It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan appointed acting Pentagon chief

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is the crux of the issue here.

It is better to have a military guy in there. Why? Because he knows who is in charge typically.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its a good job Trump is the bestest at hiring people. Could you imagine the farce and hilarity that would ensue if he was bad at hiring! Some people might say it would make America a joke rather than great!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Mattis will assume a new top-secret role in 10 days.

Re: Bringing our troops home - The new "Space Force" arm of the military will enable "rapid global deployment" from the U.S., according to Mike Pence.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
And Boeing cheers wildly.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Remember folks ....

edit on 23-12-2018 by Cassi3l because: Happy Christmas !

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Maybe that's the idea : an easily swayable idiot !
A lilywhite who'll fold before the likes of Bolton, Pompeo..
A weakling who'll understand the 'big plan' :

"Let's get the troop's back home outta harms way..
..whilst we get ready to deal with Iran...
gett'em refreshed and ready for the next 'challenge'
..stand firm, our azimut, is, positive."

And this fool will be nothing more than a nodding dog...
edit on 23-12-2018 by Cassi3l because: ... and a happy New Year !

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Don't agree with the Donald , you're out.

That's exactly how it works. For every president.

If you're going to apply one standard to Trump and not the others, at least check and see if Trump is doing anything new. I assure you he isn't.

Your point would be valid accept, it isn't, because trump has the highest turnover rate of any president ever.

I mean seriously.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
More fuel to add to the cognitive dissonance fire Trump cultists suffer from.

Shanahan, studied engineering and business at MIT.
Has worked as a Boeing executive his whole career.
So he is smart as hell and has worked within the corporate state and defense contracting his entire adult life.....

Trump rails against the Deep State and talks about draining the Swamp, yet he continues to appoint their minions. Willingly. And has no idea he is doing it.

They play him like a fiddle.
edit on 23-12-2018 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Your point would be valid accept, it isn't, because trump has the highest turnover rate of any president ever. I mean seriously.

And?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Your point would be valid accept, it isn't, because trump has the highest turnover rate of any president ever. I mean seriously.

And?

and... we should dig up what trump said about Obama after his second sec o state in 4 yrs...

or not.. because now it wouldn't help the point ... but we'll use Obama's minute turn overs when its apt

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Maybe a good time to buy stock in Boeing.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

If this insane F-15X deal he helped broker goes through it certainly will be.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I don't like this choice. A cabinet-level secretary of whatever should have worked with or mastered whatever they are a secretary of before the position.

Education sec = an educator
Energy sec = an energy scientist.
Defense = a general or a master of arms.
Health = a doctor.

And so on. Seems like a winning formula IMO.

edit on 12 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Over under on contracts getting thrown out due to this guys ties in the future?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense, when I need medical advice I go the mechanics so naturally he's the perfect man for the job.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Not good. The only reason they threw out the tanker contract in 2001 is because of the blatant bribery that went with it. Unless they can prove that in this case, there's almost no chance of it being tossed.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
President Donald Trump has said Deputy Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan will take the job of Defence Secretary on January 1st undercutting Mattis's date of departure by 2 months.

I am pleased to announce that our very talented Deputy Secretary of Defense, Patrick Shanahan, will assume the title of Acting Secretary of Defense starting January 1, 2019. Patrick has a long list of accomplishments while serving as Deputy, & previously Boeing.
He will be great!
twitter.com...

Yeah but for how long.

Til he's no longer useful or until he's voted in by the Republican majority Senate, whichever comes first...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames2
More fuel to add to the cognitive dissonance fire Trump cultists suffer from.

Shanahan, studied engineering and business at MIT.
Has worked as a Boeing executive his whole career.
So he is smart as hell and has worked within the corporate state and defense contracting his entire adult life.....

Trump rails against the Deep State and talks about draining the Swamp, yet he continues to appoint their minions. Willingly. And has no idea he is doing it.

They play him like a fiddle.

But they don't...Obviously this guy has some attributes that will benefit Trump and our Country...When he's no longer useful, he'll be replaced...No one has played Trump like a fiddle...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
And Boeing cheers wildly.

Don't forget all the other contractors, too.

The number of memes I've seen about Erik Prince, Constellis Group, etc., being ecstatic about not only the troop withdrawal but also the SecDef change in the last few days has been astronomical.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Lot of sec defs have had zero clue when it comes to the military.

McNamara, Rumsfeld, Hagel, Pennetta, Gates and many more all were in the military.
Ash Carter was not, but he was an expert on National Security.

The vast majority of Secretaries of defense were in the military.

In the military in Vietnam or earlier is not the same as being in the military over the last 20-30 years, being an officer does not mean you understand what the enlisted core goes through.

Mattis was fairly unique in that he was a fighting officer that got down into the mess with his troops so he had a pretty good idea of what was going on with both sides of the military, and had an added bonus of having integrity so he spoke his beliefs even to his own detriment, and when push came to shove he resigned rather than cling to his power.

I may disagree with him on Syria but that doesn't mean I don't greatly respect him, and quite honestly the majority of that list you gave don't hold a candle to the warrior monk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join