It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I so sadden to see what has happen to the unmotivated Americans in a disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I was watching the new about the recent hurricane that hit. It is so sad to see that the people that didn't or couldn't move out due to many factors. But what I did notice that those that are complaining about lack of help, such as water and food, well. To be honest with you, not one of them could even possible ride a bicycle to centers that are giving and helping with aid. The sad part now is, many probably couldn't even walk a mile. I won't explain why, because I know some have health issues, but OMG WTF happen to the American diet?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The American diet? You mean 6 hours of television, 2 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work followed by an overindulgence of carbs, fats and sugars washed down with a hefty 60-70 grams of canned sugar? It's still alive and...umm... yeah it's still alive. Diabetic, but alive...

A2D
edit on 13-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

The American diet? You mean 6 hours of television, 2 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work followed by an overindulgence of carbs, fats and sugars washed down with a hefty 60-70 grams of canned sugar? It's still alive and...umm... yeah it's still alive. Diabetic, but alive...

A2D

Sorry to hear that, but even white rice here in this country will give you diabeties.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Could say that about most Western Societies
But what about those in third world, sorry they have to be baled out of their constant suffering by the West, even when there is no disaster

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

sorry they have to be baled out of their constant suffering by the West,

Oh shucks where's your Christian spirit. How bout staying on topic

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Consumption is good for Industry. A side effect is that the inevitable health problems later are good for the Medical industry!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I don't won't those that are reading this to misunderstand me, I clearly stated many have health isssues. But I saw many of the vid's of people "demanding" that the people helping "must " come to them. These people are able to get out of the house, but as I said, unlikely they can ride a bike or even walk a mile.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

That's what they're supposed to do, didn't you know that?

Mommy and Daddy govt. is supposed to take care of all that...despite clear evidence, over the years, that you are more often than not, quite on you own, in the event of a catastrophic storm, or other event.

I've come to the conclusion, long ago, that that is precisely what the power mongers want. They want to be seen as riding to the rescue of those poor storm ravaged wretches stranded on the roofs of their houses--waving frantically for help.

Not that they care for 'em, mind you...just a way to garner more votes, more money, etc...

...and too many buy into it, hence the emotional TV sound bites.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Personally, I feel it has an awful lot to do with all of the preservatives, additives, hormone infused, antibiotic laced, genetically modified, plastic wrapped, chemically produced "food" that is in the grocery stores.

Are Americans lazy? We certainly are (I know plenty of people that aren't but as a whole, the population is lazy). With that said, I also believe that most are uninformed about what is actually in their food. Even if they are informed, then it usually reverts to the laziness factor. It's easier to go to the grocery and grab food that is quick and easy to make and feed everyone instead of growing their own garden, finding someone with a small farm that slaughters and butchers their own meat and then preparing it all.

Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to buy fresh, healthy food at the stores anymore and if you can, it costs at least twice as much.

Just my opinion and observations. Absolutely zero sources or facts to back it up. However, I just don't see how lab created additives and preservatives could actually be healthy for our bodies.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36

Personally, I feel it has an awful lot to do with all of the preservatives, additives, hormone infused, antibiotic laced, genetically modified, plastic wrapped, chemically produced "food" that is in the grocery stores.

Are Americans lazy? We certainly are (I know plenty of people that aren't but as a whole, the population is lazy). With that said, I also believe that most are uninformed about what is actually in their food. Even if they are informed, then it usually reverts to the laziness factor. It's easier to go to the grocery and grab food that is quick and easy to make and feed everyone instead of growing their own garden, finding someone with a small farm that slaughters and butchers their own meat and then preparing it all.

Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to buy fresh, healthy food at the stores anymore and if you can, it costs at least twice as much.

Just my opinion and observations. Absolutely zero sources or facts to back it up. However, I just don't see how lab created additives and preservatives could actually be healthy for our bodies.

I have to agree with you. I've lived in this country (Japan) long enough now that I can recall this: potato chips no good, cheese no good, milk was for children only and served mostly at schools in glass bottles, pizza was never heard of in school lunches, but hot dogs were and are still being served, good ones though, not all flour infused.
These days believe or not, we have morning pizzas that the parents serve their kids before going to school. Our child in years past would get salmon, rice, miso soup and fruit. Those days are disappearing fast now.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Not all Americans are fat and lazy. Complacent maybe but not fat and lazy.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
For better or worse, American culture doesn't bludgeon people into a healthy lifestyle the way the Japanese culture does. Chalk it up to Americans being averse to authoritarianism and pathological collectivism. There are some drawbacks to it. Obviously.
edit on 13-10-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym
The OP did not say they "all" were and was quitye specific in referring to "those", meaning a sub-groupof the whole population.

