It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Would Not Let US Inspect Russian S-400s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
When Turkey announced they would be buying the Russian S-400 missile defense system from Russia I figured after all the bluster from the USA MIC that it would be a great time for NATO/USA to study the S-400 to see what makes them tic.. Well according to Turkey that ain't gonna happen..

Recently, Bloomberg citing two sources reported that Turkey had allegedly offered the United States to explore the S-400 air defence system, which Russia is set to deliver in the near future under the contract.

In turn, following the report, Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar has categorically rejected reports claiming that Ankara had suggested US technicians could study the Russian-made S-400 missile system.

sputniknews.com...

I would have assumed that Russia said, "we make sale to you and no one else gets to play with them".. Russian advisors and spies are no doubt all over the system..

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Turkey is not stupid.

They would surely be aware of knowledge that the US posses.

I would also use reverse psychology to see if the recipient blurts ...

Ed: hating on auto correct.

edit on 28-12-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Not that I trust Turkey, but if they did, they wouldn't tell anyone that they did it. Russia probably has it in their support contract that they'd pull all post purchase support if they let anyone outside of Russian approved personnel examine the system.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
O good lord why is this even a story.

One it is common sense that if I buy say a car I dont have to let my buddy look under the hood, kick the tires or use it .

I am sure that the same applies here when we sell weapons systems to our allies that they dont let some people/nations look at it.

shees

as also is a poorly kept secret ALL SIDES get some access to each others military equipment though third party means.

this idea that turkey would share their new russian toys OPENLY with the US is just showing the authors (not the OP) ignorance on how the world works.

seems someone is either lazy or just ignorant when they wrote this story.

some editor was not there or asleep that day to let this story get published instead of slapping the author over the head with a copy of it saying "are you really that stupid"

scrounger

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Why should anyone think the US has the right to just go and inspect someone else's toys?

edit on 28-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
Why should anyone think the US has the right to just go and inspect someone else's toys?

maybe because they dont like the smell of borsh?

scrounger

(post by EternalSolace removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

The s-400 is F-35 lunch...

May they both stay unused, rust in their boxes and never see the light of day.

a reply to: scrounger

maybe because they dont like the smell of borsh?

Maybe scrounger, maybe.

Might the Russians know something the Americans don't?

edit on 28-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added second reply

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The s-400 is F-35 lunch...

May they both stay unused, rust in their boxes and never see the light of day.

LMAO... unused? It already has been. And has stolen enough lunch to make its opposition silent.

The F-35...is beyond next gen.

Seriously... when you take into consideration that a new information pipeline had to be developed to transfer all the information a single f-35 takes in to relay to friendly forces....

this is enough to make the most familiar in IT question themselves...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

LMAO... unused? It already has been. And has stolen enough lunch to make its opposition silent. The F-35...is beyond next gen. Seriously... when you take into consideration that a new information pipeline had to be developed to transfer all the information a single f-35 takes in to relay to friendly forces.... this is enough to make the most familiar in IT question themselves...

Hmmm, Australia bought some of those, time will tell how good they are.

Afterthought.

Over on the UFO forum, I have heard the Nimitz battle group with all it's technology couldn't keep up with a bunch of UFOs, USOs or whatever they call them these days. November of the coast . . . .

edit on 28-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: afterthought

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

They did... and there must be a reason for this. When Australian forces realized its full potential, suddenly its not just a black swan airframe.

The F-35... is something seriously out of this world. It's combat presence is a 1000x force multiplier.

This is no exaggeration.... These media reporters can claim that the F-35 is a failure in air to air combat...

If unleashed, the enemy cannot get an aircraft off the ground against an f-35.
edit on 12/28/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I haven't seen any in action, so I'll trust your right. Otherwise our government will have some explaining to do.

Still like to see them up against those UFO things . . . . .
edit on 28-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added aterthought

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I haven't seen any in action, so I'll trust your right. Otherwise our government will have some explaining to do.

Still like to see them up against those UFO things . . . . .

What do you think those ufo sightings really are? haha...

US, UK, Australia... same defense circle.
edit on 12/28/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

(laugh) you win EternalSolace, you win.

I'll buy you a beer

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

LMAO... unused? It already has been. And has stolen enough lunch to make its opposition silent. The F-35...is beyond next gen. Seriously... when you take into consideration that a new information pipeline had to be developed to transfer all the information a single f-35 takes in to relay to friendly forces.... this is enough to make the most familiar in IT question themselves...

Hmmm, Australia bought some of those, time will tell how good they are.

Afterthought.

Over on the UFO forum, I have heard the Nimitz battle group with all it's technology couldn't keep up with a bunch of UFOs, USOs or whatever they call them these days. November of the coast . . . .

I have a friend that was on the Nimitz when this thing happened.....apparently those that actually know about it who were on board were pretty much sworn to keep their mouth shut.....

The only thing he did say , is if whatever it was had negative intent they were dead to rights.....
edit on 12/28/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
As to the op lol sorry i got off topic......

I will say Turkey is no ally to us, and the fact that we keep up these fake allegiances with countries that continually undermine us needs to come to an end......

Its like driving a friend to work every day , who continuously burns your seats with cigarettes........

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thanks for that ManBehindTheMask.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

If US technicians really want to study the S-400 to see what makes them tic, maybe they should just go to Russia and buy it. Why wouldn't the Russians sell it? They sell it to anyone else that can pay, same as all weapons sales. I 100% believe that if Russia and China wanted to switch to F-35s, the US would sell it to them. It's all about money and maintenance contracts. No one is going to start WWIII.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Who thinks Russia cant inspect our stuff over there?

Turkey is terrible. Don't trust them.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust them either. They probably want to inspect it to sabotage it, at least that is what I would think if I were Turkey.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join