It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Canada Fathers lose child benefits if they get a girlfriend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
In Canada we are lucky enough to have a pretty solid social net to help families from birth to 18 years old, If you are a woman that is.

If a couple seperates, the benefits will be split in half and paid to both the mother and father, unless the seperated father gets a new girlfriend and lives with her for more then a year. In that case the fathers benefits goes directly back to the mother.

The mother of course is allowed to have a boyfriend and not be affected by this at all.

So it isnt just the feminists pushing the agenda that created MGTOW, the government itself is making men stay away from having any serious relationship.

Can you just imagine the # show if this was reversed. Why are feminists not outraged by this lack of equality in the system? Why are feminists not outraged about fathers needing their new girlfriend to make a demand to Revenu Canada for a child that is not even theirs, and have them prove that the father is truly taking care of his children?

edit on 4-12-2018 by Kalsek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
government needs to be put in check

currently the King of old would be considered GREAT compared to governments of today. we need to start discussing serious revolution.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalsek

Wait, the state pays parents who divorce? Jesus God, your poor abused tax payers.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Huh? Every family gets the money. When they seperate the amount is split in half to both parents.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalsek
In Canada we are lucky enough to have a pretty solid social net to help families from birth to 18 years old, If you are a woman that is.

If a couple seperates, the benefits will be split in half and paid to both the mother and father, unless the seperated father gets a new girlfriend and lives with her for more then a year. In that case the fathers benefits goes directly back to the mother.

The mother of course is allowed to have a boyfriend and not be affected by this at all.

So it isnt just the feminists pushing the agenda that created MGTOW, the government itself is making men stay away from having any serious relationship.

Can you just imagine the # show if this was reversed. Why are feminists not outraged by this lack of equality in the system? Why are feminists not outraged about fathers needing their new girlfriend to make a demand to Revenu Canada for a child that is not even theirs, and have them prove that the father is truly taking care of his children?

What made you come to this topic?

What "benefits" are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

ici.radio-canada.ca...

Child benefits that every parent gets in Canada.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This law sounds absurd.

Although perhaps not to that level, there are laws on the books that benefit women in the states as well, and I have heard in the UK as well.

Feminists decry our governmental systems as oppressive patriarchies.

Yet there are these laws that are clearly detrimental toward men, and I have yet to see laws from these patriarchal government that are detrimental toward women.

Strange tyrannical partiarchy indeed.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Huh? Every family gets the money. When they seperate the amount is split in half to both parents.

You mean welfare and child benefits?

Who gives a snip about that? Your already fooked if your relying on that

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The state pays them just because they exist as parents? So your workers are taxed to financially support families? Productive families get less in take home pay to receive checks from the state and also support less/non productive/earning parents?

Sorry, am I the only one who thinks that's effing insane?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

who gives a snip about that? What about a father making 20k a year and his benefits equaling 5k a year, it is non negligable.

minimum wage in quebec is 11$ an hour, x40h a week is 1760$ a month x 12 = 21kish a year.

Because it is negligable for you doesnt mean it is for the men who need it.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Get a second job, change careers, work more hours. It's called "responsubility" and it's what adults do.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Exactly that, the state pays them for being parents and expenses related to that. To be for or against this has nothing to do with my op tho. This is the Canadian reality, parents get money from the government monthly. My op is about the gender inequality of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Again this is derailing the thread, im not advocating for the benefits, this is a societal choice that has been made by Canadians. Im advocating that men should be treated equally in regards to it.

Also i am happy to pay taxes that go to families who need it. Some are happy to see their tax dollars fund a 700 billion a year war program, others care about the people in need.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In America, if the mother leaves the father and takes the children... not only does he pay her every dollar it costs to raise the kids- but if she decides to get a job at 9 an hour, he also has to pay the baby sitter at 13 an hour while she's at work.

Of course of the wench doesn't leave and decides to do her motherly duty of raising children with the father she chose, he only gets taxed at 30 percent up front plus 30 more on the other side.

Thanks, government!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

My point is by arguing "equality" over application of a ridiculously stupid, unfair concept to begin with, you're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Canada looks like they've already got decision makers who traded the family cow for some magic beans, why be surprised or angry when they throw the beans out the window?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Says the country that pays $600 billion on killing people overseas.

I don't think America has any room to talk when it comes to where others' taxes go.
edit on 12/4/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

LOL you are gonna lose your mind then when you read this next sentence. In Quebec, there is also provincial child benefits paid by Quebec that is added to the Canadian one. But again this is what we chose for ourselves as a society so I cant really argue about it being totally alien to an American.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

who gives a snip about that? What about a father making 20k a year and his benefits equaling 5k a year, it is non negligable.

minimum wage in quebec is 11$ an hour, x40h a week is 1760$ a month x 12 = 21kish a year.

Because it is negligable for you doesnt mean it is for the men who need it.

I wish you the best.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It's was supposed to help with child poverty
It's paid to families under a certain income.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) was a tax-free monthly payment available to eligible Canadian families to help with the cost of raising children. The CCTB could incorporate the National Child Benefit (NCB), a monthly benefit for low-income families with children, and the Child Disability Benefit (CDB), a monthly benefit for families caring for children with severe and prolonged mental or physical disabilities. The CCTB was enacted in response to a commitment made by the Canadian parliament, in November 1989, to eradicate child poverty in Canada by the year 2000.[1] However, it has been found that, due to cutbacks to social assistance, the impact of this program in reducing child poverty is negligible.[1] This program was eliminated in 2016 and replaced by the Canada Child Benefit (CCB), a tax free payment of $533.00 per child under 6 and $450 per child from 6 to 17. Which is reduced at various rates by the number of children and the amount of money the household makes so that households at the top end of "middle-class" and "high-income" get nothing

On the subject..I don't know about the policy/law, but it does not surprise me in the least
edit on 4-12-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Again this is derailing the thread, im not advocating for the benefits, this is a societal choice that has been made by Canadians. Im advocating that men should be treated equally in regards to it.

Also i am happy to pay taxes that go to families who need it. Some are happy to see their tax dollars fund a 700 billion a year war program, others care about the people in need.

Americans are not capable of more than 2 or 3 thoughts at a time. Literally everything in this country boils down to that logic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join