It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should States give away free Naloxone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

No.

States should not give it away for free.

If you want to do drugs to the point of an overdose, that's on the individual and I have not problem with that.

But now I (as a taxpayer) have to foot the bill for their individual choice?

No.

Out of curiosity, what would you prefer those few taxes dollars of yours be spent on?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wow. No free insulin in USA? What the actual hell. Addicted people go thru hell, withdrawal syndrome can lead to death but it's no different and less risky then stop taking insuline.
I wonder how many drug dealers is in this crowd ready to profit.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

It's a crime that necessities like that are not provided.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

No.

If you want to do drugs to the point of an overdose, that's on the individual and I have not problem with that.

No.

Out of curiosity, what would you prefer those few taxes dollars of yours be spent on?

Silly question as my desires would never matter.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

No.

No.

Did you not state earlier you desired the noloxone not be handed out to junkies whom overdose for free, it seems you are getting what you desire.

edit on 19-12-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Why is it a bad additude to not fear death the way so many people do?

Why is it a bad additude to think it may not be a good idea to prepetialy keep a subside victim alive just so we can feel good about ourselves?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I watched a TedTalk yesterday.... a man who had a car accident and was put on opiod pain relief was wanting to reduce and quit the drugs. He told how he asked the dr how to get off the pills and to his surprise there was no help at all so he quit on his own. He did it over 4 weeks and nearly died..... he said he was going to kill himself because of the pain and torture he was experiencing.
Anyone noticed how doctors hand out these drugs willy nilly with no warnings.
I recently had surgery and was handed opiates and the label said 2 pills 4 times a day...... I took 2 at a time only when I really needed them..... and 1 most of the time but only if I needed it.
Everytime I went to doctors they asked if I want more pills..... at no time did anyone warn me about addiction or about any concerns about the type of drug I was on.
Many 'drug addicts' are hooked because of previous pain relief and perscribed opiates then are unable to get off.
Maybe it has be realised that opiate users require help at last.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Why is it a bad additude to think it may not be a good idea to prepetialy keep a subside victim alive just so we can feel good about ourselves?

The US is a death culture. They seem to want to die patriotically in a hail of bullets. They even wrote it into their law, the 'right' to carry a suicide device. Their movies books and art are full of the violent lone wolf hero who dies in a firefight.

The rest of us humans don't want to die. We consider the right to life is the primary human right.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The US is a death culture. They seem to want to die patriotically in a hail of bullets. They even wrote it into their law, the 'right' to carry a suicide device. Their movies books and art are full of the violent lone wolf hero who dies in a firefight.

The rest of us humans don't want to die. We consider the right to life is the primary human right.

If you say so; ill take your word for it.

But that doesn't really answer my questions.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

They even wrote it into their law, the 'right' to carry a suicide device.

Dramatic much?

I like to think of it as a freedom device.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Dramatic much?

It's primary use, by a long shot, is suicide. I'm calling it like it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That is retarded. Almost every drug addict I know is an rwnj. Especially the ones on hillbilly heroin. Let them od and die. Most will never kick the habit anyway. a reply to: Breakthestreak

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No.

No.

Huh? Apparently it matters to you, or you wouldn't have responded so fiercely about your "tax dollars".
I was just curious. No need to get your knickers in a knot.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Actually, this mess has been caused by Big Pharma’s greed. Let them pick up the tab and provide it to the states to distribute for free.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

well. Maaaaybe it should be provided for free, if the user signs up for a self help program with mandatory attendance and single doses given out.

Definitely not handed out for free no questions asked. How stupid is that.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The cost of generic naloxone is $20 to $30 a dose. The cost of an autopsy is $3000 to $5000. Seems to me the Narcan is much more fiscally responsible for the state.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
Actually, this mess has been caused by Big Pharma’s greed. Let them pick up the tab and provide it to the states to distribute for free.

I 100% agree with this, I worked for big pharma for a while.
The money involved is unbelievable. They will never fund it though, because that show some sort of blame.

It also isn't just big pharma, it's the doctors that are getting kickbacks

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Dramatic much?

Oh, then a pick-axe is a freedom device too? You can defend yourself with a pick-axe.

Perhaps a pipe bomb is a freedom device, and a more effective one than a gun (because it can defend against more targets)? Definitely a bomb is effective against tyrannical government forces (the condition that the second amendment was supposedly framed for) whereas a gun is comparatively futile in the situation.

Is poison, say in the form of Sarin gas, a freedom device?

The idea that a gun somehow defends liberty is a comic book rationale.

The law that arms you equally arms any opponent. The net sum, in realistic terms, is zero protection, zero freedom.

If you were to draw a gun, even defensively, and law enforcement were present, they would take you down. A gun makes you a target, even of 'friendly fire'.

The practical truth is that guns are predominantly used for suicide. That is their primary function in the real world.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Everything healthwise is tax funded in the UK. I like it how we play it here.
I've paid into the system for nearly 30 years, this year I've been a recipient of healthcare more than any other year...tax funded healthcare rocks...especially when you are also free to take out private health insurance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join