It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Metabolism Diet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I might have to research ketosis more too.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I haven't read much about that diet. It seems to use cycling of foods on a week basis. Looking at the way it works I would say it might help the diabetes and also help to lose weight. The diet should not add too much cost to the food bill and that is kind of important to some people.

I have noticed that if I eat grass fed organic beef or good natural chickens raised properly, I eat less, it appears that good meat satisfies my appetite way quicker than the commercial stuff. We buy only grass fed beef now, overall it is not that much more expensive because I am satisfied with way less. It is full of good flavor being naturally dry aged. The Miller Amish or gerber chickens have more flavor than most commercial chickens and the locally raised chickens seem even better than those two if they run outside and eat some bugs. It is what they eat that develops the flavor of the bird, We do get some Tyson chickens from GFS and lately Tyson chickens have more flavor too. It says all natural for seventy nine cents a pound. Tyson had less arsenic in them than some of the other commercial chickens, the ahmish birds did not have much at all and neither did the organic ones. They put arsenic in some commercial chicken food to help to kill diseases, It is not good to eat too much arsenic. Perdue had a high arsenic rating on the meat.

Too many green veggies can be bad for some people, plant defense chemistry can cause all sorts of problems if you overeat it. The Fast metabolism diet seems to have less of the plant defense chemistry that negatively effects the blood. Remember, grains are plants, the plant does not want overbrowsing to occur so it dumps antibrowsing chemistry into the food. Too much grain can thicken the blood sometimes just like green veggies do. Milk products can also cause blood gelling. He has to find a suitable mix to make the diet work. We do need some chemistry found in breads, we have been eating them for thousands of years. At least avoid commercial grains that are decicated preharvest with glyphosate.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sassycassie

Please do.

I started a little over two months ago. I've lost 15 pounds, have more energy and feel great. I haven't been to the doctor to see how all my levels are, but I'm pretty good at reading what my body tells me, and since I've been doing the keto thing, my body has responded very positively.

Plus I poop a lot less, saving me money on TP. What a great diet!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

There is no such thing as starvation mode

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Calories in calories out. Simple as that.

For weight loss.. eat a solid nutritionally balanced diet incorporating all macro-nutrients (Protein / Fat / Carbohydrates). Think about portion control... do you own a food scale? If not, go buy one. Weight and measure your foods and liquids, eat appropriate portions. Start an exercise program.

It's really that simple.

Don't do the fad diet of the week. You will lose weight initially because you're restricting calories by eliminating or reducing entire food groups. Problem is, you'll never learn anything about proper nutrition and when the diet is over, the weight will come back on.

Anyway, let me know if I can help.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
@a reply to: ttobban

Dang, you're serious. I do 16/8 intermittent fasting. Never had a reason to go more than a day without food though. Good on you. I eat starting noon, finish before 8. Ggrazing and usually one meal. Lots of nuts, lean protein, fruits and green vegetables. My days are pretty regimented so I eat the same stuff most days.

I usually have one day a week I just do whatever, with my wife. Makes life fun and it's good to cheat. I'm now back to the same weight I was when I played baseball in college. Except my body composition is different and my body fat is lower. It's amazing how our machine responds.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The keto diet is doing wonders for some ailments like diabetes. It's a rough couple weeks to start..

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, the cost of food was a concern of our too, considering he's the only one with a job right now. I'll be starting a new job beginning of November, but typically there's a three week waiting period when starting a new job. At least in my experience anyway. As for bread, if I understand correctly, we can have bread but it's pretty much limited to sprouted grains. Ezekial Bread is one of the breads that we can have, and I've been wanting to try that for awhile now anyway, so this is a good reason to do so. lol I think we have the meat thing covered because he's a hunter and deer season is starting soon. So we will just have to find something for meat until he's able to get a nice buck. (I'm super excited for that because I love deer meat!) The more I think about it, the more I'm getting excited to try this out! It's going to be a huge lifestyle change, but I think we can do it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

We do not have a food scale that I know of (we just moved in together and he has A LOT of stuff that we haven't been able to unpack yet). I've been thinking about getting one though for a long time now, but never had the room for much of anything as far as kitchen stuff until now. I finally have a decent sized kitchen, I'm so happy!
But we definitely need one if we're going to be watching our portions.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I appreciate all the advice you guys have given me!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I have a friend that's on the keto diet and she's said some pretty good things about it. I just haven't really looked into it much past what she's said. I need to though.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The most important thing is to eat real food.

