It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big bad Bear photo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I found this photo on a old hard drive from 10 + years ago

I remember reading years before finding this picture that somewhere in Asia about a bear that was picking up cows and eating them by the dozen , Soldiers were sent out to hunt it down and kill it ,and the amount of shots it took to actually kill it .

Anybody know anything about this photograph ?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I remember reading years before finding this picture that somewhere in Asia about a bear that was picking up cows and eating them by the dozen , Soldiers were sent out to hunt it down and kill it ,and the amount of shots it took to actually kill it .

Where is her shadow on the bear...I cant find it?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I used to have this very picture on my mantel. we display it now only on celebrations, like the Christmas Tradition - The trading of the socks - We don't know why we do this.

The girl in the picture is Ethyl, and the man Horace.

S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Where is her shadow on the bear...I cant find it?

If you look at the ground by her foot, you will see her shadow extending towards the bear's midsection.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Complete Utter BS, its amazing how easily you conspiracy guys are distracted from the truth. You have to be a complete Mojon to not see that the bear is clearly of normal size.

The truth is and what the gov't is trying is hide is the fact that the people in the picture are really super small tiny race of people .
edit on 101031America/ChicagoWed, 24 Oct 2018 09:10:19 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Do you have any more info on where it came from etc

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A woman friend from my Grandmothers time, named Yola from Romania, had this picture and one of our great Aunt playing accordion on the Laurence Welk show, both on the mantel. It is said to have been displayed in the 30's at Delmonico's in NYC in the Lobby by the chief chef Mr. Tuley, a friend of the family who eventually married Miss Yola.

In the fifties it was restored at a Photoshop in Long Beach California.
No one knows the current location of the photo now however, it may be lost to posterity.
edit on 24-10-2018 by Plotus because: really, no really

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Thank you

I cannot remember which country in Asia this is from but i can remember reading that the bear would have been between 30-40 foot tall on its hind legs if it stretched

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"Giant Bears" on any search will bring up photos of remarkably large bears, some as big as Buicks. Huge, if the pictures are to be believed.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If you ask me, (and you didn't) these people are 'behind' the bear, both of them. The woman appears to have a shadow, but it is actually the same shadow type as what is on its front leg.
This is called, "foreshortening", where an image uses this method to make things appear larger than they actually are.
This effect is also used in some movies to make things look larger than life.

For an example, I have seen a LOT of flying saucer photographs that used this method to make a person that is standing a hundred (or more) feet on the far side of a flying saucer model to make it look like it was gigantic.

Here's a link for some examples.
www.google.com... 1108.4616..7289...0.0..0.217.1419.11j3j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..35i39j0i10.JOyUL4uvgt4

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you reverse image search your screenshot you get a load of Chinese results.

The answer will be within.

Massive Google Link

EDIT - One must scroll down.
edit on 24-10-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Maybe ! but the old book i read maybe 20 + years ago made a point that this bear was terrorising the area it was in and soldiers were sent to kill it and had a job on their hands , firing hundreds of rounds at it before it went down .

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

You should read this

edit on 24-10-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Fake
No shadow from the lady

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Thank you kind sir

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Perhaps Japan ?
All I can find on the image is it's alleged to be a picture of a brown bear that attacked settler's in 1915.
attrip.jp...

Can't find any other sources linking the image to the incident which I believe to be the Sankebetsu brown bear incident of 1915.

Yamamoto was familiar with Kesagake's behaviour and successfully tracked him down. Yamamoto spotted the bear resting near a Japanese oak. He approached to within 20 meters of the bear and shot at it. His first shot hit the bear's heart and the second shot his head, fatally wounding the animal. When measured, the bear was 340 kg (749 lbs) and 2.7 m (8.85 ft) tall.
en.wikipedia.org...

Hope that helps.

Seems and14263 beat me to it.

edit on 24-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Naw....not a sharp line

No edge to it

The hair size is indicating normal bear at the cape
edit on 24-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What I feel is a very cool story, and a lot of it might be true, but that is really not that believable top think that a giant bear was killed and they didn't take photographs of it closer up.

I meant to say, "forced perspective", not "foreshortening", which it is, but "forced perspective is more accurate.

Also, their bullets back in 1915 were nothing at all like the bullets of today, they didn't have anywhere near the knock-down power back then.
I have a friend that I grew up with that was shot point blank 6 times with a .38 caliber pistol, he was even shot on the face, so while he was shot, he chased the guy down and beat him up.
I know another guy that said his brother was shot "several" by a .25 automatic at a gas station and he also gave chase, but in a car and chased the people down.

So, with that, caliber has a lot to do with it, even though they may (and probably did) shoot the bear many, many times, it survived to come and attack again.

I enlarged the image above and could clearly see that the woman (if it is actually a woman) is standing behind the bear, the bear's leg and foot is in front of her. The way the shadow looks makes it appear to be the lady's shadow.

Mostly though, this was fairly modern times, I honestly believe that the bear was real, just not so huge it was a monster. It would have been documented better and we'd more than likely have a real skeleton rather than a carved statue of a giant bear.

I wish the story was true, but the evidence that I can see doesn't make me believe it.
Not just that, but people make up stories from real life things that happen and embellish them. A really crappy photograph is not what I would call real evidence.

I'm not being rude at all, I am just trying to state what I see, that's all.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The bear in that report was 8-9 foot tall and went down with 2 shots ? , what i remember reading was different in the book and said 30-40 foot when laid out and had killed dozens of cows

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all
The sun appears to be over the person's right shoulder and the shadow is no the ground starting at the left foot.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join