It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I have 2 industrial drones myself.
As well have NDA's with 3 countries im helping to develop different aspects of their industrial grade drones.

There are a lot differences between consumer/ industrial/ military level drones.

Here is one of the industrial drones I helped develop:

I also build quadcopters, but of the freestyle variety. Perhaps you can clear this up for me: assuming they used any commercially available VTX, wouldn't they be able to tune into the video link with the right receiver?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The couple arrested in connection with the incident have been released without charge.

Sussex Police said the pair were no longer suspects.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Now the British press who thought it OK to release their identities before they were charged with anything have to roll back their indignation and clean the egg from their faces.

Crap way to start your Christmas for the innocent couple.

I hope that the couple take every newspaper and news station to court for plastering their faces all over the place. Trialled by the media before any actual investigation was complete. Arresting these pair seemed like a rushed response onshow that the police were solving the problem

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Police say there might not have been a drone at all.

Not a drone ?

Maybe a U.F.O. then.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

No, they're leaning towards nothing at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

When a major air travel hub like this is closed for a substantial period, during the festive rush you've got to bet there's a real reason for it, no imagined drone can be an acceptible answer.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It may be a case of there being a drone on the first day, and unconfirmed word of mouth after that.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It "may be the case": that two "drones" with very bright lights hovered over Gatwick for hours until police helicopters pursued....then the bright objects disappeared then reappeared as soon as the helicopters left....thus hovering until again police choppers pursued.......possibly gun shy spotters, pilots, police and airport personell THOUGHT they spotted returned objects and reported wrongly....however, most of the sightings have been after dark, when bright, glowing orbs dancing about the single runway are very hard to either miss or mistake for fireflies....which dont exist in the UK.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KeithCooper

Yeah good point. Im leaning towards orbs too. Possibly a pair having fun. The way they appeared, went into cloaking mode, then reappeared is so typical of a pair of orbs playing around having fun. If they can't come up with any other answer then orbs it is likely to be

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KeithCooper

It's easy to get false reports, especially around an airport. Someone says that they saw a drone earlier, and it becomes Telephone. By the time it gets to someone that matters, it's become I'm seeing a drone over the runway.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's all very interesting especially now they say there may not have been a drone at all which to me is the truth. I've read other comments .. think about it, the authorities never released any of their own footage, never captured any images or videos themselves and constantly asked for members of the public to send them the info.

When the ATS side of me kicks in 'IF' and it's a big if, but I'm just playing around here. IF it was a UFO any official footage captured is kept secret and won't be released and then any footage/images sent in by the public is kept out of public view and those who sent it in are told nicely to make sure they don't post it anywhere online or they will have some people round the 'speak to them'

The story is all very odd

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Would anything have shown up on the airport radar?

Why would the military have been called in if it was " nothing " ?

Why did Gatwick state that a drone had repeatedly " appeared " if nothing had in fact been seen?

Something fishy here.

Incoming planes were forced to divert to airports up and down the country as the drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), repeatedly appeared over the airfield at London's Gatwick Airport.

The situation was so serious the Army was called in to support the local police in tackling the issue, with the runway finally re-opening on Friday morning

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker IF it was a UFO any official footage captured is kept secret and won't be released and then any footage/images sent in by the public is kept out of public view and those who sent it in are told nicely to make sure they don't post it anywhere online or they will have some people round the 'speak to them'

The "story" is getting very odd. It looks like TPTB are going to go all Bobby Ewing on this one and try to forget any of this ever really happened

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No, it probably wouldn't have shown up, as it's so small. As for calling in the military, if they were getting reports of drones, then they thought there was one there. You don't just ignore reports of them, as they can cause pretty serious damage to an aircraft if they hit it. So they took the steps they thought they needed, based on the reports they were getting at the time. It's far better to be cautious than reckless.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker IF it was a UFO any official footage captured is kept secret and won't be released and then any footage/images sent in by the public is kept out of public view and those who sent it in are told nicely to make sure they don't post it anywhere online or they will have some people round the 'speak to them'

The "story" is getting very odd. It looks like TPTB are going to go all Bobby Ewing on this one and try to forget any of this ever really happened

What's all this nonsense about a drone? We were just taking a shower....

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Remember there is footage of a drone and it was filmed at Gatwick.

There is a fleeting glimpse of the covered walkway in the drone video. The area isn't on Google Street view but I was able to find a video showing the full length of the covered walkway.

That is part of the Gatwick North Terminal covered walkway for the bus collection points.

The drone vid was taken up near bus collection point 11 or 12 at 1:26 in the following video.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If Gatwick are now saying there was " no drone " sighted, then what is this?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Are you not in the least bit suspicious ?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's entirely possible that they did see a drone the first day, and later reports were wrong or word of mouth. Then again, it's also entirely possible that there were drones there the entire time. I've seen drone operators do some really stupid things with their drones, and honestly neither scenario would surprise me.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
They found a drone though.......

www.mirror.co.uk...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join