We set a target budget when we shop and plan out our meals. We never come in under our target. What it does is cap us so we cannot purchase unhealthy extras. We also always shop the outside of the store first in this order:

1. Produce (about a full third to half our budget goes here)

2. Seafood/Meat (we're usually at 2/3 to 3/4 of our target when done here)

3. Dairy

4. Aisles (we may have about $20 left at this point)

But the aisles contain the worst food for you typically. It's usually the most processed, so this cuts down on what we get outside canned goods and things like grits or oatmeal or flour or seasonings.

Learn to read labels. More stuff = worse for you.

Then learn how to cook. An easy meal for yourself in the evening doesn't have to be a difficult or time consuming thing. We can get a quick supper on the table in less than an hour. It may just be a piece of seasoned baked or sauteed protein and a bucket of raw cut veggies some nights, but it's supper. On the weekends, we cook more elaborate meals in enough quantity to provide leftovers.

Portion control. Learn to eat more slowly and savor your food. Give your stomach time to register that it's full. Wean yourself off the sweeteners in your drinks. I drink iced tea without any sugar and lots of water.

Exercise. It doesn't have to be a lot, but if you keep track of your calories, calories burned through exercise provide room for more food.

At any rate, I've dropped 20 lbs in the last year just naturally without trying doing all of this. The calorie counting just started within the past few weeks when I realized I'd shrunk out of my pants and I figured I'd better understand if this was legit or something I needed the doc to check. Nope. I'm just naturally cutting my calories on my own.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sassycassie

Yeah, the cost of food was a concern of our too, considering he's the only one with a job right now. I'll be starting a new job beginning of November, but typically there's a three week waiting period when starting a new job. At least in my experience anyway. As for bread, if I understand correctly, we can have bread but it's pretty much limited to sprouted grains. Ezekial Bread is one of the breads that we can have, and I've been wanting to try that for awhile now anyway, so this is a good reason to do so. lol I think we have the meat thing covered because he's a hunter and deer season is starting soon. So we will just have to find something for meat until he's able to get a nice buck. (I'm super excited for that because I love deer meat!) The more I think about it, the more I'm getting excited to try this out! It's going to be a huge lifestyle change, but I think we can do it.

I like deer meat but I like grass fed beef better. I buy a half a cow every year. I haven't hunted in fifteen years, since I got my epilepsy. I used to hunt every year and got some pretty good tasting bucks in the past. One was really old and even the dogs would not eat that one, should have noticed it didn't have teeth before I shot it, it was smiling as it walked up to me. The older guys were laughing that it was assisted suicide. It would have been over thirteen years old according to the DNR guy. Not one tooth left in it's mouth......everyone in the UP must have heard about that one.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can't really have dairy because I'm lactose intolerant, so I would have to leave that out. The only dairy I really consume is cheese, but I'm going to have to cut that out because it's been giving me a lot of problems. I definitely need to cut out the sugars. I have a bad sweet tooth. The bf loved diet drinks for some reason, but he refuses to give up his diet sweet tea. So I don't know how that's going to work. The doctor told him every time he drinks a diet drink he's pretty much embalming himself because there's a chemical in the diet drinks that breaks down into formaldehyde, so I hope he does end up stop drinking his diet drinks.

Side note: I see that you have the gummy bears from Goosebumps as your avatar and that's awesome!

edit on 24-10-2018 by sassycassie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

LOL! That's too funny!

I don't think I've ever had grass fed beef. That is one thing I would have to be careful of when doing this fast metabolism diet. We could only get grass fed beef, nothing that was fed corn or wheat.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sassycassie
a reply to: luthier

I have a friend that's on the keto diet and she's said some pretty good things about it. I just haven't really looked into it much past what she's said. I need to though.

The keto diet is a trend but it works well for people with certain ailments. Diabetes is one of them. It also has the benefit of burning fat..there is just a two week period for many people who get a little bit of a flu like symptom for a couple days while the body gets used to ketones.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join