It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Assaults the First and Second Amendments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is now illegal in NJ to discuss 3d printing of a gun. So if you tell someone how to legally print a gun and every action taken is legal you have still broken the law in NJ. But no, no attack on gun owners ...

if you try to communicate online about certain firearms matters, Bingo! The “Garden State” authorities will come after you for daring to provide instructions for readers to learn how to print plans for a 3-D firearm. This is not about criminalizing the possession of such an instrument (New Jersey competes with its older brother in making it extremely difficult to legally own a firearm at all). The new law makes it illegal to even communicate how to print one.

townhall.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Don't anyone tell Augustus how to print one then.
It'll be the pokey for you for sure!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

He's from jersey?

That explains a lot actually.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Actually it would be the pokey for him.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Don't anyone tell Augustus how to print one then.
It'll be the pokey for you for sure!

Don't need to print any, I may have some I purchased already.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Actually it would be the pokey for him.

Wouldn't be the first time.

This week.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

All mine were lost in an unfortunate fishing accident years ago. Such sad

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Since the incoming Governor, JB Pritzker, ran on gun control and limiting mag capacity, I expect Illinois to be rolling out the same draconian BS soon.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't think we should be 3D printing guns. I would rather buy a legal high quality gun than start making one that might blow up in your face. On top of that, criminals would be able to print guns, right now, felons are not able to buy guns legally which is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't have to like it to know I shouldn't be jailed for talking about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Let's try for a personal record.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I don't have to like it to know I shouldn't be jailed for talking about it.

Yeah, we could be jailed for discussing it here on ATS if that is the case.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

All mine were lost in an unfortunate fishing accident years ago. Such sad

Yeah right

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

According to the law yes. How crazy is that.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't see how NJ jurisdiction would stop someone from Oklahoma from posting it on the internet. Let them try to enforce it across the nation. HA!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It is now illegal in NJ to discuss 3d printing of a gun. So if you tell someone how to legally print a gun and every action taken is legal you have still broken the law in NJ. But no, no attack on gun owners ...

That's factually incorrect. Here's the actual language.

S-2465 (3rd reprint)

2l. Manufacturing or facilitating the manufacture of a firearm using a three-dimensional printer. In addition to any other criminal penalties provided under law it is a third degree crime for:

(1) a person who is not registered or licensed to do so as a manufacturer as provided in chapter 58 of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes, to use a three-dimensional printer or similar device to manufacture or produce a firearm, firearm receiver, magazine, or firearm component; or

(2) a person to distribute by any means, including the Internet, to a person in New Jersey who is not registered or licensed as a manufacturer as provided in chapter 58 of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes, digital instructions in the form of computer-aided design files or other code or instructions stored and displayed in electronic format as a digital model that may be used to program a three-dimensional printer to manufacture or produce a firearm, firearm receiver, magazine, or firearm component.

It doesn't criminalize discussion, it criminalizes the dissemination of the CAD files used by 3D printers.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You cannot get busted for talking about committing a crime, but if the crime you mentioned is actually done, then they can use that conversation as evidence of intent. They still have to prove you did it, but that conversation evidence might be used to get a search warrant I think.

Talk does not mean you are going to be committing a crime. Lots of people say things that they would never do to try to fit into a group they are hanging around with.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

this is unconstitutional though. because we are allowed to make weapons for personal use if we decide to do so. This is a supreme court challenge if i ever saw one.

here is a link.
www.uslawshield.com...
edit on 18000000pppm by yuppa because: added info

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Let's try for a personal record.

Done. Our office Christmas party is tonight.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I never go to mine, not sure when it is even.

<<   2  3 >>

join