It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel and Disease

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Many time travelers have brought up the topic of viruses or bacteria. While I do not know any, I can explain it. No, humans have not sterilized every world they inhabit, at least not through the 2300s. Even the human body needs bacteria, decaying plants need them, etc. There are modifications to the immune system, natural and artificial. You get a strain of the flu and your body gets to know it, and you don't get that strain again. Your immune system has changed to be immune to it. You can pass this on genetically in some cases. There are also medications which help. For example the bubonic plague is easily treated in your time, but two hundred years ago it was a death sentence. Currently, if you travel to another part of the globe (yes 2018 people, it's a globe) you may need a vaccine. Take your home location, and look at the desieases that were there three hundred years ago, could you tolerate them? That is why time travelers do not want to spend much time here.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JohanikaDeVries

I don't believe you.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

There are also medications which help

Did you take your meds before traveling in time?
edit on 081231America/ChicagoTue, 04 Dec 2018 14:08:35 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Since you've been hangin' in our time, have you gotten some diseases?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh, and don't forget that pic you were going to post of your time portal thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Yes, I currently have pneumonia, and it's not caused by any illness I've ever had. Headach, my joints hurt, feel like I am slowly drowning, and it feels like when the climate control in the tunnels malfunction because my I feel hot, then cold. The Akasha do not know how to react to it, but your antibiotics and steroids seem to help me at least breath.

Also, it's not a time portal, just a transportation device, unfinished yet. All it's doing is blipping to a blank event horizon. As soon as I get it to do more, and clean up some work, you'll get your fotos.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Cool! Looking forward to seeing it. Get some rest too, pneumonia ain't no joke

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohanikaDeVries
That is why time travelers do not want to spend much time here.

Time travelers are constantly making bad adjustments to the timescape. They started messing with it eons ago, and now they can't stop. They have plenty of vaccines and other ways of protecting themselves against the filth of the past and the superbugs of the future.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So they have crappy spelling in the future? I mean fewture.

edit on 4-12-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Any of you time travelers can get me this weeks lotto numbers I'd appreciate it ! Thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Oh....I missed your intro thread....so i went back and read it....this makes more sense now....well...the content doesn't....but at least I know why I read the insanity I just did.

Oh and by the way....congratulations on learning the pronoun 'I' you seem to have gotten the hang of it since your intro thread....in that garbled wall of nonsense you used 'ek' in place of it....or did you just forget that little affectation in between?

I just can't tell yet if you're actually bat# crazy or trying to put on a show.
edit on 4/12/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Any of you time travelers can get me this weeks lotto numbers I'd appreciate it ! Thanks

Unfortunately, giving you the numbers would change the numbers. Observer effect and all that.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Thank you for noticing, it was hard to remember to use the old English "I" instead of the Afrikaans "Ek". Imperial American was heavily influenced by English from colonization, Spanish from land acquisition of Mexico, and Afrikaans from the migrations coming up soon for you time.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

There are also medications which help.

Indeed there are, please take them, or adjust dosage as needed if you already are.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Bernard?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Travel backwards in time is impossible.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'm from the 26th century. We simulate the entirety of the 20th and 21st century on a continuous loop. We love it.

This is my first time in the actual, nonsimulated year of 2018. It's not far off from expectations.

I am like a Google map car, but for 26th century time travelers.

I map all the hotdog stands and taco trucks in this century. I get free tacos. Half Price dogs.

edit on 12 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohanikaDeVries

Thank you for noticing, it was hard to remember to use the old English "I" instead of the Afrikaans "Ek". Imperial American was heavily influenced by English from colonization, Spanish from land acquisition of Mexico, and Afrikaans from the migrations coming up soon for you time.

Aight....good to know..i'll keep my eye out for that.

Here...maybe this will help you....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I do enjoy collect knives. Weapons are illegal in my time.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I blame Common Core for all these idiots from the future...and the introduction of Participation Trophies.

They are to us what lead was to the Roman Empire.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join