And they are not all complacent, either. Many may be, but certainly not all. We have enough American members on ATS who demonstrate that complacency is not universal there.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: eManym
The OP did not say they "all" were and was quitye specific in referring to "those", meaning a sub-groupof the whole population.

And they are not all complacent, either. Many may be, but certainly not all. We have enough American members on ATS who demonstrate that complacency is not universal there.

Thank you

It just that I saw so many videos of people demanding food and water be brought to them, like I said, wtf, these people are able people, but too whatever, go out to the service centers.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There is an "I demand" mentality in evidence, though it's not unique to the USA. But for example, back after Hurricane Katrina, there were many people taking refuge at that huge stadium. When they saw the TV cameras on them they started to chant "We want help! We want help!"

Not "We need help!", but "want". It's sad to see that kind of mentality being demonstrated but unfortunately it seems it's becoming more prevalent.

There is another aspect, though. I have no doubt that there were plenty of people in the threatened regions who have health problems, weight issues etc, but who also listened to and heeded the warnings, then used their resourcefulness to get to safety. The problem is, we have sections of society who apparently pay no attention at all to relevant news and/or (for example) severe weather warnings. Then, when they get stranded on rooftops (if they're lucky and survive whatever has happened), they demand help.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

A2D

Sorry to hear that, but even white rice here in this country will give you diabeties.

Carbs bud, convert to sugars when consumed, not to mention the effects of bleaching and other nasties...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

That's what they're supposed to do, didn't you know that?

Mommy and Daddy govt. is supposed to take care of all that...despite clear evidence, over the years, that you are more often than not, quite on you own, in the event of a catastrophic storm, or other event.

I've come to the conclusion, long ago, that that is precisely what the power mongers want. They want to be seen as riding to the rescue of those poor storm ravaged wretches stranded on the roofs of their houses--waving frantically for help.

Not that they care for 'em, mind you...just a way to garner more votes, more money, etc...

...and too many buy into it, hence the emotional TV sound bites.

I think the problem is greed and the me me in society more than anything.
I`ll bet you 100 bucks these same people having their hand out were castigating handouts for others before they found themselves in this position.

It is kind of like the ones taking personal and corporate welfare from the government and complaining about others on the take.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
A lot of those affected the worst were living in poverty stricken areas. Not all are moochers, despite even being pointed out here, it needs to be reflected upon, some genuinely need help. The biggest ones to add blame to are the looters, especially those taking items that they don't need, who are also stealing from the worst off.

Overall these survivors need answers, not blame. They need help, and compassion.

It's mounting to be Andrew all over again if not for the above.

It was two days after Hurricane Michael, and Eddie Foster was pushing his mother in a wheelchair down a thoroughly smashed street, his face creased with a concentrated dose of the frustration and fear that has afflicted much of the Florida Panhandle since the brutal storm turned its coast to rubble.

He was in a working-class neighbourhood called Millville, where many residents said they were becoming desperate for even basic necessities. Foster, 60, and his 99-year-old mother had no car, no electricity. The food had spoiled in his refrigerator. The storm had ripped off large sections of his roof. He had no working plumbing to flush with. No water to drink. And as of Friday afternoon, he had seen no sign of government help.

In Panama City, people pitched in when they could. Some even opened stores that lacked electricity: A Sonny’s barbecue restaurant fired up its smokers in the parking lot, feeding many who gathered in the late morning in a line that was at least 100 grateful residents long.

But the line was also full of hugs and tearful reunions, and across the broken region, residents exhibited selflessness and sweat as they began the long slog of putting it all back together.
Continued - Source

edit on 13-10-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Did you ever watch the coverage of Hurricane Harvey that hit Houston Texas?

That is the way everyone should be. Houstonians and Texans in general kick butt!

Everywhere, there were regular citizens helping their neighbors or traveling to help the hard hit neighborhoods. I helped gut a few houses of ruined furniture, drywall etc... as soon as water went down. Still no power at the time. Often working along people I didn't even know.

There were church groups, neighborhood groups, charities, businesses, individuals out driving and dropping off food and water to everyone. Seriously, it was awesome! I support many of those restaurants now by being their customer as thanks for how they helped when the city needed them.

I lived over in the part of Florida years ago, they don't have that sense of community that Texas has. Too many tourists and snowbirds, I don't think local businesses give a hoot about their local community there like other places do since much of their business comes from tourism.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Maybe they're not desperate enough. I don't know. You want help sometimes you have to go get it. If you don't want to take the action to help yourself then whose fault is that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join