read the links in my previous post. The cure is better hospitals. You quoted this.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It's not a cure. But some patients have a better chance of surviving when given care that lets their own immune system deal with the disease.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Ebola is possibly an excuse to steal resources in Northern Africa. It wouldn't surprise me if those who have Ebola were given it through prior vaccinations.

Interesting take.

Those getting Ebola, Re typically be the ones who will be digging those resources out of the ground, the labour.

Why would you kill off your cheap labour?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Imo, they (USA corporations & China) are not trying to kill off their free labor. They're trying to destabilize the country so they can steal resources more easily. There are over 5.5 million people in the Congo. Only 500 people in the congo have been diagnosed with Ebola so far with this current outbreak. So there are plenty of slave laborers left. There's also lots of armed conflict in the Congo. It's basically a war zone

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

or something that we should be worried about?

Yeah. One person, who probably received the vaccine, currently asymptomatic and in isolation.

When in worry,
When in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout.

She should never have been allowed back into the US!

The virus is illegally in the US!

Build that wall!

More seriously, I don't think that there is any danger. A short time under quarantine and the doctor will be declared clear and released. No danger to the public.

Kudos to a brave doctor!

edit on 29/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You're correct. Same as the common cold when looked at in that way. If I got it and didn't die from it because of good hospital care, I'd consider it cured. But yeah, technically there's no cure for the common cold either just like Ebola. Also, more die from the common cold each year vs Ebola but you don't see many panicking about getting the common cold.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Death by ebola is quite dreadful.

Death by cold, not so much, or common.

The fear is justifiable. But when combined with ignorance it becomes problematic. Such is often the case.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure death is bad either way

"In the United States alone, the CDC estimates that more than 200,000 people are hospitalized each year with the flu or with flu-related complications. More than 36,000 people die. The World Health Organization has determined that the flu kills between 250,000 to 500,000 people each year."

www.sharecare.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join